Dan Mullen is...

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Pump the brakes there, donk! I’m assuming you’re hinting at FF’s arm strength, but Danny Boy’s accuracy, timing and IQ to know where everyone is on the field at all times (including the defenders) means he could do anything FF can do, and do it better,
Of course, but that isn't the point.

No one loves DW more than me, bro. The point is there is a few things.... errr.... one thing really... that FF does pretty well, sometimes. If only we could get "good" FF more than bad FF.

EJ will push FF. Real competition is great for everyone. I suspect EJ will win, but you never know. I am sure of this. Whoever ever plays next year will be better than FF 2018.

BNAG8R

Founding Member
I don’t care
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
... has earned the right to ask for (and get) the moon. What he has done with the least talented team in decades shows that the UAA and booster community need to “invest” right damn now. Accelerate the football complex. Equip it with all the bells and whistles. Give Mullen a much bigger “support staff” budget and get a recruiting engine (a la Bama and humpers). Get a big analyst staff, upgrade the stadium...make this the most exciting program in the country. In business, you capitalize and attack when you have an advantage.

This is exactly that time...

Last edited:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
... has earned the right to ask for (and get) the moon. What he has done with the least talented team is decades shows that the UAA and booster community need to “invest” right damn now. Accelerate the football complex. Equip it with all the bells and whistles. Give Mullen a much bigger “support staff” budget and get a recruiting engine (a la Bama and humpers). Get a big analyst staff, upgrade the stadium...make this the most exciting program in the country. In business, you capitalize and attack when you have an advantage.

Wanna bet we wait 3 years for beisbol?

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Of course, but that isn't the point.

No one loves DW more than me, bro. The point is there is a few things.... errr.... one thing really... that FF does pretty well, sometimes. If only we could get "good" FF more than bad FF.

EJ will push FF. Real competition is great for everyone. I suspect EJ will win, but you never know. I am sure of this. Whoever ever plays next year will be better than FF 2018.

A little sarcasm there... I know you’re not all-in on FF, but was so surprised by what you actually typed I thought I better talk some sense into you before folks around here start calling you a sunshine pumper. I’m sure I’m not the only one thinking you’ve had one too many this morning.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
... has earned the right to ask for (and get) the moon. What he has done with the least talented team in decades shows that the UAA and booster community need to “invest” right damn now. Accelerate the football complex. Equip it with all the bells and whistles. Give Mullen a much bigger “support staff” budget and get a recruiting engine (a la Bama and humpers). Get a big analyst staff, upgrade the stadium...make this the most exciting program in the country. In business, you capitalize and attack when you have an advantage.

Sounds awesome. Too bad it's a pipe dream.

BNAG8R

Founding Member
I don’t care
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Sounds awesome. Too bad it's a pipe dream.

tenor.gif

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014

“TL;DR”- our AA

GatorTom85

Mar 22, 2016
Pump the brakes there, donk! I’m assuming you’re hinting at FF’s arm strength, but Danny Boy’s accuracy, timing and IQ to know where everyone is on the field at all times (including the defenders) means he could do anything FF can do, and do it better, EXCEPT throw on a frozen rope.

Also, I still have doubts about FF’s ceiling, though I hope he proves me wrong next year. I’d love to see EJ win the starting job or significant minutes because he earned it in a hard fought battle for excellence vice FF forfeiting his time. We shall see...

And you should lay off the sauce.

The original post never made any implication that Franks was better at anything other than throwing on a rope so you pretty much are making the exact same point. As we all now, however, throwing with finnesse and accuracy beats throwing hard with inconsistency. (see Doug Johnson)

The off-season QB battle is now going to be interesting in the Spring due to Frank's progress since the second half of USCe. I still think EJ wins in the end, but to do that he'll really have to push himself now thanks to Franks' ability to shake off his failures and get better. So, credit where credit is due, Franks has done UF a great service this year no matter how things turn out from here. And, who knows? With 2 years left there's still a lot of time for Franks. If he were to improve as much between seasons as he did this year the sky really would be the limit!

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
The original post never made any implication that Franks was better at anything other than throwing on a rope so you pretty much are making the exact same point. As we all now, however, throwing with finnesse and accuracy beats throwing hard with inconsistency. (see Doug Johnson)

The off-season QB battle is now going to be interesting in the Spring due to Frank's progress since the second half of USCe. I still think EJ wins in the end, but to do that he'll really have to push himself now thanks to Franks' ability to shake off his failures and get better. So, credit where credit is due, Franks has done UF a great service this year no matter how things turn out from here. And, who knows? With 2 years left there's still a lot of time for Franks. If he were to improve as much between seasons as he did this year the sky really would be the limit!

See my last reply... post #487.

SECund2nun

Oct 13, 2018

I'm so glad that loser Foley is gone so we can become winners again.

GatorTom85

Mar 22, 2016
A little sarcasm there... I know you’re not all-in on FF, but was so surprised by what you actually typed I thought I better talk some sense into you before folks around here start calling you a sunshine pumper. I’m sure I’m not the only one thinking you’ve had one too many this morning.

I guess I just don't see what the OP said that was so outrageous. In essence he said Franks has a cannon for an arm and hits throws from time to time that few can including some of our greatest. He also indicated that Franks has demonstrated enough to make 2019 a true QB competition which did not look promising as recently as halftime at USCe. Those observations all seem pretty accurate to me as does the implication that much of this year's success is directly attributable to Franks' demonstrated commitment to his team and his coach by working extremely hard on continuously improving all year long. If that's a drunk reaction then pass me another beer!!

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
I guess I just don't see what the OP said that was so outrageous. In essence he said Franks has a cannon for an arm and hits throws from time to time that few can including some of our greatest. He also indicated that Franks has demonstrated enough to make 2019 a true QB competition which did not look promising as recently as halftime at USCe. Those observations all seem pretty accurate to me as does the implication that much of this year's success is directly attributable to Franks' demonstrated commitment to his team and his coach by working extremely hard on continuously improving all year long. If that's a drunk reaction then pass me another beer!!

Are you new here? Donkey has been bashing FF since his arrival, so a compliment from the Donk is earth-shaking... and Donk is perfectly capable of defending himself.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Are you new here? Donkey has been bashing FF since his arrival, so a compliment from the Donk is earth-shaking... and Donk is perfectly capable of defending himself.
Wait... Im a FF basher now? I thought I was being called FF lover all year and a man who didn't understand the Power of Trash?

So confusing.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Wait... Im a FF basher now? I thought I was being called FF lover all year and a man who didn't understand the Power of Trash?

So confusing.

Until there was significant, tangible evidence that FF was benefiting from the new staff, you hated EVERYONE in the QB room. Not that I can blame you, but don’t deny it.

GatorTom85

Mar 22, 2016

I was not defending anyone. I was just responding to your post which was inaccurately critiquing another post... twice.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
I was not defending anyone. I was just responding to your post which was inaccurately critiquing another post... twice.

Yeah, I might’ve misread his first post. My response was no more inaccurate than Donkey’s average post. Sue me. Donkey’s a lawyer, so he can help.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Until there was significant, tangible evidence that FF was benefiting from the new staff, you hated EVERYONE in the QB room. Not that I can blame you, but don’t deny it.
Why dont you go look at posts from the spring and summer.

You're having some memory issues. I was being blasted for being the FF lover.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator