Dan Mullen is...

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
BUMP FOR ALL THE HATERS AND COMPLAINERS
I hope he is in the lockerroom landing talent right this minute.

Swamp was rocking, led the entire game, just a few things cleaned up from blowing them out.

Go sell it.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
A complete enigma and an infuriating play caller. But his kids play hard and give it 100%. Nobody can argue that one!

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
He is who I said he was the from day he was hired.....

The right coach for us at the right time.

EuroGator

Founding Member
Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
He is a really good play designer and play caller, a great developer of QB's and an underperforming recruiter. I hope he will improve in recruiting performance.

His record as a UF coach is all that matters.

Right now he's 6-0 (3-0) with wins over Miami, Kentucky (revenge), Tennessee, and a top 10 Auburn this year.

Overall, he's 15-3 (8-3) or 83.33% (72.73%).

Additionally, he seems to genuinely love UF, the players and his staff. He emphasizes hard work and determination. He prepares our players well, is well spoken, less off-putting than I feared based on hearsay, and has brought sustained fun and excitement back to Gator Nation for the first time since Meyer.

Go Coach Mullen! Keep straining to improve (especially in recruiting) and keep having fun!

:chomp: :chomp:

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Mullen has won me over . I was wrong about him. I owe him an apology. He's gonna be a legendary coach here. This is me eating crow.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Mullen has won me over . I was wrong about him. I owe him an apology. He's gonna be a legendary coach here. This is me eating crow.
Im not even close to there yet, but I like him more than I ever imagined. There are still redflags but it is easy to like the guy.

After not even being able stand the last two even when they were lucky enough to win, to not even be able to listen to the idiots in their press briefings, it is refreshing.

I hope our AD eventually decides to give him the tools to compete with the elite teams.

Last edited:

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Dan Mullen is.............killing it.
Im not even close to there yet, but I like him more than I ever imagined. There are still redflags but it is easy to like the guy.

After not even being able stand the last two even when they were lucky enough to win, it is refreshing.

Winning has that effect. I remember common knowledge in here was Dabo was a clown on the level of champ or worse. Our instant gratification culture is not conducive to coaching growth. Mullen has hit the ground sprinting and doing the best he can with who we have. THAT is called coaching. He proved it at MSU. He is the type of coach that you get him some athletes and he will beat most that have athletes. Yesterday was probably his BEST recruiting job. The fans also had a hand in it.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Winning has that effect. I remember common knowledge in here was Dabo was a clown on the level of champ or worse. .
If we sink 250 million into the football program, hired and the mozt expensive DC in the game, and started giving the 5 stars Hellcats or Escalades, maybe the same thing will happen here.

I doubt we are going to correct our coach they way Clempson did.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator