Cronkrite vs. Scarlett

Albert

Enormous Member
Aug 22, 2014
Am I the only one that thinks Cronkrite is and has been a bit under-rated coming into the season. Don't get me wrong, I am pleased we have both, but if I had to pick from the last 2 games I think Cronkrite has the edge from what I have seen. I know it's early, and I haven't seen any of the practices the media has, but at this moment he appears to be just as good if not better than Scarlett. In the words of the fearless leader Ox: Discuss.

BostonGator84

Founding Member
Infrequent Frequenter
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I agree, I think Cronkrite (get the spelling right) has flown under the radar but I think he's outperformed Scarlett thus far. Glad they are both Gators!!

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Scarlett looks like the better back standing still but Crunk has definitely been the best back so far.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
BostonGator84;n280173 said:
I agree, I think Cronkrite (get the spelling right) has flown under the radar but I think he's outperformed Scarlett thus far. Glad they are both Gators!!
Boston, I thought you were being funny, but dammit if you aren't right! I had never noticed the second 'r' in his name. Cronkrite. Cronk Right. Thanks for pointing that out. Wonder how many others besides me and Albert missed that.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Cronkrite has looked very impressive so far. Takes the contact to the defender, not the other way around.

ufgator2002

Bleeds Orange and Blue
Aug 11, 2014
GatorBart;n280184 said:
Boston, I thought you were being funny, but dammit if you aren't right! I had never noticed the second 'r' in his name. Cronkrite. Cronk Right. Thanks for pointing that out. Wonder how many others besides me and Albert missed that.

Nobody, just you Bart :dance:

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Glad we have both, give Scarlett some time and maybe a few more reps and I think you'd be splitting hairs between the two.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
ufgator2002;n280195 said:
Nobody, just you Bart :dance:

tumblr_nq947uubAD1u62fh1o1_500.gif

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Albert;n280171 said:
Am I the only one that thinks Cronkrite is and has been a bit under-rated coming into the season. Don't get me wrong, I am pleased we have both, but if I had to pick from the last 2 games I think Cronkrite has the edge from what I have seen. I know it's early, and I haven't seen any of the practices the media has, but at this moment he appears to be just as good if not better than Scarlett. In the words of the fearless leader Ox: Discuss.

I think Cronkrite has arguably been the best back on the field thus far, or is atleast challenging Taylor. Definitely better than Scarlett so far. We'll find out if he is the real deal over the next couple of weeks.
Cronkrite, with Taylor bumped down the depth chart, has a chance to make a name for himself this weekend, as UKs rush defense is not very good, giving up 227 yards per game.
No reason that we shouldn't have a back go over the century mark this weekend, unless we are just going pass crazy the whole game.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Interestingly, Cronkrite was thought to be the lightning to Scarlett's thunder. But that dude straight bowls people over. And he's basically a one cut runner. Cuts right field. No dancing.

ufgator2002

Bleeds Orange and Blue
Aug 11, 2014
But on a serious note with those two, both are very talented for sure, Cronk has had the better hand so far because Scar has put the ball on the ground a time or two and I think has caused him to slow down a bit trying not to fumble. At least that's what it looked like in the last game from row 12

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJ;n280200 said:
Interestingly, Cronkrite was thought to be the lightning to Scarlett's thunder. But that dude straight bowls people over. And he's basically a one cut runner. Cuts right field. No dancing.
Accurate. Looking forward to seeing if he can keep that up against SEC defenses. Scarlett has been pretty disappointing thus far.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
I just like their names. Cronks name is bizarre. Like someone screwed up the spelling years ago. Love Scarlett. We are the only SOUTHERN team to have a back named Rhett and Scarlett. Put that in your pipe and smoke it (old guys know that saying).

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator