Current Recruiting Status

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Coach Mac's crew not only have to attract recruits but they have to pry them away from already commitments involving
a deserved mockery-thinking promoted by our competitors.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
T REX;n262735 said:
Oh come on...I'm sorry for the twat comment. I also thought coach Mac would be recruiting better than this. I guess I'm sorry for that too. Comparing us to Mizzou? The pumpers will resort to anything.

All the while conveniently ignoring your own assertions that you made only months ago that recruiting will be down this year. Irony is ironic...

It+s+unbelievable+how+many+supernatural+tom+loki+gifs+i+have+_72240c9a4b0c64d9a1f540177abf138e.gif

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
BTW, Mizzou has handed our asses to us the last three years in a row. Right now, them being compared to us would be more of an insult to them than it would be to us smart guy...

I ain't pumping squat. I just chose to see the good that Mac is pulling off despite the sh!!t sandwich he was handed and asked to eat. Do you, at this point, SERIOUSLY expect to have dozens of 4 and 5 stars lining up and begging us to take their commitment? Geeze, you're either more delusional than a semi or you're just trolling. For your sake and the sake of those who are around you, Ihope you're just trolling. No one can be that delusional... can they?

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Alagator;n262880 said:
BTW, Mizzou has handed our asses to us the last three years in a row. Right now, them being compared to us would be more of an insult to them than it would be to us smart guy...

I ain't pumping squat. I just chose to see the good that Mac is pulling off despite the sh!!t sandwich he was handed and asked to eat. Do you, at this point, SERIOUSLY expect to have dozens of 4 and 5 stars lining up and begging us to take their commitment? Geeze, you're either more delusional than a semi or you're just trolling. For your sake and the sake of those who are around you, Ihope you're just trolling. No one can be that delusional... can they?

LOL. You're a pumper. You've always been a pumper. You'd pick the corn out of the **** sandwich and say..."look....corn!" Muschamp did a number on this program. I said a lot of things about Muschamp. I can choose to amend anything that I said at anytime. I am going to give Mac a mulligan on the field this year but I damn sure thought he'd do better in recruiting. If he doesn't it won't matter. He'll be gone by year three for going 21-15. He either wins or he's gone. I don't have to sit here and shoot rainbows out of my ass because I want this coach to prove himself. Do you think it is unreasonable to have doubts?

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Alagator;n262880 said:

And what they have won? Dick. A bunch of 3 stars aren't winning the SEC. Get it in your thick skull.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
T REX;n262924 said:
LOL. You're a pumper. You've always been a pumper. You'd pick the corn out of the **** sandwich and say..."look....corn!"
I raffed out roud.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
T REX;n262924 said:
LOL. You're a pumper. You've always been a pumper. You'd pick the corn out of the **** sandwich and say..."look....corn!" Muschamp did a number on this program. I said a lot of things about Muschamp. I can choose to amend anything that I said at anytime. I am going to give Mac a mulligan on the field this year but I damn sure thought he'd do better in recruiting. If he doesn't it won't matter. He'll be gone by year three for going 21-15. He either wins or he's gone. I don't have to sit here and shoot rainbows out of my ass because I want this coach to prove himself. Do you think it is unreasonable to have doubts?

Doubts and claiming that a recruiting class that hasn't even been finalized is already in a down year. Are two vastly different things. Having doubts is fine, shooting a horse for losing a race it hasn't had a chance to run is completely different. You are shooting the horse before it has even been in the starting gates. If we have four 4* recruits, then the claim of a down year would be valid, but we are in August with 5-9 scholarships available and no LOI's signed. We can pull any verbal offer to a 3* to give to a 4* at any point, until they have signed that LOI.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
TheDouglas78;n262931 said:
Doubts and claiming that a recruiting class that hasn't even been finalized is already in a down year. Are two vastly different things. Having doubts is fine, shooting a horse for losing a race it hasn't had a chance to run is completely different. You are shooting the horse before it has even been in the starting gates. If we have four 4* recruits, then the claim of a down year would be valid, but we are in August with 5-9 scholarships available and no LOI's signed. We can pull any verbal offer to a 3* to give to a 4* at any point, until they have signed that LOI.

WHat are the chances that every single player he gets from here on out is a 4 or 5 star kid? Give me some realistic odds...and the season is going to be rough.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
T REX;n262932 said:
WHat are the chances that every single player he gets from here on out is a 4 or 5 star kid? Give me some realistic odds...and the season is going to be rough.

I don't know, we don't know which kids are holding out hope. Which Florida kids just want to see that their is a change. It all depends on the product on the field. There is no denying that the coaching staff walked into a bad situation especially at OL. This season could be very rough, but to claim something before it is close to be finalized is not doubting, it's straight up hating. Does it look good, no. But it's recruiting, how many recruits flip flop in December and January. It's too early to call, except for you.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
T REX;n262926 said:
And what they have won? Dick. A bunch of 3 stars aren't winning the SEC. Get it in your thick skull.

And what have we had to show for all our 4 and 5 star recruits for the last 5 years?

And Seriously? Again with the name calling???

So far, you've called TLB a twat and me a dick. Why? Because we refuse to live in the land of misery. Because we see things for what they are? Because we know (and as you have already been quoted as previously saying) That Mac drew a short straw and will have to the best he can in recruiting until results change on the field?

MJM said:

You really aren't capable of having a difference of opinion without resorting to childish name-calling are you? That alone should let everyone know how irrational your take is on any subject.

I think he's right.

TLB said:

Never said it's rosy. In fact, several of us have indicated that JMac has done well (in our opinion) to date but there is time to do better. And we didn't have to resort to name calling.

This has been his, my and many reasonable and rational persons thought on the subject.

YOUR response is:

...The pumpers will resort to anything.

I said:

I ain't pumping squat. I just chose to see the good that Mac is pulling off despite the sh!!t sandwich he was handed and asked to eat. Do you, at this point, SERIOUSLY expect to have dozens of 4 and 5 stars lining up and begging us to take their commitment?

And then out of mere concern for your psychological well being and as a concerened and responsible message board citizen simply suggested:

Geeze, you're either more delusional than a semi or you're just trolling. For your sake and the sake of those who are around you, Ihope you're just trolling. No one can be that delusional... can they?

And how did you respond to my compassionate plea to tend to your psychological health?

You're a pumper. You've always been a pumper. You'd pick the corn out of the **** sandwich and say..."look....corn!"

Followed up by:

The first one was clever. I'll give you that much.

However, you're still acting pretty childish... Yeah, I'm a dick. Why is that exactly? Because I wont join you in your delusion. You know the kind where you publicly state that recruiting will suffer this year. And then get on a recruiting thread and complain about how bad it is and that you expect more because you say:

I can choose to amend anything I say anytime.

Riiiiiigggghhhhttt.....make peeerrfffecct sense.....

giphy.gif

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
GatorBenji;n263013 said:
Where do you guys realistically think this class will finish, top 10? top 15?
It will end up pretty high just because of the quantity we'll take. (30-ish) But the way it looks I'd say 23 two/three stars, 6 four stars, and 1 five star. But not for quality.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.