Dan Mullen

Minister of Information

Highly Cosmopolitan
Aug 17, 2018
How often did he have to make a contested throw? Some of that was him finding the right guy but a lot of that was soft coverage that left their WRs open in easy throwing lanes.

I recall passes being defensed down the field. Bang bang plays yeah, we weren’t getting there... but you have to sell out in coverage to get there. I don’t know if we have the athletes across the middle to succeed with that strategy.

To a certain extent, talent wise, this team is smoke and mirrors. We needed LSU to make mistakes to win this game. They never did.

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
@BMF great thread title.

Out of curiosity, what was the terrible calls you remember? I’d blame Grantham before anyone else.
I thought the one give away series with Jones was weird but other than that, he did okay. On the other hand, the defense had a historically disastrous night and if someone is to blame, it would have to be Grantham.

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
Well, he hired Grantham, so there's that. Then his love affair with EJ torpedoed the O.
I don't know if I can blame Grantham. Florida just doesn't have the horses to withstand the injuries on defense. LSU averaged right at 10 yards per play. It's hard not to blame him either.

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The defense can all go to hell. It was up to the offense to bail those bastards out, and Mullen let them down.

He’s officially on the hot seat and Stricklin needs to start making calls.

Forever-Alone_o_98121.gif

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Not Mullen’s best 2nd half that’s for sure...but we just got flat beat by a better and deeper team. I said it before and I’ll say it again this is where the recruiting shows up. Our starters are good enough to beat anyone on a given day but we aren’t deep enough with talent to afford any injuries at any position (except maybe QB surprisingly). This next stretch of games is gonna be so tough without Greenard and Zuniga. Hearing they are both going to be out next week.

RocketCityGator

In All Kinds of Weather
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
The defense can all go to hell. It was up to the offense to bail those bastards out, and Mullen let them down.

I could only rate this post once so I picked drunk. But stoned would have worked, dislike would have worked, WRF would have worked.

RocketCityGator

In All Kinds of Weather
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014

Looking at the time of night that this is posted, I got to believe that Ox is lit!

Folks, please don't Drink and Post!

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Lot of smoke that Stricklin has already began the search.
For Pete sakes....you're embarrassing yourself my man.
I mean my God we found an offense and 2 of the best QB's we've seen in Gville in a decade.....The defense laid an egg which we knew was our true MO going into the season. See my shocked face.....

You and every other schleb on this board has put in writing the thought that we were nowhere near championship material going into and even up to the halfway point of the season.....guess what, it came to fruition last night against a top 5 team AT A top 5 toughest to play stadium....again look for my shocked face......

I take back everything negative I've ever said about Kyle Trask and EJ...ESPECIALLY PLAYING BEHIND 3/5th's of an offensive line. Now it's time to pick up the pieces and tell TG to fix what went wrong on the defense, not blame one stupid series and a handful of questionable offensive calls on Dan Mullen....You of all people have been begging for an offense and minus 1 or 2 more decent olinemen weve found it....

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
For Pete sakes....you're embarrassing yourself my man.
I mean my God we found an offense and 2 of the best QB's we've seen in Gville in a decade.....The defense laid an egg which we knew was our true MO going into the season. See my shocked face.....

You and every other schleb on this board has put in writing the thought that we were nowhere near championship material going into and even up to the halfway point of the season.....guess what, it came to fruition last night against a top 5 team AT A top 5 toughest to play stadium....again look for my shocked face......

I take back everything negative I've ever said about Kyle Trask and EJ...ESPECIALLY PLAYING BEHIND 3/5th's of an offensive line. Now it's time to pick up the pieces and tell TG to fix what went wrong on the defense, not blame one stupid series and a handful of questionable offensive calls on Dan Mullen....You of all people have been begging for an offense and minus 1 or 2 more decent olinemen weve found it....
What did you see that made you draw a conclusion that EJ is so awesome? I like him, but he should not have been on the field for a single play last night.

Also, how does bringing up Mullen's stupidity mean that I don't blame the defense for anything? It was obvious five minutes in that the defense had mailed it in, which is why Mullen had to step it up. He failed.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
What did you see that made you draw a conclusion that EJ is so awesome? I like him, but he should not have been on the field for a single play last night.
EJ runs. you know with him it's a simple as that

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
I retrospect I kinda agree. We don't know what Mullen was doing on the sideline though(maybe coaching Trask up for the next series if we picked up a first?) I feel about 70% better about EJ though now if something were to happen to Trask. And not to get into a pissing match with you or any number of posters who like to call me out, but for weeks I been saying to run to the outside, call a few reverses, mis direction and whatnot.....IT ALL WORKED well last night, didn't it?

If we had ANY kind of LBer play whatsoever we would have won last night....the offense and Mullen's play calling are not to blame....

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
My entire point of this thread is I feel Mullen could have overcome the defense quitting last night, and he blew it. Enormous opportunity missed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator