COY - Mac Left Out

Oklahoma Gator

Lifetime Member
Nov 18, 2015
He did great for his first year but the East is the worst it's ever been. He deserves to be on the list but you can't give it to someone with zero hardware.
See this is actually something that has been repeated like crazy but may not actually be true when you look at it. Tenn is 8-4 with losses to Florida OU Bama and a tough Arky team. Georgia is 9-3 with losses to Florida Bama and Tennessee. Half of those losses are to final 4 teams and the other half are to the division champs or each other. They weren't NC caliber but they didn't suck either

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
See this is actually something that has been repeated like crazy but may not actually be true when you look at it. Tenn is 8-4 with losses to Florida OU Bama and a tough Arky team. Georgia is 9-3 with losses to Florida Bama and Tennessee. Half of those losses are to final 4 teams and the other half are to the division champs or each other. They weren't NC caliber but they didn't suck either

I didn't say anyone sucked but the East has one ranked team in the 20's. Yes, this is the crappiest East division of all-time. I have little doubt. For arguments sake it is bottom three...how's that?

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I didn't say anyone sucked but the East has one ranked team in the 20's. Yes, this is the crappiest East division of all-time. I have little doubt. For arguments sake it is bottom three...how's that?
I agree it's the worst it's ever been.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Like it or not MattM's got a point. Not saying it's right or fair, but if our offense had looked better the last 6 games, even losing to FSU and Bama, I would think that Mac would likely be on the list.
I like Mac but he's certainly not perfect. He deserves to be on the list....however they don't give awards based on 3/4 of a season. There was NO reason for us to lose to the Clowns. They are a sucker for ANY run based option and almost everyone knows it.....Letting Treon throw the ball 40 times might have been one of the biggest coaching blunders I've seen in many years. And it's almost like he didn't realize what was at stake....

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
The 'eye test' is why we are in the Citrus Bowl and Old Piss is in the Sugar. That, and Shepherd Smith can bring his gay harem and buy more tickets.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
The FAU disaster followed by 2 losses and being underdogs to the 5th best Big 10 school doesn't exactly impress. Fair or not, awards, ranking, and seeding have more to do with how you finish than how you start.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
no one predicted 10 wins. That alone should get Mac on the list. But yeah, "the old eye test" probably hurt him.
Did anyone predict that this would be the worst USCe and Mizzou teams in over a decade, and UGA was way down as well and about to fire Richt? When you pay attention the schedule you see we had exactly one good win. Everyone likes to beat their chest over the number 10 but if you take a closer look you see 7 wins were against teams that couldn't pour piss out of a boot if the instructions were on the heel, 1 against a team we own that couldn't even beat Chimp, one an okay win against a rival having a bad year and about to fire their coach, and one nice home win.

Last edited:

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Did anyone predict that this would be the worst USCe and Mizzou teams in over a decade, and UGA was way down as well and about to fire Richt? When you pay attention the schedule you see we had exactly one good win. Everyone likes to beat their chest over the number 10 but if you take a closer look you see 7 wins were against teams that couldn't pour piss out of a boot if the instructions were on the heal, 1 against a team we own that couldn't even beat Chimp, one an okay win against a rival having a bad year and about to fire their coach, and one nice home win.
Pure curiosity, what was your prediction before the season started?

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
I just hope it pisses off him and the team and they take it out on Meatchicken.

gatorkev85

Nov 24, 2015
100% agree with him being left off! The man didn't do his part to help the team. His skill set is offense and our was terrible. He didn't help the team win 10 games Collins and the defense did. Why he should he win anything. I'm sick of hearing he won 10 games win no depth at OL or Qb. Both sucked it up this year and that his side of the ball. The damn defense won games for us so thank Collins and the entire defense. Mac had nothing I repeat nothing to do with the defense and that's what won us games. The defense carried our team by creating short fields for our pathetic offense which Mac runs. If we would have won 10 ges with all offense and no defense I'd be right with everyone arguing he deserves coty but the facts are he sucked at his job, which is offense. He should write Will Muschamp and thank him for leaving an elite defense or he'd be 7-5 right now with a lose to FAU.

Im just so amazing that no one understands that Mac didn't do what he was brought in to do.... fix the offense I understand we had open Wr's but Treon didn't get them the ball well who's fault is it that Treon was on the damn field Mac, who's fault is it that the coaches couldn't or wouldn't try and create a sceme for him to move the ball Mac and Co. I get that it's no lt easy to create a package of plays for Treon on the fly but I've seen Meyer create something during the bye week so it can be done. Instead that fool kept trying to fit a square peg in a round hole and that's stubborn poor coaching. Personally I think he looks like a damn fool cause all during sprung and fall he stated there was no gap between Grier and Treon yet Grier started getting the offense and Treon looked like a lost stripper at a high end banquet it never looked right. I think once we get a better Qb we will be fine but the man don't deserve no trophy this year just because we won 10 games with all defense

RocketCityGator

In All Kinds of Weather
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
100% agree with him being left off! The man didn't do his part to help the team. His skill set is offense and our was terrible. He didn't help the team win 10 games Collins and the defense did. Why he should he win anything. I'm sick of hearing he won 10 games win no depth at OL or Qb. Both sucked it up this year and that his side of the ball. The damn defense won games for us so thank Collins and the entire defense. Mac had nothing I repeat nothing to do with the defense and that's what won us games. The defense carried our team by creating short fields for our pathetic offense which Mac runs. If we would have won 10 ges with all offense and no defense I'd be right with everyone arguing he deserves coty but the facts are he sucked at his job, which is offense. He should write Will Muschamp and thank him for leaving an elite defense or he'd be 7-5 right now with a lose to FAU.

Im just so amazing that no one understands that Mac didn't do what he was brought in to do.... fix the offense I understand we had open Wr's but Treon didn't get them the ball well who's fault is it that Treon was on the damn field Mac, who's fault is it that the coaches couldn't or wouldn't try and create a sceme for him to move the ball Mac and Co. I get that it's no lt easy to create a package of plays for Treon on the fly but I've seen Meyer create something during the bye week so it can be done. Instead that fool kept trying to fit a square peg in a round hole and that's stubborn poor coaching. Personally I think he looks like a damn fool cause all during sprung and fall he stated there was no gap between Grier and Treon yet Grier started getting the offense and Treon looked like a lost stripper at a high end banquet it never looked right. I think once we get a better Qb we will be fine but the man don't deserve no trophy this year just because we won 10 games with all defense

Look I'm with you on your criticism of Mac's lack of adjustments. Seems just flat out bull-headed. I have also referenced Meyer's changes on the fly so I also don't buy the "can't change in the middle of the season" defense some people put forward. Heck even Bama threw wrinkles in the QB run game at us. I'd not seen that from them before and the announcers acted like it was something new.

But I don't agree with you that Mac doesn't deserve credit for the 10 win season. Mac changed the culture mostly (DR notwithstanding). Mac has shown aggressiveness on offense that Mush would never have shown; going for it on 4th down, 2-minute drill, creative routes, etc. Yes give credit to the defense, but we don't win the east, even a weak east, without the changes Mac made in the program.

Now that "attempt" at even-handed criticism and praise for Mac aside, if we lose to Michigan because he trots out the same ineffective offense, Mac will lose my support.

Before anyone says it, "why yes I am sure Mac is losing sleep because he may lose my support." LOL

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Silly words.
giphy.gif

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014

Donald-Trump-Faces-1.gif

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

Is your first name Will, by chance?

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015

Is the 85 in your user name your IQ?

playzwtrux

Founding Member
Wait,... what?
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Heck even Bama threw wrinkles in the QB run game at us. I'd not seen that from them before and the announcers acted like it was something new.

Coker is the third leading rusher (in attempts) on the AL team. How is him running the ball a new wrinkle? He has 61 on the year and Drake only has 72.

I know, don't mix facts with forum fodder.

RocketCityGator

In All Kinds of Weather
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Coker is the third leading rusher (in attempts) on the AL team. How is him running the ball a new wrinkle? He has 61 on the year and Drake only has 72.

I know, don't mix facts with forum fodder.

We don't need no stinking facts!

Didn't know that fact. Danielson said Auburn fans are going"hey that's our offense" or something to that effect. I took that to mean that the zone read they were running was something new. My son goes to Bama and I watched a game live with him earlier this year and didn't see them doing that. Now I have seen Coker on few QB draws.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.