CTE found in 110 of 111 former NFL players

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I'm not talking about a pension. Most of them earn millions during their career. They should try saving some of it instead of blowing it all on fancy cars, houses, partying and womanizing.
Well according to the NFL the average career is 3.3 years (6 for players making the opening day roster their rookie year) and the average salary is 2.1 million...though that is obviously skewed greatly by the number the star players make. Yeah they could easily afford to retire after 3 years of making 2 million but we know most don't make that much...and yet they do try to spend it like they do because it's cool

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Maybe football will go away someday...could definitely see this go away in the junior ranks and maybe even at some high schools but its way to big of a money maker for college and NFL. Once you get to the NFL it is a job...a dangerous job but a job. There are plenty more dangerous jobs in America that make far far far less money. Players aren't forced to play football in the NFL...they are paid to do a job and talk about ending it is stupid.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
that's how it was a couple yrs back because i remember hearing NFL players talk about it. 90% of them wore Schutt or Riddel which both are pretty garbage I'm glad they finally designed some to help limit the impact.

Yep. The article says that 90% of them are one of those two brands.

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Football as we know it is about to go away.
This is MOM for 50 plus years. Same with boxers.

Been saying this for about 10 years now...the game is not for the majority of folks. It's too fast, too big and too violent.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
***NEWSFLASH***

110 out of 111 Smokers tested positive for respiratory illness.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Fellas, those people who want to make sure everyone is protected from themselves WILL NOT QUIT until football as we know it is dead. They don't care if people know the risks. They think it's dangerous, and they know better, so they will do all they can to ban the game. It's going to take years, but it will happen. They won't quit. Ever.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I remember awhile back lots of wellness-meaning folk tried to get boxing eliminated from sports. And that was due to the overt evidence of a boxer or 2-3 dying right there in the ring, during the sporting "game". I think boxers should be "coat-tailed" on the NFL study expenditures because plenty of lower echelon boxers get their brains bashed without ever making much money. Plus it would be an interesting comparison. Pro big-punch boxers don't wear helmets and they're essence is to crack the opponent directly in the head. ( Also, where the boxer's earnings actually go = big swindler handler/promoters.)

PS>> It's obvious today's boxers are "muscling up" much more. Featherweights are now scoring KOs
unlike yesteryear when featherweight fights meant never a KO. Along with Featherweight & Lightweight fights producing more KO-artists, their fights draw bigger crowds and they make more money.$$

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator