Gator Baseball CWS Semis: Gators bow out

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Well what little uncle MO we tried to garner in the 5th just went out the window as ARK reliever shuts down Indy and Dalton. Trail 5-2 after 6 innings

Towels 'N Sporks

We R Bad Cause Urban Cheated on Wife
May 19, 2016
Singer was below par this CWS. Not just for him, but for any college pitcher. Pretty impossible to win a championship when your ace is giving up runs left and right.

It's unfortunate because he worked so hard for the team this year.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
3 outs to make it happen or else it is over. We certainly were not the best team in Omaha the way we went it but they battled. A good year nonetheless if we fall short by getting to Omaha and would have loved for it to be a great one, but there can only be one winner.

Ocalaman

Mar 7, 2018
Arkansas has been the most consistent team in the country all year, IMO. Gators have been very average since mid-April and frankly I'm surprised they got this far. Arkansas is the one team who has had Singer's number. Singer started 36 games in his Gator career before tonight. In 34 of them he never allowed more than 5 runs. The other 2, against the Razorbacks, he allowed 6 each time. And they got him tonight as well. Tonight, however, Reese's 2 errors and pitiful hitting killed us.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
Baseball team made a nice run, but came up short. At least they won it last year. Now that all the little sports are done with, time to get fired up and look forward to the “King” of all the sports. Just a little over 2 months away!

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Got some good pitchers for the future. I hope Byrne comes back. Just have to replace India. Go Gators.

fasonfan

Jesus Saves
Nov 1, 2017
The pitching is never the problem.. these guys can't hit frankly with such bad hitters they were lucky to get by Auburn. Arkansas is full of hitters we have guys that are literally 3 for 30 it's sad. Without our pitchers we look lost

Scott512

Sep 1, 2014
They just didn't have it this year. Thanks to the players on a good run this year and the long overdue first championship last year.

I think the Gators only won 1 ncaa title the entire school year. I kind of expected more of a top 5 sports program.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
Baseball team made a nice run, but came up short. At least they won it last year. Now that all the little sports are done with, time to get fired up and look forward to the “King” of all the sports. Just a little over 2 months away!
King of Sports--horse racing?

Thick&ThinG8r

Lifetime Member
Aug 21, 2014
Would have loved to see the strike zone box in use tonight. I know the arky pitcher was given 4 to 5 inches on the outside from the first pitch.
JJ and a few others couldn't get over that fact and took their self's right out of the game. I think Sully looks back at this team as one that let it get away.

Ocalaman

Mar 7, 2018
Through April 15 the baseball team was 32-6 and playing at an elite level. Starting with the April 17 loss to Jacksonville, we were 17-15 for the rest of the year. This team had a ton of talent, but played very average ball the last 32 games. Still finished 4th in the nation and won the SEC. Pretty good year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.