Diabate Tweets on S&C Program

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I like Diabate too, hope he puts on weight this off-season....but is this why he missed all those tackles? :)
Poorly coached, likely just guessing because of it, and often hits the wrong gap.

When one dude does it, fire the player.

When they all do it, fire the coach.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Poorly coached, likely just guessing because of it, and often hits the wrong gap.

When one dude does it, fire the player.

When they all do it, fire the coach.

I was being sarcastic, but I agree. I think the scheme was so bad that it caused our entire D to be out of position half the time. However, there were a ton of missed tackles the last couple of seasons that can only be attributed to poor effort, which falls on poor coaching. I'm just glad this sh*tty coaching staff is gone, especially Fat Todd, Mullen, and Grantham.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
Feed these men, dammit!! Shut down the field hockey team if you have to, but feed these men!

bayou gator

Lord I was born a shamblin' man...
Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
I like Diabate too, hope he puts on weight this off-season....but is this why he missed all those tackles? :)

That definitely doesn’t help him! But I’m gonna attribute most of his mistakes on the field to nonexistent coaching and a sh!t scheme. The kid runs all over the damn place because he has no clue of what he’s doing half the time. I have always believed he’s athletic and has a lot of potential, and have wondered how good he could be with a real coach. Hopefully we see that this year.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
What in the **** honestly...

Players still say it isn't Savage's fault...the hell it is...i dont care if he isnt the nutrition guy, if he sees this **** and lets it happen hes just as much at fault

There’s always a chance Savage was screaming to get this fixed and was told from the higher ups to make do with what he’s given. That was my life in the CG for 29 years.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
If that's true good for Savage. He was at least fighting for the right thing to happen. But as head of S&C how does he not have the power to make the changes? Who in that program was telling him no? And if they aren't gone they better be. Name and shame, Diabate.

Bullcrap. He could have gotten it changed with enough effort. And they like Savage too much for a guy who is supposed to be in charge of busting their asses and beefing them up, not being their buddy. He gone.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Feed them some In And Out Burgers....

407full-abigail-ratchford.jpg

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
UF, like all major universities, employs nutritionists who are "certified". They pursue their careers by completing seminars that are prescribed to keep their credentials job-worthy. Those nutritionists are not left to aimlessly drift in the fulfillment of their personal vocations and obligations to the University of Florida. Okay, with individual Gators some lapses may have occurred but I doubt nutritionists were throwing their careers out the window ... for what?

Sure, get to the bottom of these minor gripes that even the complainers are not pressing any formal cases. If there were wholesale negligence by the UF nutrition department, heads would roll by job firings. That would involve lawsuits, legal liabilities. That would draw out the full truth. I am sure Diabate was not leaning in that serious direction. Before condemning licensed nutritionists & our entire UF dept, put Diabate under legal oath. Then, I bet with his understanding the seriousness of his apparent finger-pointing, then a more innocuous story he will reveal. Carried to the extreme (and extreme accusations are emanating out of this.) bring a 'harmed" nutritionist to testify and all this will go up like a puff of smoke? Sports pundits' careers will not be jeopardized by this overblown scandal ... but university officials can have their careers damaged, their resumes trashed.

Most likely, Diabate was legitimately irritated by the Mullen administration's overwhelming sloppiness and it festered into a gripe that a few rogue sports media types blew up towards a scandal.? Has anyone asked Diabate to elaborate.? What is irking me is that my University's basic "honor" structure is being exaggeratedly trashed. (Sure, damnation to Mullen's honor, but do not damn the honor standards of UF's basic SOPs.)

Further, as this besmirches the whole University's nutrition science program, then that should cause recruits to definitely go elsewhere - any & all athletes in any & all sports. At these times, UF needs positivity in all publicity. Even "rumors" trashing Mullen can backfire to diminish UF's future success.

Last edited:

heavychevy

water bottle holder
Sep 8, 2014
i go to the mill bakery pretty often for breakfast and have heard the owner talk about the "order for the football team" fairly often. mostly eggs, breakfast meat and a bread.

8802Gator

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
UF, like all major universities, employs nutritionists who are "certified". They pursue their careers by completing seminars that are prescribed to keep their credentials job-worthy. Those nutritionists are not left to aimlessly drift in the fulfillment of their personal vocations and obligations to the University of Florida. Okay, with individual Gators some lapses may have occurred but I doubt nutritionists were throwing their careers out the window ... for what?

Sure, get to the bottom of these minor gripes that even the complainers are not pressing any formal cases. If there were wholesale negligence by the UF nutrition department, heads would roll by job firings. That would involve lawsuits, legal liabilities. That would draw out the full truth. I am sure Diabate was not leaning in that serious direction. Before condemning licensed nutritionists & our entire UF dept, put Diabate under legal oath. Then, I bet with his understanding the seriousness of his apparent finger-pointing, then a more innocuous story he will reveal. Carried to the extreme (and extreme accusations are emanating out of this.) bring a 'harmed" nutritionist to testify and all this will go up like a puff of smoke? Sports pundits' careers will not be jeopardized by this overblown scandal ... but university officials can have their careers damaged, their resumes trashed.

Most likely, Diabate was legitimately irritated by the Mullen administration's overwhelming sloppiness and it festered into a gripe that a few rogue sports media types blew up towards a scandal.? Has anyone asked Diabate to elaborate.? What is irking me is that my University's basic "honor" structure is being exaggeratedly trashed. (Sure, damnation to Mullen's honor, but do not damn the honor standards of UF's basic SOPs.)

Further, as this besmirches the whole University's nutrition science program, then that should cause recruits to definitely go elsewhere - any & all athletes in any & all sports. At these times, UF needs positivity in all publicity. Even "rumors" trashing Mullen can backfire to diminish UF's future success.
Well this has been happening for years and no on has fixed it. At a certain point pretending everything is fine is a detriment to the university we all love. This athletic program needs a rebuild from the ground up, and if it takes a little bit of bad publicity to get the bean counters to loosen the purse strings a bit then thats what it takes.

8802Gator

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Bullcrap. He could have gotten it changed with enough effort. And they like Savage too much for a guy who is supposed to be in charge of busting their asses and beefing them up, not being their buddy. He gone.
Anonymous coach interviews all referred to Florida as a weak team. Mentally and physically. So you won't hear a word in protest from me if they boot his ass.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
i go to the mill bakery pretty often for breakfast and have heard the owner talk about the "order for the football team" fairly often. mostly eggs, breakfast meat and a bread.
This is the problem. Ordering out and running out. They need an onsite program where we make whatever they need whenever they need it.

Not boxes of cold stuff.

The Mcdonalds bags have been well documented.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Well this has been happening for years and no on has fixed it. At a certain point pretending everything is fine is a detriment to the university we all love. This athletic program needs a rebuild from the ground up, and if it takes a little bit of bad publicity to get the bean counters to loosen the purse strings a bit then thats what it takes.
This.

Either disbelief or outright sweeping this BS under the rug is how we got here.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Still, Diabate's simple finger poke has morphed into the equivalent of accusing UF licensed dieticians of violating "their" Hippocratic oath.??
I am sure there are job security & legal consequences for any ongoing undernourishing of student-athletes. That means there are accepted prescriptions that must be fulfilled. And they are set down in writing so that this huge health-related organization is not in violation, and doesn't fall into chaos.

Is it true that Mullen pressed physical therapists to violate their Sports Medicine careers to retard AR's hamstring from healing.? Inquiring minds want to know. :D

8802Gator

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Sounds very likely that Napier will bring Mark Hocke with him from ULL. So the is this Savage's fault situation is gonna solve itself

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.