Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
LDR has failed as a leader of men.
giphy.gif

Jenny On The Railroad

Founding Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Well I think we know the why of Bama & FSU. It's not that the players aren't messing up. It's just that the police and the administration turn a blind eye to it.
And why is this so hard for UF fans to understand? The GPD and UPD here go out of their way to harass and use the wrong charges when they arrest. I personally am very happy the UF "crimes" are not typically about violence- muggings, mate abuse, shootings, etc. Whereas in some places this becomes routine and tolerated by LE because of collusion to protect the football program.

You can bet if violent crimes are hidden and downplayed, a debit card scam ( espn credi card fraud) would never see the light of day at those programs. It almost didn't here, although the consequences were enacted and players held accountable.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member

"The Gators will now be without 10 players for Saturday’s opener, but that number could rise. A source tells Spectrum Sports more players will be suspended in the future due to their involvement in the ongoing UFPD investigation."

No I dont have names but Im told it will be bad. They may come before Saturday.

Last edited:

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
Just when things were looking good for us in recruiting as well. Feel like this pain will never end. Just hope we can find a back that can break a shoestring tackle from a 150 pound db

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
We fired Zook in his third year bc of a fight between most of the OL and some Uf students.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Completely disagree. Ten kids and counting... That is a program culture issue only two years in. The fish rots from the head down.

These are grown men. The parents teach distinguishing right from wrong starting about age 5-6, extended to recognizing crime from non-crime in the ensuing home-life years up to age 17. Then a "stranger" CFB coach gets them to transfer advanced football know-how. That's it.

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Well I think we know the why of Bama & FSU. It's not that the players aren't messing up. It's just that the police and the administration turn a blind eye to it.
Paid directly and told your money is coming later.

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I didn't say they were or I think they did. I said nothing would surprise me and I wouldn't doubt it if it happened.

The problem is there are too many problems with these guys for me to ignore it or make excuses for them. This is a systemic problem and you have to hold the head man accountable for it. He does not have control of his team.
UM

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
These are grown men. The parents teach distinguishing right from wrong starting about age 5-6, extended to recognizing crime from non-crime in the ensuing home-life years up to age 17. Then a "stranger" CFB coach gets them to transfer advanced football know-how. That's it.
So are the personnel in the athletic Dept. This should have been nipped in the bud probably a year or two ago.

Omar's Coming Yo!

Gator til the grave
BANNED
Oct 6, 2016
And why is this so hard for UF fans to understand? The GPD and UPD here go out of their way to harass and use the wrong charges when they arrest. I personally am very happy the UF "crimes" are not typically about violence- muggings, mate abuse, shootings, etc. Whereas in some places this becomes routine and tolerated by LE because of collusion to protect the football program.

You can bet if violent crimes are hidden and downplayed, a debit card scam ( espn credi card fraud) would never see the light of day at those programs. It almost didn't here, although the consequences were enacted and players held accountable.
Players could not break the law or put themselves in spots where the law would show up. Like smoking bud in your dorm room or riding around with child molesters. Bama had to suspend 5 guys and forfeit games due to the textbook scam. There's more suspensions on the way and this will be Mac's last year here IMO. With all the turmoil at UF right now with the Huntley Johnson fiasco and now this UF is in a terrible spot.

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Players could not break the law or put themselves in spots where the law would show up. Like smoking bud in your dorm room or riding around with child molesters. Bama had to suspend 5 guys and forfeit games due to the textbook scam. There's more suspensions on the way and this will be Mac's last year here IMO. With all the turmoil at UF right now with the Huntley Johnson fiasco and now this UF is in a terrible spot.
How much of this falls on the UF president? He may be gone too. Especially with the Callaway charges. He sets the tone here.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
This thread is full of WIN!

LOL

:bananadance2:

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
Well I think we know the why of Bama and FSU. It's not that the players aren't messing up. It's just that the police and the administration turn a blind eye to it.

Very true at those places as well at others. I'm sure next week when Bama,Fsu, and Michigan each play cupcake teams, we'll probably see a handful of players from each team suspended for "violation of team rules". We need to stick to playing a cupcake team the 1st game of the season so we can get all our suspensions out of the way, then if we want a challenge, do it the second game. Heck we probably already got 5 suspended for the 2019 opener against the Canes. Lol

Jake from State Farm

I'm wearing Khakis, why?
Sep 6, 2014
The players made bad decisions and they will be held accountable. Sounds like a hard life lesson to me.

BTW: Proud of my School for handling this in a proper manner.

Time for others to step up and not give up!

Lot of :couch: going on.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
rogdochar said:
These are grown men. The parents teach distinguishing right from wrong starting about age 5-6, extended to recognizing crime from non-crime in the ensuing home-life years up to age 17. Then a "stranger" CFB coach gets them just to transfer to them advanced football know-how. That's it.

So are the personnel in the athletic Dept. This should have been nipped in the bud probably a year or two ago.

I agree that UF administrators should have known enough about the temptation to do fraud and thus should have a foolproof way of providing these funds. These guys have proven themselves deceitful guys, thieves. You are correct, Augusta, in pointing out that high-standards University administrators should know that many "first-away from home" adventurers will succumb to such "laid-out" temptation. Hell, don't they remember their lessons on those sociological experiments on the "money-stuffed" wallet dropped on the sidewalk?

Whatever student turned them in, may have felt pangs at subourning theivery. They honored UF's honor-code?... or computerized tracking may have uncovered the caper.

However, I am not just addressing this from the CFB-Program angle. This is about honesty, a characteristic ingrained within the lenghthy parental guidance years. What is it, 80% of 17-22 year olds don't even go to college, to be caressed by coaches. Wouldn't you like for them to turn out honest, knowing it's wrong to misappropriate funds (steal)? Many of them will be handling larger sums of other peoples' money, our money.

Besides, these deceitful fellows can cover up and keep secrets very well, seeing that they commit shameful acts (or should-be shameful acts) without guilt. Acts they need to hide from honorable folks. UF still has an Honor Code and I'm sure this is a violation of that, and of societal laws, etc.etc.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.