Dan Mullen @ Florida...So Far....

bayou gator

Lord I was born a shamblin' man...
Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
Why do people think he's going to take that job? It won't happen.

Helton is a dead man walking. Of ALL schools in the country, there isn't a single school underperforming on the recruiting trail worse than USC. Add that to the downward spiral on the field... it'll be a miracle if he doesn't get fired.

Boosters want him. Badly. Willing to pay whatever he'll demand. Money will not be a problem at all. Supposedly, the new AD has been whispering to them that Urban will be his target. And the word is that Urban has been telling them through the back channels that he's interested. New president, Carol Folt, is the wildcard though. She has made statements that Urban gives her too much concern.

I'll say this... IF Urban ends up there, coupled with the new rules allowing players to get paid, they will be a monster. LA is the PR/marketing/sports law capital of the world. There will be grad students at all the USC schools literally making presentations to recruits on how they will make them a household name in Southern California.

Basically they will be doing what they were doing when Leinart, Bush, etc were there... but legal.

Last edited:

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Helton is a dead man walking. Of ALL schools in the country, there isn't a single school underperforming on the recruiting trail worse than USC. Add that to the downward spiral on the field... it'll be a miracle if he doesn't get fired.

Boosters want him. Badly. Willing to pay whatever he'll demand. Money will not be a problem at all. Supposedly, the new AD has been whispering to them that Urban will be his target. And the word is that Urban has been telling them through the back channels that he's interested. New president, Carol Folt, is the wildcard though. She has made statements that Urban gives her too much concern.

I'll say this... IF Urban ends up there, coupled with the new rules allowing players to get paid, they will be a monster. LA is the PR/marketing/sports law capital of the world. There will be grad students at all the USC schools literally making presentations to recruits on how they will make them a household name in South California.

Basically they will be doing what they were doing when Leinart, Bush, etc were there... but legal.
Yeah, and Meyer can hand over his entire salary in California taxes.

He's not interested in that crap job.

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015

Plus, wasn’t there some kind of clause in the new AD’s contract that they can’t hire him?

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member

bayou gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014

Maybe... Cali's gov't is seriously f*cked up, but I think that is far from a crap job. It's easily one of the top coaching positions in the country. If they find the right person, they'll be rolling, fast.

Anyway, just relaying what all my USC buddies are saying.

bayou gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
Now that you mention it, they can't find a new AD because part of the deal is Urban Meyer is off the table. They feel he's too "controversial" and they want to turn over a new leaf.

They hired a new AD this week.

bayou gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
If they don't hire Meyer, you get a six month ban. If they do hire Meyer, I will only ban you for a month.

:lol: hahaha!!! Dude, I have no idea what they are gonna do. But I do know for a fact that the ones with the $ are begging for USC to hire him.

beteez

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
37fa07df26a1a76bb4c5954212603ab2.jpg

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I think beteez is a little bitter right now. He evidently still thought we had a realistic shot at winning the east even after we **** the bed against UGA.

beteez

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Everyone was pumping & listening to the media, and the shutter was full. Until Mullinz can get talent the meme will apply every year.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
sh1tter is full of 2nd place finishes
Actually a 3rd place finish (Kinfcck had the tie breaker) and a second.

At least we are 1-1 versus Kinfccky.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator