Cristobal loses on purpose to pay gambling debt?

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I missed that last night. What a nice Sunday morning treat

PCGatorAlum

Lifetime Member
Feb 1, 2017
I flipped it on at exactly the time they fumbled. Most enjoyable college football 2 minutes I have watched all season.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Definitely the highlight of the night in college football last night.
What makes it even better is the fact that it wasn’t even a fumble. The players elbow was clearly down before the ball came out and the moron ref upheld the call on the field.

I really enjoyed watching the pretend Miami fans freaking out.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
What makes it even better is the fact that it wasn’t even a fumble. The players elbow was clearly down before the ball came out and the moron ref upheld the call on the field.

The best part about your last sentence is how they blame the fumble call for the loss, but don’t mention that they then proceeded to give up a 2 play, 75 yard TD drive

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Just listen to the first 90 seconds. If you don’t want to, he said

”We should’ve called a timeout”
”We should've recalibrated”
”We should’ve taken a knee”

no real explanation.

Yeah the “recalibrating” thing was the best. Why are you needing to recalibrate? It’s the simplest play and decision in football. There’s no “getting your bearings straight” or “recalibrating”. You’re just an idiot who’s terrible at game day coaching.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I too turned it off assuming it was kneel down time. As bad as turning the ball over was, it was amazingly ridiculous how quickly and easily Ga Tech scored.
How the hell could the defenders allow that WR to get behind them on the friggin' last play of the game? STAND IN THE END ZONE!

And how the hell could the Miami RB fumble on that play? All he had to do was not fumble and the game is over. What a meltdown of epic proportions at every level.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah the “recalibrating” thing was the best. Why are you needing to recalibrate? It’s the simplest play and decision in football. There’s no “getting your bearings straight” or “recalibrating”. You’re just an idiot who’s terrible at game day coaching.
No kidding. The sole reasoning for the Victory Formation was from the exact thing this asshat did. Priceless.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
I’ve long been of the opinion that most football coaches are not high IQ people. I regret not going into coaching at a young age because if you have an above average IQ (save the jokes Urg lol) you can be an elite coach if you immerse yourself early.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I’ve long been of the opinion that most football coaches are not high IQ people. I regret not going into coaching at a young age because if you have an above average IQ (save the jokes Urg lol) you can be an elite coach if you immerse yourself early.
:grin:

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
The Bama QB threw an incomplete pass on first down when he should have kneeled yesterday as well. Had to run an extra 4th down play and run around and throw a deep pass out of bounds to run out clock instead. These coaches need to go back to coaching and not reading some metrics card instead.

That being said, scUM was dumb, but nothing tops this:

ted

Aug 24, 2019
One of the top 5 coaching mistakes of all time. Then to let GT go 79 yards in22 seconds with no timeouts is unfathomable. Some talking heads have mentioned that the meltdown is a fireable offense for Mario.

Gator87

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

Yes, all 3 of them.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
The Bama QB threw an incomplete pass on first down when he should have kneeled yesterday as well. Had to run an extra 4th down play and run around and throw a deep pass out of bounds to run out clock instead. These coaches need to go back to coaching and not reading some metrics card instead.

That being said, scUM was dumb, but nothing tops this:

Kirk Cousins took a knee once in the final seconds of the first half at Philly’s 5 yard line. Meant to spike it and kill the clock, and ran it out on himself instead. Players making a mistake is almost to be expected. A coach, who’s also connected via headset to minimum 5 other people who either a) missed it themselves, or b) were overridden by the head man, can’t possibly have an excuse for that. It’s Top-5 all time gaffes. And it’s also not his first. Not quite as egregious, but he did this at Oregon as well. Think they may have had to run a 4th down play there, but it’s similar and a loss squarely in his shoulders.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator