Credit Card Fraud Update: Smith and Telfort Gone

Blacklabgator

Lurking Member
Lifetime Member
Jul 7, 2014
Was it ten kids? I doubt it stops at ten btw. Right now we should worry we don't get put on probation

There were 4-5 in that incident alone and prob 10 were dealing with Tank Black back then too. To think that this program has been as pure as the wind driven snow is ludicrous.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
There were 4-5 in that incident alone and prob 10 were dealing with Tank Black back then too. To think that this program has been as pure as the wind driven snow is ludicrous.

I never said that we were clean. Anyone that knows our history knows that. And yeah I was worried back then too. Not impressed with Mac so far. Let's leave it at that.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I don't think there's any drop off with perine. I like him. The good news is this another strike against mac.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Did you feel that way when Fred Taylor and company were using another kids Gator1 card ?

I don't mind you licking Mac's balls, but don't equate that situation with this 10 player suspension, potentially criminal investigation and fatherly BS rhetoric spewing from Mr Mountain West about leadership and teaching lessons. I have watched and listened to many UF coaches and Mac falls into that try to emulate not innovate category. When the multi-million dollar talk doesn't match reality, you lose credibility fast in this world. I've gone from liking Mac to wanting him to shut his mouth until his coaching moves/decisions win some big games and meets his job hiring description of cleaning up the broken program. But, you're a Gator, so we'll agree to disagree. I don't like my season opening excitement being thwarted by kids who don't buy into the mission for getting a scholarship or show respect to the guy selling it. :cool:

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
If it's team wide Mac will be canned. Its one thing if it's 10 guys you can point to bad apples. 20+ and it shows there's no leadership from the HC.

10 guys is a boatload. If it's 3-4 guys, you can use the "bad apple" excuse. When it's 12% of the team, there is something else going on...and it ain't good.

CapitalGator02

Founding Member
( . Y . )
Jun 17, 2014
Founding Member
I never said that we were clean. Anyone that knows our history knows that. And yeah I was worried back then too. Not impressed with Mac so far. Let's leave it at that.
In terms of the product that we've seen on the field, no doubt. But what Scarlett, Calloway, and company have done is hardly an indictment on Mac one way or another. How do you expect he police this type of behavior? Most people are fairly set in their ways once their 18+ and regardless of the HC's influence, these kids are going to fu#k up. Myself and my friends had very stable, comfortable upbringings and we still did very dumb sh!t (I look back on some of those occasions and can't believe I was never arrested or severely injured) in both high school and college.

If we were winning, no one would care about off the field transgressions.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
Trying to stay politically correct. Although, Leak was a pretty solid player and person. I'd take him in a heartbeat over any of the QBs we've had since Tebow and after Danny.

I agree Leak was a solid player but I always got a weird vibe from the guy, kind of like he was a serial killer. He had those funky eyes and that quiet demeanor that had me wondering how many bodies he'd bury. Fast forward to a few years ago with the HS chic and we find out he's not so squeaky clean. I guess what they say is true...pzzy is undefeated and has never been tied. :)

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
In terms of the product that we've seen on the field, no doubt. But what Scarlett, Calloway, and company have done is hardly an indictment on Mac one way or another. How do you expect he police this type of behavior? Most people are fairly set in their ways once their 18+ and regardless of the HC's influence, these kids are going to fu#k up. Myself and my friends had very stable, comfortable upbringings and we still did very dumb sh!t (I look back on some of those occasions and can't believe I was never arrested or severely injured) in both high school and college.

If we were winning, no one would care about off the field transgressions.

Completely disagree. Ten kids and counting... That is a program culture issue only two years in. The fish rots from the head down.

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
You think our coaches are instructing our players to commit fraud. Find it highly unlikely.
I didn't say they were or I think they did. I said nothing would surprise me and I wouldn't doubt it if it happened.

The problem is there are too many problems with these guys for me to ignore it or make excuses for them. This is a systemic problem and you have to hold the head man accountable for it. He does not have control of his team.

CapitalGator02

Founding Member
( . Y . )
Jun 17, 2014
Founding Member
Completely disagree. Ten kids and counting... That is a program culture issue only two years in. The fish rots from the head down.
Not really. It's an amateur and professional football issue where these entitled, overglorified football players think they can get away with anything. The overarching amateur/professional culture is whats rotting, the coaches are the ones dealing with these pricks. Some actually allow them to get arrested and exposed, while others cover for them.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
i'm in agreement with you. What i'm saying is that we need to continue getting 4 and 5 stars but have some sort of system in place so that when they get here they don't mess up to begin with. That way we don't have to miss seemingly half our roster to suspension. Bama, FSU and Michigan get 4 and 5 stars too but they don't seem to have this problem. What are they doing different? Do they have better steps in place to prevent stuff like this? Idk

Well I think we know the why of Bama & FSU. It's not that the players aren't messing up. It's just that the police and the administration turn a blind eye to it.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Not really. It's an amateur and professional football issue where these entitled, overglorified football players think they can get away with anything. The overarching amateur/professional culture is whats rotting, the coaches are the ones dealing with these pricks. Some actually allow them to get arrested and exposed, while others cover for them.

Are you an advocate for Mac? I get we are all Gators and want them to win. Are you someone who thinks he's THE guy to lead us to a national championship?

Jenny On The Railroad

Founding Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
have to agree with omar on this. this is beyond ridiculous. other big schools schedule marquee matchups year and year out and have no issues.
Other big schools cover it up, and you don't hear about it. Also there is some methodical downplaying of much more high profile crimes and activities by espn related media. The reasons you don't hear about things are not usually because of lack of suspension worthy issues.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator