Current Recruiting Status

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
NavetG8r;n260633 said:
With all we're hearing about some of those freshmen, you could very well be correct.

Appears many of them are going to get thrown into the fire early, so they'll certainly get their shot at it.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
This thread is worthless because there are so few five star athletes. This is why I loathe the pumpers. I posted the number of four stars we've signed going back ten years. They've always been the bulk of our classes. That's f ing facts. Another stupid sunshine pumping crap piece. Four stars are our bread and butter. The op should apologize to everyone that pays for this site. Total garbage....again.

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
T REX;n260717 said:
This thread is worthless because there are so few five star athletes. This is why I loathe the pumpers. I posted the number of four stars we've signed going back ten years. They've always been the bulk of our classes. That's f ing facts. Another stupid sunshine pumping crap piece. Four stars are our bread and butter. The op should apologize to everyone that pays for this site. Total garbage....again.
Thanks T REX, i read and got a laugh, good way to start the morning.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
T REX;n260717 said:

Ok, I'll apologize for drawing out you're weak attempt at impersonating law and that it can't change the "f ing facts" that it's still early in the 2016 recruiting class, that most 4 and 5 star kids are uncommitted at this point, and the opportunity for us to finish strong is not dead. I'm sorry for pointing that out. Will you apologize for being miserable and pissing and moaning when there are still kids available and we still have time to land them?

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
TLB;n260765 said:
Ok, I'll apologize for drawing out you're weak attempt at impersonating law and that it can't change the "f ing facts" that it's still early in the 2016 recruiting class, that most 4 and 5 star kids are uncommitted at this point, and the opportunity for us to finish strong is not dead. I'm sorry for pointing that out. Will you apologize for being miserable and pissing and moaning when there are still kids available and we still have time to land them?

He won't apologize for anything. Law won't allow him to. :lol:

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Most of your post is about 5 star kids. Do the number breakdown on the 4 star kids. I already did it and it's ugly. Feel free to use my research as I went back ten years. Recruiting is suffering massively contrary to your best Goebbels piece. Four star kids were always the highest % of our class for the most part. Find my posts. ...I did the breakdown already. Your puff piece was worthless.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
T REX;n260717 said:

tumblr_lpzmdcmFqz1r0hvn0o1_500.gif

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
t-gator;n260602 said:
Those guys were hired to recruit imo

Really???? I didn't know that! Thanks for educating me with your vast recruiting knowledge (enter sarcasm here) i really appreciate it. :exactly:

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
T REX;n260717 said:
I posted the number of four stars we've signed going back ten years.

T REX;n260772 said:
Most of your post is about 5 star kids. Do the number breakdown on the 4 star kids. I already did it and it's ugly. Feel free to use my research as I went back ten years. Recruiting is suffering massively contrary to your best Goebbels piece. Four star kids were always the highest % of our class for the most part. Find my posts. ...I did the breakdown already. Your puff piece was worthless.

Challenge accepted, though I'll sidestep the nazi reference. So, I ran a search on your post in hopes of finding your research on past recruiting classes. Unsurprisingly, searching for 'class' by 'T REX' yields plenty of posts about 'low class' and a lack of class (the nazi reference makes more sense). But the football relevant ones didn't provide me this research you claim (please help me if I missed it). Instead, what I found was the following:

In reference to the bulk of our classes being 3star kids, we have your opinion but no linked facts to back them up.
T REX;n231815 said:
Depends on how many we take in a given year. We should have a nice mix of a couple 5's, a bunch of fours and then you fill the class out with 3's. I hate Muschamp more and more(if that is possible). He ruined our brand.

In answer to the 2015 class being a transition class, when transition classes typically suck.
To be honest...this class would have been awful even with Muschamp staying. Not much we can do about it now. That ship sailed long ago.

Another on the 2015 class, admitting we'll have to fill it with less than awesome talent
We need bodies. They will have to fill the class with 2 & 3 stars. They don't have a choice. The previous regime didn't recruit properly across the board.

Again, about the 2015 class, but admitting the WM debacle will have a lasting impact in recruiting
I've made it a point to avoid referencing that but when we are talking about the current recruiting class, I really feel it is relevant. No reason for us to be in such bad shape. This will affect the next three years...negatively.

Again, about the 2015 class, but this time as a comment from beating the dead Foley horse about retaining WM too long
Recruiting is in the crapper. Do you now why? This class is going to handicap the new guy. Instead of Foley doing the right thing he screwed us. Sorry you want to ignore it or sweep it under the rug. Let's call it for what it is...

There's more like that - a lot of bashing Foley (I'm not arguing his responsibility in this mess), a lot of the 2015 class sucking because of WM and how JMac will struggle to get anything in 2015. There wasn't a point in going further back past the firing of WM. But since then, I can't find this supposed research on how 4 stars made the bulk of our recruiting classes. So, if you did this research, can you link me to it? Not calling you a liar, just saying your full of sht about what you've supposedly researched and posted.

Now that we have that out there, let's look at your question about four star kids - I'll stick to 247 for the sake of consistency, rather than bouncing with espn or rivals recruiting boards. Looking at the top 10 team, you are correct that there are few five star kids to go around - your point on my initial post is accepted. And your position that most of our past classes have been four-star heavy may be true, or at least have some truth to it. Just a quick look at the current top 10 bears that out somewhat, in that the top classes have an overall balance of 3-4 star commits with very few 2 star kids (assume these schools don't have 0-1 star kids making up that commit total).
1 Ohio State19114391.41273.77â–¼
2 LSU19310691.57273.55â–¼
3 Florida State18111590.79259.21â–¼
4 Alabama18010889.94245.80â–¼
Ole Miss19171189.64242.98â–¼
6 Penn State1809989.41240.40â–¼
Michigan22091387.44234.66â–¼
Georgia1524990.51233.32â–¼
USC15110490.61232.77â–¼
Miami21091287.89231.90â–¼

That list alone shows and 93 4-stars and 80 3-stars. That site makes it difficult to figure out how big the pool of each class is, but it appears there are over 300 of the 4-star kids currently out there. Only 27 of the 5-star kids available. Likely gobs and gobs of 3-star kids, and I'm sure you'll say there is an order of magnitude more 2-star kids available (and we're trying to sign them all!).

A few pointed questions for you, if you're willing to enlighten us with your grumpy insights:

1 - where is this research you posted about our past 10 classes being mostly 4-star kids (whether you actually researched it, and posted it, or not I'm willing to bet you are right in that we were 4-star heavy in that we had high class rankings under Meyer and Muscant).

2 - Do we have scholarships still available, or have we filled our roster with 2-3 star kids and have no room to go up?

3 - Do rankings for kids go up over the course of their senior year, or is the ranking they have RIGHT NOW what they'll be come NSD?

4 - All those kids not committed today, or possibly committed to other schools but flipable ddepending on our on-field performance this season, do we have NO chance at them right now? At the end of the season? By NSD? You may say we don't have them now so we suck. Can you acknowledge that nobody else has them, and we have a shot, so we don't know if we suck yet?

4 - With those high ranked classes in the past decade, what have we done with them? Acknowledging Myere's two NC's, what else do we have to show (not belittling those at all, god love them). Specifically, what do we have for the past 5 yrs classes in terms of four star kids and on field performance? The comeback might to be 'how many went on to the NFL' as an indicator of player quality, but the key point here is our winning and losing in NCAA contests. Having great kids 3 deep, either in the wrong position or in a scheme that doesn't utilize them, doesn't do a damn thing for the kid, the team, or the program. So, to turn a paragraph back into a Q&A, what exactly have we got to show for all those high ranked 4-star loaded classes in the past five years?

You admitted JMac was hamstrung by WM for the 2015 class - no relationships and a short window to sign - so the push was for bodies. And you acknowledge there will be a lasting black eye for the new staff to overcome in terms of recruiting. But you don't seem to be cutting them any slack in overcoming the past regime's mistakes. 2015 was just get bodies. 2016, IMO, will be getting the right bodies (character and buy in) for the program (may not be all stars, but they are the right kids for JMac to build HIS program with. 2017 is when the rest of the world sees what he can do and it will be a case of getting the BEST bodies for the program (character, buy in, AND skill set).

I'm not saying we're going to be all-star awesome. I'm not even saying we have the possibility to be a top program again until I see the coaches getting it done on the field and the kids starting to come. But you seem set on asserting we are way bad now and will continue to be, with no hope of getting better. Has law truly brought you that deep into the darkside?

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
If you can't appreciate what this staff did in the incredibly short time they had together for our 2015 class, then there's probably no hope for you. I'm sure with a full year to evaluate, they'll bring in another very good, if not great class for 2016.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Lol. You made a big deal about 5 star kids. I told that we took mostly four star kids every year. It's on here somewhere. My point is simple...don't blow smoke. I'm out of town for a funeral so you'll have to wait till I get back for a more detailed response. Sorry.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
Was I wrong in what I said about 5 star kids?

It's not on here.

Nowhere am I blowing smoke. It's not my nature to do that, I'd be piss poor at it if that were my intent.

+++++++++++++++

Sorry about the funeral. Travel safe, and my sympathies for those effected.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
TLB;n260993 said:
Was I wrong in what I said about 5 star kids?

It's not on here.

Nowhere am I blowing smoke. It's not my nature to do that, I'd be piss poor at it if that were my intent.

+++++++++++++++

Sorry about the funeral. Travel safe, and my sympathies for those effected.

Thank you for the sympathies. Long long week.

Again, you are trying to put something into perspective by using 5 star kids as the barometer. And I merely said that it was a poppycock argument. Why? Because 4 star kids have always made up the bulk of our classes according to Rivals:

4 star kids/total number of commits

2016 - 4/20
2015 - 5/21
2014 - 12/24
2013 - 14/29
2012 - 11/22
2011 - 11/19
2010 - 17/27

I can go on and on but you can see the pure numbers and what they mean. We always grab 4 star kids as the bulk of our class. Not only that there are a bunch of 5's mixed in there as well. Sure we filled classes out with 3 stars but they were never the bulk of our class. We have 4 four star kids right now out of 20 commits. GARBAGE!!!! Don't tell me it's only August. Don't tell me to wake you up on NSD. Two below average classes in a row is sound for alarm.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
T REX;n262283 said:
Thank you for the sympathies. Long long week.

Again, you are trying to put something into perspective by using 5 star kids as the barometer. And I merely said that it was a poppycock argument. Why? Because 4 star kids have always made up the bulk of our classes according to Rivals:

4 star kids/total number of commits

2016 - 4/20
2015 - 5/21
2014 - 12/24
2013 - 14/29
2012 - 11/22
2011 - 11/19
2010 - 17/27

I can go on and on but you can see the pure numbers and what they mean. We always grab 4 star kids as the bulk of our class. Not only that there are a bunch of 5's mixed in there as well. Sure we filled classes out with 3 stars but they were never the bulk of our class. We have 4 four star kids right now out of 20 commits. GARBAGE!!!! Don't tell me it's only August. Don't tell me to wake you up on NSD. Two below average classes in a row is sound for alarm.

Numbers are nice to look at no doubt, however a true measure of a class is 4 years after they sign....I believe Urban Meyer said that. To call 2015 a down year is just a little premature IMO.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Concrete Helmet;n262423 said:
Numbers are nice to look at no doubt, however a true measure of a class is 4 years after they sign....I believe Urban Meyer said that. To call 2015 a down year is just a little premature IMO.

No, it isn't. It was a down year. 2016 is down as well. It is indisputable fact.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
… yet have we ever had "player-development" in the last 6 years ?

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
T REX;n262475 said:
No, it isn't. It was a down year. 2016 is down as well. It is indisputable fact.

That's crap. It's truly making a decision to be negative. To bask in the sea of negativity that seems to be such a comfortable place for you to take up residence.

You thought last year was absolutely lost. That there was no chance at all. The fact of the matter is that Coach Mac came in and in a matter of weeks pulled off a miracle. Screw the stars. He started with almost nothing and managed to fill our biggest needs. Most importantly among them, we got a boatload of OL and he still managed to bring in TWO MORE this summer, after signing day. He signed two premier running backs who will both likely see significant playing time this year. Point is he started with zilch and in a few weeks managed to put together a top 25 class. That might not sound like much until you realize that he was addressing our biggest weaknesses. And with the exception of the occasional Martez Ivey, signing a ton of OL is never gonna make you sky rocket in the recruiting rankings.

After the miracle that was last year, I am willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. This year is still very early. Also, I find it interesting that Bama is currently sitting ten 4 stars and eight 3 stars. Nearly half of their class is currently filled with 3 stars. This is what, Saban's 7th season there??? You, yourself said in black and white that Muschamp's screw up would hurt us this year in recruiting. And you're right. It will. Yet, from where I'm sitting Coach Mac is currently addressing our biggest needs. And there is still a ton of time between now and February, with a lot of uncommitted big names who still have us in their top 5.

T, give it a rest and let this thing play out. In Mac I trust.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Alagator;n262504 said:
That's crap. It's truly making a decision to be negative. To bask in the sea of negativity that seems to be such a comfortable place for you to take up residence.

You thought last year was absolutely lost. That there was no chance at all. The fact of the matter is that Coach Mac came in and in a matter of weeks pulled off a miracle. Screw the stars. He started with almost nothing and managed to fill our biggest needs. Most importantly among them, we got a boatload of OL and he still managed to bring in TWO MORE this summer, after signing day. He signed two premier running backs who will both likely see significant playing time this year. Point is he started with zilch and in a few weeks managed to put together a top 25 class. That might not sound like much until you realize that he was addressing our biggest weaknesses. And with the exception of the occasional Martez Ivey, signing a ton of OL is never gonna make you sky rocket in the recruiting rankings.

After the miracle that was last year, I am willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. This year is still very early. Also, I find it interesting that Bama is currently sitting ten 4 stars and eight 3 stars. Nearly half of their class is currently filled with 3 stars. This is what, Saban's 7th season there??? You, yourself said in black and white that Muschamp's screw up would hurt us this year in recruiting. And you're right. It will. Yet, from where I'm sitting Coach Mac is currently addressing our biggest needs. And there is still a ton of time between now and February, with a lot of uncommitted big names who still have us in their top 5.

Some people just can't take disappointment so they spend their entire lives dreaming up the worst possible scenario and expect it to happen. That way if it doesn't happen, they're pleasantly surprised instead of having their heart broken. I think T REX and Law are just two of those types of individuals. They can't help being negative all the time. It's just in their DNA.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
This is funny. You guys make it sound like we've been good in football for the last 5 years....my bad.

Bama is loaded and can afford a down year(I bet they finish top 5) here and there. We cannot. The transition year was our mulligan. Another year like that and suddenly we're among the have nots(which an argument can be made we currently are). Don't look now but we are really starting to fall behind the pack.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Alagator;n262504 said:

50% of Bama's class is 4 stars. 25% of ours is...which is better? And this is a down year for them. Holy crap...what's your argument again!?

More excuses and rationalizations...this has been going on from pumper land for 5 years and counting. At some point the tide has to turn...

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.