Dan Mullen @ Florida...So Far....

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Except for Chump and Butters. You can throw WiLLLLLLLie in there too

Augusta, the fact that we went from 4 to 9/10 wins from 2017 to 2018 wasn't that impressive. it's truly impressive how bad you have to coach to have a 4 win season at Florida (without probations) during the last 30 years. You are truly trying to fail.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Augusta, the fact that we went from 4 to 9/10 wins from 2017 to 2018 wasn't that impressive. it's truly impressive how bad you have to coach to have a 4 win season at Florida (without probations) during the last 30 years. You are truly trying to fail.
pretty much any random coach should beat every SEC team except ugly. we have a two-to-one talent advantage on those schools.

Any random coach who hasn't completely lost his team's respect anyway.

Chump did it, Butters did it, and now Mullins did it.

Being above-average is the hard part.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
pretty much any random coach should beat every SEC team except ugly. we have a two-to-one talent advantage on those schools.

Any random coach who hasn't completely lost his team's respect anyway.

Chump did it, Butters did it, and now Mullins did it.

Being above-average is the hard part.

Mullen’s lost his team’s respect? I’ll log in two hours from now to find out Mullen has become a serial killer.

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
You are putting Dan in the same coaching category as Chump, Butters, and Willie?

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
SOS got 9/10 wins while also playing less games.... just think if SOS had the extra cupcake to two every season what those stats would be like.
itd be the same losses with 2 more wins. Average 12 instead of 10.

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Nice Deflection Augusta.
Not a deflection at all.

My position is, and from the beginning Dan is a better coach than chump and butters from organization, leading, and overall roster management.

I do not expect Dan to win multiple Championships or outright.

With this said I have been very pleased with Dans offense.

We have been more exciting to watch than I expected. The frequency of our downfield pass attempts has exceeded my dreams.

Our discipline on and off the field (until this week) have been good and going in the right direction.

Now let’s talk about your insinuation Dan is in the same classes Chump Butters and Wllie.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Not a deflection at all.

My position is, and from the beginning Dan is a better coach than chump and butters from organization, leading, and overall roster management.

I do not expect Dan to win multiple Championships or outright.

With this said I have been very pleased with Dans offense.

We have been more exciting to watch than I expected. The frequency of our downfield pass attempts has exceeded my dreams.

Our discipline on and off the field (until this week) have been good and going in the right direction.

Now let’s talk about your insinuation Dan is in the same classes Chump Butters and Wllie.

How did I say that, has Dan won only 4 games? You are making an argument to fit your own argument..... you are looking for something that isn't there.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
that's not what he was saying... did it meant they all beat everyone except dwags.

SOS got 9/10 wins while also playing less games.... just think if SOS had the extra cupcake to two every season what those stats would be like.

It's not really debatable that 10 wins is the old 9 wins, and certainly not the standard. This year, and apparently going forward, we did at least use that 12th game for a P5 opponent not a cupcake. But generally speaking, 11 wins is now the equivalent of 10 pre-2005(and excluding '02 and '03).

The only balance I'll throw in with regards to the "not being able to beat uga" argument that TheDouglas made in the chat below, is that Spurrier also coached during a much different period and had his own nemesis that he struggled to get past. I don't care the color of the jersey, consistently losing to a rival is consistently losing to a rival, especially one you routinely recruit against. So while I get that we ran the SEC, if the noles were in our division, we wouldn't have. We'd have been playing for 2nd place in the majority of his years.

To be clear, I'm not advocating being ok with losing in Jax. It's the one game I want more than any other. But as a teenager in the 90's, I would probably would've put fsu in that category. And namely because they had our number, consistently had better players and ruined season after season. Mullen needs to correct the current trend and win that game next year. But it's not as if we've never seen a situation like this, even while enjoying the overall success of a coaching staff. It just didn't prevent us from winning the conference.

Last edited:

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
It's not really debatable that 10 wins is the old 9 wins, and certainly not the standard. This year, and apparently going forward, we did at least use that 12th game for a P5 opponent not a cupcake. But generally speaking, 11 wins is now the equivalent of 10 pre-2005(and excluding '02 and '03).

The only balance I'll throw in with regards to the "not being able to beat uga" argument that TheDouglas made in the chat below, is that Spurrier also coached during a much different period and had his own nemesis that he struggled to get past. I don't care the color of the jersey, consistently losing to a rival is consistently losing to a rival, especially one you routinely recruit against. So while I get that we ran the SEC, if the noles were in our division, we wouldn't have. We'd have been playing for 2nd place in the majority of his years.

To be clear, I'm not advocating being ok with losing in Jax. It's the one game I want more than any other. But as a teenager in the 90's, I would probably would've put fsu in that category. And namely because they had our number, consistently had better players and ruined season after season. Mullen needs to correct the current trend and win that game next year. But it's not as if we've never seen a situation like this, even while enjoying the overall success of a coaching staff. It just didn't prevent us from winning the conference.
Exactly.

Winning the SEC CG in the 90's and early 00's didn't guarantee you a shot at a National Championship because the conference wasn't as strong from top to bottom as it is now. There was Florida, Bama, sometimes Tennessee, and then a bunch of also rans.

I'm not diminishing Spurrier's accomplishments at all, I'm just saying the landscape of college football has changed drastically since he was at UF.

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
How did I say that, has Dan won only 4 games? You are making an argument to fit your own argument..... you are looking for something that isn't there.
No, I said Chump Butters and willie would have do worse than 9-10 wins, I.e. Dan is better than Chump, Butters, and willie...in other words we could be worse off.

You responded dans performance was that good.

I responded with a question to clarify your position if you thought Dan was in the same class as C B & W.

Your estrogen kicked in with some stupid deflection comment.

I responded to clarify my position. Now your PMS is kicking full time as you double down on overreacting.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
No, I said Chump Butters and WiLLLLLLLie would have do worse than 9-10 wins, I.e. Dan is better than Chump, Butters, and WiLLLLLLLie...in other words we could be worse off.

You responded dans performance was that good.

I responded with a question to clarify your position if you thought Dan was in the same class as C B & W.

Your estrogen kicked in with some stupid deflection comment.

I responded to clarify my position. Now your PMS is kicking full time as you double down on overreacting.

Time to get off the meds man... you might be the only one that didn't understand what I said, except for slevin, who has Mullen's balls resting on his chin.

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Time to get off the meds man... you might be the only one that didn't understand what I said, except for slevin, who has Mullen's balls resting on his chin.
So what did you mean that has any value?

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
So what did you mean that has any value?

Winning 10 games with this schedule and talent isn't special, an average coach should be able to do that. What takes real talent of stupidty is to only win 4. How schitty of a coach do you have to be to win only 4 games with our schedule.

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Winning 10 games with this schedule and talent isn't special, an average coach should be able to do that. What takes real talent of stupidty is to only win 4. How schitty of a coach do you have to be to win only 4 games with our schedule.
What percentage of existing or recent coaches could reach 10 wins?

is it 95% which you seem to indicate, or something less like 75%?

My prediction and my recollection the consensus this year would be 9 and some of these as ugly or tight wins.

This is a decent season. Not spectacular nor horrible.

With the passing id say more exciting than I expected.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator