Credit Card Fraud Update: Smith and Telfort Gone

chuckmcphail

Lifetime Member
Sep 21, 2016
The more I thought about this last night. I got to wondering, don't they give these kids a class in how to use these cards? I mean someone made a point as far as these kids having a Card like this. I know when I got to college my parents got me a card for emergencies. But I would by gas, food sometimes, etc. and this was before the swipe/chip machines. Where they had to use the imprint of the card onto the slip thing. I was 17 and thought oh wow I can just give them this card and get things. Finally they sat me down and advised me of how you have to pay all that back at the end of the month(Amex).

So I personally can see where some confusion if they weren't properly advised or trained on where and what the card is used for and not used for. I think these players should lose their scholarships if they are going to abuse this privilege. Granted it's not a lot each month on these cards but what if it was? This could cause serious financial problems for the university and stores, etc.

this "fraud" happens at all university with these cards. Whether it's buying shirts and hats at the book store and then selling them to students at a discounted price for cash.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I feel like going down to that bank where Ron Zook works as a janitor and giving him a personal apology. As much hell as we gave him, he was Vince Lombardi compared to our last two hires.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Not that I'm blasting the UF player that ratted these guys out. But that's what it looks like.

Speculate...

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I feel like going down to that bank where Ron Zook works as a janitor and giving him a personal apology. As much hell as we gave him, he was Vince Lombardi compared to our last two hires.

ron-zook-bank-info.png

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
The more I thought about this last night. I got to wondering, don't they give these kids a class in how to use these cards?
Do you think a class telling them not to guy buy video games, computers or whatever then report the card stolen and deny you made those charges would really have helped?

BTW this is a common welfare fraud scheme. And I mean COMMON. People use or sell their debit cards then report them stolen. Then they get new cards mailed to them. I wont be surprised to hear some of these kids learned this at home.

CapitalGator02

Founding Member
( . Y . )
Jun 17, 2014
Founding Member
Simple. LDR has spent the offseason evangelizing that players are entitled to a portion of the athletic department's revenue. What's born is this ingenious scam to steal cash from UF through credit card fraud.

Come on, we should jump at the chance to pin anything on LDR!

Last edited:

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
Not true. I dont know how the admin/compliance/whomever ever thought theyd sweep this under the rug and that the cops and ncaa wouldnt be interested. Sharif Floyd got, what, three days for the bake sale money for an airplane ticket tonthe UnderArmour game? This is going to be many thousands od dollars to dozens (I suspect) of players.

Feel like I already want the season to end, what a disappointment. Our rivals are loving this.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
I'm not sure if our rivals even know we exist at this point. They don't care enough to love something like this anymore. We're irrelevant.

I work with plenty of Noles, Bulldogs, and a few Canes. They are loving the hell out of this. Praying Bama lays the wood to the Noles and the Dawgs and Canes get theirs down the road too.

chuckmcphail

Lifetime Member
Sep 21, 2016
Do you think a class telling them not to guy buy video games, computers or whatever then report the card stolen and deny you made those charges would really have helped?

BTW this is a common welfare fraud scheme. And I mean COMMON. People use or sell their debit cards then report them stolen. Then they get new cards mailed to them. I wont be surprised to hear some of these kids learned this at home.

Yeah happens a lot here in the panhandle especially with HUD housing. People used to sell their actual food stamps for cash, before the EBT came out. Now they just get their friends piss to get their cards replenished.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Simple. LDR has spent the offseason evangelizing that players are entitled to a portion of the athletic department's revenue. !
:lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:

urg agrees, Im sure. once he rolls out of bed around noon, im sure he will respond. maybe after he rolls down to circle k to buy some hohos and nehi for breakfast using his ebt card.

BluH2OGtr

May 28, 2016
Not that it really matters at this point who turned Scarlett and Wells in, but my money is on a team mate who is already caught up in the investigation....maybe someone who is trying to get a reduced charge through cooperation?

chuckmcphail

Lifetime Member
Sep 21, 2016
Not that it really matters at this point who turned Scarlett and Wells in, but my money is on a team mate who is already caught up in the investigation....maybe someone who is trying to get a reduced charge through cooperation?
You never Snitch! No.Matter.What. Do these guys not watch Goodfellas? You never rat on your friends...

BluH2OGtr

May 28, 2016
You never Snitch! No.Matter.What. Do these guys not watch Goodfellas? You never rat on your friends...
I agree, 1000%. I'm thinking one of the 9 is in trouble for the first time, and the investigator got in his head....but, this is just my opinion.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I agree, 1000%. I'm thinking one of the 9 is in trouble for the first time, and the investigator got in his head....but, this is just my opinion.

That is probably what happened. A felony charge could get you kicked out of school.

BluH2OGtr

May 28, 2016
Mac has to have at least an idea if more suspensions are coming...I can't see the police not updating him on a routine basis on developments

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.