Deep takes from LSU game

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
So do I. It’s not like we’re stopping anyone anyway, so if you get burned deep what did it really cost you?
With literally giving up a TD on every possession, you have absolutely nothing to lose by trying anything.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Yep, Crete hits it. No rush on the QB mean pressure on the DBs to perform a task they are not up to.

Also, hard to point a finger at the Offense when they're putting up the points. 35 is enough to win at home and certainly 33 is also on the road. Look at prior, Defense.

The recruiting on D has been turrble. A rebuild is an understatement. Napier is going to more likely Bulldoze the entire foundation and Start completely over.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
It would cost us having to accept that crete is right about something
For all the BS I throw against the wall at least I'm not trying to convince you that most of our redshirt freshmen who haven't played a down will be drafted in the first 2 rounds like Itraz....:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
Honestly at the percentage were giving up 3rd and long I'd consider rushing 6 or 7. If nothing else at least the QB will have a harder time seeing downfield and would have to make a much quicker read and throw....if it doesn't work it's the same result were getting now anyway. It's almost like the opposing QB's are just playing darts on every 3rd down we force now.
So go back to the crazy Grantham blitzes? Well, it would be an improvement.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Kinda hard to throw into a zone when you can't see it. The reason rushing 3 doesn't work(unless you have 3 badass talented mofo's) is because there are so many open passing lanes to look through. Watch the splits next game....I'll bet UGA picks up 4 or 5 1st downs throwing 5-10 yard slants into them. We don't have the talent to get to the QB with less than 6 guys rushing and we don't have the talent to cover with 7 or 8 guys on the back end is the biggest problem.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
If the opposing offense scores quickly, our Defense can get off the field quicker....... :bananadance2:

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
No....not what I said at all...put 4 guys down and rush 2 LBer's since they can't cover anyway...

I really don’t understand why we don’t go more aggressive. Yes, there’s a chance they burn us for a score. But they were going to score anyway, so we’re just speeding it up and maybe we can catch their defense tired. Two passes of 40 yards is no different than 8 passes of 10. Don’t even play a safety back there. Let’s get nuts and go “empty net”.

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
I really don’t understand why we don’t go more aggressive. Yes, there’s a chance they burn us for a score. But they were going to score anyway, so we’re just speeding it up and maybe we can catch their defense tired. Two passes of 40 yards is no different than 8 passes of 10. Don’t even play a safety back there. Let’s get nuts and go “empty net”.
Couldn't agree more. Especially the empty net, Kamikaze Defense. Might come in handy against UGAy's monster TE group.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
It would cost us having to accept that crete is right about something
shocked the princess bride GIF

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.