DC Patrick Toney & the Defense

Alumni Guy

Lifetime Member
Nov 7, 2015
Dean has been bad since I was in the 7th grade. Even his best play ever ended on a bad note. We have to move on from him at some point.
You can never trust a guy who wears the 0 jersey.

It’s hinky.

(100 Oxbucks for the 1st to name the movie reference)

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
kimber devin Moore and JM should be the ones at corner . Perkins at nickel. Travez isn’t very good but he’s better at his spot then dean and burney are at theirs . It boggles
My mind how Dean gets snaps . Burney
is simolar just not quite as a soft spot . PT was terrible tonight . He should be ashamed of himself.

gatorkev85

Nov 24, 2015
What are the chances of losing Raymond after the season because he don't want to ruin his reputation because of how pathetic our defense has played. Could Tony scheme run him off?

Lost_in_Turlington4ever

Dec 14, 2021
How did we have so many blown coverages? I don't think the Vols had one the entire game and we had like 4-5. Are we giving special Olympic athletes snaps or something?

Either the coaches suck at teaching or they suck at identifying who can be taught

Nomadigator

Veni vidi facepalmi
Lifetime Member
Aug 29, 2018
Sadly yet Shirley it is apropos Dean wears non-number 0, just a placeholder for null/nada/void/zilch.

Morer apropos his natural number is 12 since he is every opponent's 12th man.

Spurdog98

Preston Brooks
Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2018
I hope big Dez can get his weight down another 40 lbs or so. He's one of the few people on D I think care and give their best effort.
Did you see him get in Sapp's ass for the offside penalty late in the game? Love that

Last edited:

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
How did we have so many blown coverages? I don't think the Vols had one the entire game and we had like 4-5. Are we giving special Olympic athletes snaps or something?

Either the coaches suck at teaching or they suck at identifying who can be taught
Because we play good for nothing Trey Dean. It’s inexcusable what we saw on defense yesterday.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I am not very impressed with PT and his scheme so far but it’s hard for me to blame him too much when one player is responsible for several of the biggest plays in the game.
Take away the blatant mistakes Dean made and UF wins the game.

The real test will be what happens from here. I just can’t buy into the “Dean is the best we have right now” mantra. How much worse could a freshman play than giving up several touchdowns each game?

If the defensive staff doesn’t sit him down moving forward, then I will blame them.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
But watching the USF game after the fact on TV, and today, you can see a massive difference between a guy like Marshall or James and much of the other players. Even Cox is really just not very good despite his ranking.
Looking Down Over It GIF by Bernardson

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Sometimes I feel as though I'm posting to Stevie Wonder when I come on here....

Listen here how it works. In CFB when your defense has true talent you will feel a sense of control in 80% of the games you play. Sure there will be busted plays and broken coverages every now and then and maybe you lose a game or 2 here and there because the offense stalled out and couldn't manage 17-20 points against an inferior team.

When at ANY point in the last 2.5 years and especially since the Okie bowl game have you felt that? Be honest.....It isn't ALWAYS the coach's fault when your guys aren't fast enough to run with a receiver or chase down a back before he turns a 3-4 yard gain into 15-20 gain, it isn't the coach's fault when the same 3 LB's can't cover a TE or step into a gap and lay the wood at the los, get to the QB fast enough on a blitz or trip up a RB before he turns the corner and rips off 25 yards on a simple sweep play.............It's not always the coach's fault when a 5 star stud DE can't win a single GDed speed rush against a 300# plus fat ass 2 or 3 star offensive tackle on the opposing team

Do I need to go on? Hell why not. You guys have been bitching about the mainly the same group of defensive players for 3 years and they're still on the field...
Ray Charles Laugh GIF

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator