Del Rio rips Gator fans on Twitter

OllieGator

Founding Member
Member....huh, huh, huh
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
He's getting trashed in the responses. Overall theme is "you're calling out the fans for being 'fair weather', Mr. transfer every time I get beat out of starting job." Ton of loyalty there.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Worst thing you can do when you're pissed is to communicate spontaneously, as in right away. The worst.
I'm a little disappointed in you. You promised me the game would be close.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I'm a little disappointed in you. You promised me the game would be close.

I wasn't too far off for the first half. We competed and kept it close, even closer if it had been without the bonehead mistakes. They didn't dominate with their depth until the second half, which is in line with what I said would happen.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I wasn't too far off for the first half. We competed and kept it close, even closer if it had been without the bonehead mistakes. They didn't dominate with their depth until the second half, which is in line with what I said would happen.
:lol: :crazy:

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
He's getting trashed in the responses. Overall theme is "you're calling out the fans for being 'fair weather', Mr. transfer every time I get beat out of starting job." Ton of loyalty there.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member

I wouldn't call 33-16 at the half completely out of it. They had the pick and the punt block that helped them in the first half. The point being, there wasn't the kind of domination early on that many had expected. Yes, we got dominated over the course of four quarters, but our guys came out inspired and played their hearts out. We competed in the first half.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I wouldn't call 33-16 at the half completely out of it. They had the pick and the punt block that helped them in the first half. The point being, there wasn't the kind of domination early on that many had expected. Yes, we got dominated over the course of four quarters, but our guys came out inspired and played their hearts out. We competed in the first half.
I never thought I would read a paragraph like this about our beloved Gators. You talk like we're a Sun Belt team or something. Our guys "played their hearts out" and "competed in the first half". Ouch.

Nothing against you 78, it's just a sad state of affairs right now.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I never thought I would read a paragraph like this about our beloved Gators. You talk like we're a Sun Belt team or something. Our guys "played their hearts out"? They "competed in the first half"? Ouch.

Like I ever said it was going to be anything other than that? I didn't. I knew we were in over our heads. I also know how emotions run on a football field. Our guys came out completely outmanned numberswise and played their asses off. Why? BECAUSE NO ONE GAVE THEM A CHANCE. What's not worth noting about that? You, a Republican of all people, ought to appreciate it. My take on the situation wasn't about the macro state of affairs as much as it was how a team might react to a certain situation. I think they did.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
It was the second worst blowout in SECCG history, 78. It wasn't close at all.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I never thought I would read a paragraph like this about our beloved Gators. You talk like we're a Sun Belt team or something. Our guys "played their hearts out" and "competed in the first half". Ouch.

I hate Fooley for doing this to us.

He got what he wanted.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I cant believe the coaching staff hasnt had him delete his account yet. Unbelievable he is acting like a fan himself. :lol:

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Like I ever said it was going to be anything other than that? I didn't. I knew we were in over our heads. I also know how emotions run on a football field. Our guys came out completely outmanned numberswise and played their asses off. Why? BECAUSE NO ONE GAVE THEM A CHANCE. What's not worth noting about that? You, a Republican of all people, ought to appreciate it. My take on the situation wasn't about the macro state of affairs as much as it was how a team might react to a certain situation. I think they did.
A bit touchy, aren't you? I wasn't slamming the players. NO ONE GAVE THEM A CHANCE because they didn't have one, and were down double digits for 3/4ths of the game.

The coaches have completely let the players down. An awful QB like AA should never be setting foot on the field for a team like Florida. No depth is all on the coaches. Injuries are all on the coaches, since we have the worst S&C coach in the nation. Garbage play calling is all on the coaches. Apathy and empty stadiums is all on the coaches. The fact that my favorite poster had to type "they competed in the first half" is all on the coaches.

I love you, man.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Law, you're a miserable phuck. I highly
A bit touchy, aren't you? I wasn't slamming the players. NO ONE GAVE THEM A CHANCE because they didn't have one, and were down double digits for 3/4ths of the game.

The coaches have completely let the players down. An awful QB like AA should never be setting foot on the field for a team like Florida. No depth is all on the coaches. Injuries are all on the coaches, since we have the worst S&D coach in the nation. Garbage play calling is all on the coaches. Apathy and empty stadiums is all on the coaches. The fact that my favorite poster actually typed "they competed in the first half" is all on the coaches.

I love you, man.

You love everyone who'll suck your dick. I tried to make the point this wasn't a macro view. Overall, I'm unhappy with the trajectory of the program. I don't like a lot of things with the program right now. This had only to do with one person's view (and hope) for one game. I certainly wasn't alone in how I interpreted how the first half went. Most everyone was impressed with how well Florida competed and, like everyone else, expected the floodgates to eventually open. They did. This was nothing more than a feel thing going in. I felt like we were going to live up better than the pre-game hype. I think we did until midway through the third. The rest of it is moot.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
You love everyone who'll suck your dick. I tried to make the point this wasn't a macro view. Overall, I'm unhappy with the trajectory of the program. I don't like a lot of things with the program right now. This had only to do with one person's view (and hope) for one game. I certainly wasn't alone in how I interpreted how the first half went. Most everyone was impressed with how well Florida competed and, like everyone else, expected the floodgates to eventually open. They did. This was nothing more than a feel thing going in. I felt like we were going to live up better than the pre-game hype. I think we did until midway through the third. The rest of it is moot.
You seem to be taking this far more seriously than I intended. I apologize if I offended you somehow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator