Dan Mullen

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
EJ runs. you know with him it's a simple as that
Ya know what? Why don't you kiss Kyle Trask ass.....seriously.
You of all people have been clamoring for a throw first, throw often offense. For the most part you've got it....I get it, you don't like Mullen....he's not my favorite either and frankly until he lands top 5 or 6 rated recruiting classes were not gonna be a top 5 team....you can accept it and watch what happens and enjoy the process or continue to bitch, moan and complain....all the while were throwing the hell out of the ball....btw didn't LSU score 3 TD's rushing the ball?

Maybe you should petition the NCAA to put in a rule where the QB can't legally cross the los….and make rushing TD's woth 3 points instead of 6.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Crete actually implying we lost because we threw too much

:lmao:
Yeah, you know, if we had thrown less and punted more, maybe LSU wouldnt have resorted to neanderthal football, too.

You can never doubt the Crete/Burp Birlema gameplan. It has been highly successful.

sminings

Lifetime Member
Nov 27, 2017
The only issue I had with Mullen last night was putting EJ in the third quarter. The OL stinks so the fact we moved the ball is a compliment to Trask

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
My entire point of this thread is I feel Mullen could have overcome the defense quitting last night, and he blew it. Enormous opportunity missed.
I understand your thoughts but I disagree. We would’ve had to play damn near flawlessly on offense to overcome our defensive showing. It wasn’t gonna happen because as good as Trask has been, he’s not that damn good.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I understand your thoughts but I disagree. We would’ve had to play damn near flawlessly on offense to overcome our defensive showing. It wasn’t gonna happen because as good as Trask has been, he’s not that damn good.
Just disagree. That game should have at least gone to overtime. Trask has 400+ yards easy if the game is called right.

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
Lot of smoke that Stricklin has already began the search.

If you do a public records request you will find they quietly executed a lifetime extension for DM over the summer. It’s true...he’s here for life. Explicitly states...no buyouts. It’s his job for life. Buckle up.

RocketCityGator

In All Kinds of Weather
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014

Agreed. You can't expect Trask to overcome both a crappy defense and a crappy running game.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Didn’t like the 3rd quarte EJ drive, or the swapping out at times. But as others have said, I didn’t like it because it didn’t work. I understand what Mullen is trying to do there, and if it successful, the narrative is that he called his best game ever.

But to the intense criticism, I don’t agree. Even the continued insertion of EJ makes sense from a long term standpoint. Not only is he trying to get some kind of ground game going, we’re one play away at all times from having to rely on EJ and that style for the rest of the year. So not only does he, in theory, keep the defense on its toes, he’s giving both Jones, and the O as a whole, reps that we may be running full time shortly. Ftr, I still didn’t like it. But I get what he’s trying to do.

The defense got roasted all night and there was little answer for what they were doing. Really felt good going in tied at the half, because we did have a few plays that were played correctly on defense but they just made the play(second TD pass). But after such a solid week last week, TG was not good tonight, in addition to their offense being great.

The reality is every game is won or lost in large part because of a decision or two. So the notion that this is an issue unique to Dan Mullen is not accurate. It’s why the great ones like Spurrier and Meyer take the blame after games like yesterday.

Really like what I saw from Trask for most of the night. He can build off this and become really good. Hate the loss, agree we could’ve won, but with all of what I saw yesterday, I’m moving forward with confidence.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Crete actually implying we lost because we threw too much

:lmao:
Nope....
Every game is different but how many passes did LSU throw? I think their QB was something like 22-25?
Point is I don't think anything our offense(or play calling) did cost us the game. It's on the defense and LBer's in particular by not taking away the crossing routes or tackling their RB's instead of watching them rip off 20,30 yard and longer runs. Hell if they even did one of those 2 things halfassedly we might have won.

Sec14Gator

Lifetime Member
Oct 8, 2017
. . . was awful at clock management at the end of each half. But, it didn’t matter.

Florida had the worst defensive game in at least the last 25 years. For context, in the 95 championship game, Nebraska averaged 3 yards per play less than LSU averaged last night. If you remove the two kneel downs it’s even worse and LSU averaged over 11 yards per play. That is astonishingly bad.

Yet, Mullen’s offense was the best defensive coordinator out there. He slowed them down by just giving LSU the ball less often. EJ was part of that. I didn’t love some of the calls and timing, but in an entire game, he did pretty well calling plays (until the second half redzone possessions).

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
. . . was awful at clock management at the end of each half. But, it didn’t matter.

Florida had the worst defensive game in at least the last 25 years. For context, in the 95 championship game, Nebraska averaged 3 yards per play less than LSU averaged last night. If you remove the two kneel downs it’s even worse and LSU averaged over 11 yards per play. That is astonishingly bad.

Yet, Mullen’s offense was the best defensive coordinator out there. He slowed them down by just giving LSU the ball less often. EJ was part of that. I didn’t love some of the calls and timing, but in an entire game, he did pretty well calling plays (until the second half redzone possessions).
And despite all that, UF still could have won.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
And not to get into a pissing match with you or any number of posters who like to call me out, but for weeks I been saying to run to the outside, call a few reverses, mis direction and whatnot.....IT ALL WORKED well last night, didn't it?

Jesus man get over yourself. You act like you invented running to the edges or something. My dogs could see the inside runs weren't working. When Meyer was here we used the outside a lot. I don't get why Mullen doesn't try more of it and stop running wasted up the middle downs. Most people have wondered why he calls the runs he calls.

GatorAuthor

Bringing Prestige Worldwide
Feb 24, 2016
We played like a #15-20 tonight, which is what we are.

This is dead on. We're #15-20 in the country and aren't at the same level as the top 5. We're a good way off but hopefully heading in that direction.

'Cruiting is the key now. Winning the rest of our regular season games would help with that, and we're capable of beating any of those teams, esp with Greenard and Zuniga. Could also lose to three of those teams, esp without Greenard and Zuniga. Fortunately, UGA isn't nearly the team I thought they were 6 weeks ago. Definitely beatable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator