Cronkrite vs. Scarlett

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Conkrite is hands down the best back we have. Dude makes people pay for tackling him . Kelvin must have been hit too many times because he wants no part of running between the tackles.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
t-gator;n280226 said:
Conkrite is hands down the best back we have. Dude makes people pay for tackling him . Kelvin must have been hit too many times because he wants no part of running between the tackles.
:headscratch:

Do you read threads before replying?

trey65

Sep 17, 2015
I'm with you, Cronkite has been very impressive. I also liked when Morrison stated that Scarlett reminds him of Trent Richardson. I use to enjoy watching Richardson move piles. You are correct that Cronkite has looked the best.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
I like Cronk better than Scarlett so far. We must remember, they are true freshman. Who knows who will be netter as they become more comfortable with the offense.

Taylor will continue to get the bulk of the carries because he's the only one who knows who to block in pass protection.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
trey65;n280405 said:
I'm with you, Cronkite has been very impressive. I also liked when Morrison stated that Scarlett reminds him of Trent Richardson. I use to enjoy watching Richardson move piles. You are correct that Cronkite has looked the best.

Are you guys just doing this on purpose now?

By the way, Cronk is getting some traction on the forum. I like Cronk a lot better than Crunk (makes him sound wasted). Just say Cronk!!

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
lagator;n280413 said:
Are you guys just doing this on purpose now?

By the way, Cronk is getting some traction on the forum. I like Cronk a lot better than Crunk (makes him sound wasted). Just say Cronk!!

No no, my buddy Bart has it best I say. It's Cronk Rite!

Doopree

Lifetime Member
Sep 2, 2015
Taylor is overrated no doubt. With RBs, at least to me, their performance doesn't dramatically change from FR to JR/SR years. Crunk is the future.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
trey65;n280405 said:

... you've got to hand it to'em both.

Delg8tor

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
One thing I have noticed is that it seems like the OL provides bigger holes for Cronkrite. They don't block for $hit when KT is running the ball

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
All 3 look very good to me. Crunk is decisive - plant that foot and go north. But I'm not ready to parse differences or preferences too much based on these 2 games.

and yes, Taylor CAN catch.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Theologator;n280486 said:
All 3 look very good to me. Crunk is decisive - plant that foot and go north. But I'm not ready to parse differences or preferences too much based on these 2 games.

and yes, Taylor CAN catch.
Yeah, Cronk gets going north in a hurry. I'd like to see all 3 of them more in the open field.

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n280193 said:
Cronkrite has looked very impressive so far. Takes the contact to the defender, not the other way around.
I agree. It seems that Scarlett is lagging a little trying to adjust to the college speed. He seems to be "thinking" too much.

BNAG8R

Founding Member
I don’t care
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
One thing I've noticed with Scarlett is that he doesn't go down on first contact, and gets a couple extra leg churns. He also seems to be very upright through that contact, and that can contribute to the ball security issue. Agree with alł that Cronk/Crunk has been the better back, but I think there's a lot of upside still with Scarlett too. We are in good shape there if both stay healthy.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Delg8tor;280479 said:
One thing I have noticed is that it seems like the OL provides bigger holes for Cronkrite. They don't block for $hit when KT is running the ball

Not so sure about that. There's been a few times where I've seen Cronkrite running to the line and I think "there's no hole" and then he bursts through the other side. He's just much more decisive and hits the hole quickly.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJ;n280626 said:
Not so sure about that. There's been a few times where I've seen Cronkrite running to the line and I think "there's no hole" and then he bursts through the other side. He's just much more decisive and hits the hole quickly.

:giggity:

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Delg8tor;n280479 said:

:headscratch: seems to see a number of time especially last game where Cronkrite is being hit by multiple defenders in the "hole" and he carries them for positive yardage. It still seems that without a wide open hole KT is dancing, and we are seeing flashes of last years version of KT. Talented back who needs a hole a truck can drive through and we don't have the offensive line for that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.