Credit Card Fraud Update: Smith and Telfort Gone

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Word is the membership of the nefarious syndicate has spread further, beyond football players and out to their fans. I expect several members on this board are getting a polite knock on the door from our men in blue sometime this evening. Those members will be suspended from watching football games indefinitely.
Police got me today. I tried to buy some elctronics on my travel card but the damn loss prevention flagged the charge so it wouldnt go through.

Instead I stole-- errrr--borrowed several laptops from work but the security saw it under my casual friday polo.

I told them 2222 says it isnt really criminal and that everyone does it.

So far they arent buying it. And the cuffs hurt.

Last edited:

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Matthew 7:1-3King James Version (KJV)
7 Judge not, that ye be not judged.

2 For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.
Send a big check to Jimmy Swaggart and all wil be forgiven,

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Send a big check to Jimmy Swaggart and all wil be forgiven,
mjm that was weird. In 3 seconds I got a like and then a dislike from you..........my head was spinning much like my biblical quote.........
you read me wrong..........

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
As you said, these ID's give players access to a pot of money.
Yes, we know what VISA debit cards are.

What's been stated in the media is that player(s) used their ID's to purchase prohibited items, such as electronics. They sold these items for cash and claimed the cards were stolen (implying someone stole their cards and bought electronics)..
Exactly!!!! How could that possibly be a crime?

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
1430486585769289869.gif

I've often wondered where this guy went? This Mac showed fire, gumption and balls, a take charge mentality. What the hell happened, when & why?! The current Mac hasn't shown an attitude like this since this incident occurred.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I've often wondered where this guy went? This Mac showed fire, gumption and balls, a take charge mentality. What the hell happened, when & why?! The current Mac hasn't shown an attitude like this since this incident occurred.
He started smoking weed with Calloway.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Whole thing was calculated and a tactic to try and set a tone and send a message. Was a good start, problem is it wasn't who he really is and thats been readily apparent over the last two years. This 30 second episode has been the outlier in an otherwise 2 years of aww shucks, light punishments and second and third chances.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
It's not common for me at all. In fact, I'm about 99.99999% sure I've never done it, but I just read an article or something recently, last night I think, that said this is a pretty common and widespread scam going on across the country. These 10 young men aren't the only ones who've tried it.
It's a common CRIME!!! Murder is extremely common in Chicago. By 22s logic and your defense of it, if a couple of us knocked off some ppl within Windy City limits, it'd be no big deal.

Ho Lee Fuk! :lmao2:

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
It's a common CRIME!!! Murder is extremely common in Chicago. By 22s logic and your defense of it, if a couple of us knocked off some ppl within Windy City limits, it'd be no big deal.

Ho Lee Fuk! :lmao2:

How many of those people ever get charged for murder in Chicago? :lol:

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
It's funny to read people proclaiming that the players are thieves stealing from the school and yet the poster is at work stealing paid time from their company. The player will have to repay the money. Is the poster going to add up all the time they spent on this forum and repay the company for their loss? After all, thieving is thieving.

This same scenario has played out at many places. Alabama and Nick Saban had this happen years ago. It's not a new scheme. The players will repay the funds, no charges will be filed and everyone moves on. The only player in real trouble is the one that paid his rent with stolen cards and that was a completely separate issue.

The Mac haters are running around in circles screaming and ripping their hair out over this issue because they have an agenda. Chip Kelly has an expired show cause from the NCAA for actually running an out of control program that really did cheat and the dumpers would all welcome him with open arms. There was a post this week about how great Pell was (and he was) and he ran an out of control program that cheated. Spurrier had a group of several stars that were actually taking real money from a real agent. How many Bama players have been arrested with a gun and drugs or been shot in the last two years? Saban does not run an out of control program and everyone would welcome him as coach at UF as well.

Even the best coaches with the most disciplined program can have something like this happen. It's being handled well. The players are being suspended so that there are no NCAA issues.

I hate to burst the bubble of all the people at work hoping the boss doesn't see they aren't actually working, but this type of crime is considered to be fairly small. You know, like getting paid to work when you're actually not working.
You heard it here folks! Message boards should be illegal! Lets shut the board down guys, this practically credit fraud.

gator1946

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
for me this is the make or break season. It's year 3, 60% of the roster is Mac's. Now we need to see where he is leading the program. This is week one, but it's not a good look. If we were discussing a few players I don't think this is an issue. The problem is we are discussing 10% of the roster. This is UGA under Richt type of stuff. The stuff we Spurrier made fun of UGA about. The stuff we made fun of UGA about. Now to pretend like it's not something would be hypocritical on our end.

For the record, I believe that the credit card fiasco is completely unacceptable and, unless facts have been completely misrepresented, felonious. For all the squabbling about right wrong felony or not, I believe Douglas has hit on the real issue. I received more degrees than I probably deserved from UF. I am a rabid football fan. But more important even than football is the reputation of this institution.

This is just one more thing times 10. One more big thing that's splashed all over the place. We made fun of UGA. We made even more fun of FSU. Spurrier was the master of dealing with our own problems and calling it like it was when our rivals F'd up. It's not acceptable to become a clone of FSU.

God I miss Spurrier. The buck stopped with Spurrier and the buck stops with Mac. Clean it up Mac...and fast.

Jun 2, 2015
After reading this thread, I recalled how they did it in the "old" days (50's & 60's) @ Miami who were at the time independent. Scholarship athletes lived in the "athletic" dorms & they had monitors (who kept them on the straight & narrow) & there was a university-wide curfew of 1:00AM for all students. All dorms (male & female) had monitors and the fraternities/sororities had "house mothers". The athletes ate @ the training table and they had ID's to present to get their books and supplies and an invoice was sent & charged to the athletic department. When you finished the specific course of study, you could sell your book for a pittance amount unless the books changed which they often did. The athletic department paid for their yearly annuals and their graduation rings. They were given a small stipend for personal items such as toothpaste, deoderant, and such. Vendors throughout the area would periodically supply the team with complimentary theater tickets and pizzas.

Marijuana was around and was referred to as "Mary Jane" and reports were that it would drive you insane; thus, was not used on a wide-spread basis by many people but liquor was abundant.

Game incentives were given in the form of cash. If you played defense on the kick-off, you got $20. if you tackled the receiver behind the 20 yard line, or created/recovered a fumble, tackled behind the line of scrimmage, etc. etc. That was a lot of money back then. Plus, freshmen could not play on the varsity. The freshmen teams back then were referred to as the "Baby" Gators, 'Noles or 'Canes and they played each other. They were expected to stay 4 years and graduate.

Lots of changes over the years - some good and some bad. Unfortunately, a lot of young men do not have the upbringing environment and maturity to handle independence and don't always make good life choices particularly if they have not had prior good examples and accountability.

Last edited:

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Word is the membership of the nefarious syndicate has spread further, beyond football players and out to their fans. I expect several members on this board are getting a polite knock on the door from our men in blue sometime this evening. Those members will be suspended from watching football games indefinitely.
:bwahaha:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
How many of those people ever get charged for murder in Chicago? :lol:
Great point. Less than 20 percent for Chicago. And the you people especially are doing it.

Therefore, murder is clearly LEGAL in Chicago, Detroit, and Baltimore.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.