Did Grier do enough to claim the job?

ChattanooGATOR

Swollen Member
Aug 30, 2014
The kid has some guts. Made some mistakes on the road, didn't implode, and we survived. But like everyone else mentioned, 1/8 SEC games down and his ribs probably look like hamburger. We'll need Treon before it's over.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJ;n281816 said:
Don't know how I missed that. I didn't see Scarlett play. Did he?

He didn't have any carries. I'm not sure if they mentioned Cronkrite's injury on TV, we heard it on the radio during the 3rd quarter.

TheBigClaw

Founding Member
Proud to be a Gator
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I thought the O line did well. They blitzed a ton and gave Grier 3 secs to throw most times

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
He probably took off too early too many times tonight but that's nothing we wouldn't see from Harris. I think you still gotta stick with him.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
TheBigClaw;n281823 said:
I thought the O line did well. They blitzed a ton and gave Grier 3 secs to throw most times

You can't be serious...can you?

The oline was atrocious in both run and pass blocking.

Cmon man!

ockgator

Sep 17, 2014
We may not be able to hang with Ole Pee even if we had Tom Brady at QB... They're fairly well putting it to Bama right now. If we can get an average offense and some decent special teams play the season may just turn out OK... Not BCS champ OK but "There's a light at the end of the tunnel" OK

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
TheBigClaw;n281823 said:

If you call rushing the four down linemen, then yeah...they blitzed all night. Our OL was the only reason this was close. Couldn't open holes and couldn't pass block. Made Grier tuck and run most of the night due to the pressure WITHOUT blitzing. What game were you watching? :lol:

TheBigClaw

Founding Member
Proud to be a Gator
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
MJMGator;n281832 said:
If you call rushing the four down linemen, then yeah...they blitzed all night. Our OL was the only reason this was close. Couldn't open holes and couldn't pass block. Made Grier tuck and run most of the night due to the pressure WITHOUT blitzing. What game were you watching? :lol:

Well they seemed to play well to me. If Grier hadn't forced that pass we probably win by at least 10-14. He's young though

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
TheBigClaw;n281834 said:
Well they seemed to play well to me. If Grier hadn't forced that pass we probably win by at least 10-14. He's young though

Me thinks you're just in love with Treon.

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
He did enough, and he'll start next week if he isn't hurt. Now I do believe had we not had the lead we would of seen Treon. That will be answered next week against TN, I think we beat them in the Swamp, but they are a better team than KY .

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
We'll be lucky if he makes it through 3 games at this rate. Heck, Treon might be in a cast next to him while Grady's finishing the season...

Floridagator

Founding Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
I only saw one person here mention, Grier is starting for the first time, ON THE ROAD in the SEC against a team that feels they were screwed, has talent, and had this game circled all off season. We took their best shot at their packed house and walked away with a W.

A great night to be a Gator in this new Mac age. Lick our wounds and get ready for toothless

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Does anyone find it odd that he keeps throwing the ball into the dirt? I mean, WTF. :lol:

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
MJMGator;n281832 said:

A good number of his tuck and runs were him getting happy feet. Mac even said that he was running when guys were open. That is him being a freshman.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
maheo30;n281850 said:
A good number of his tuck and runs were him getting happy feet. Mac even said that he was running when guys were open. That is him being a freshman.

Appeared a bit gunshy at times, but the pressure was real most of the night.

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
The O-Line is getting better, slightly, in the passing game, but the run blocking is horrible. We are better off running WR screens at times and hoping for the best. I think he will be fine if he can find any type of rhythm and the O-Line can gel a little. LSU will not be pretty if the run D is left on the field all night like tonight and it looks like all that cash that has been thrown around Ole Miss the last 5 years is starting to pay off, as usual when they are on our schedule. Always seems like we draw LSU and the next best west team.

SavannahGator

Founding Member
Behind Enemy Lines
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Would Treon had run even when guys were open? I think so.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

TheBigClaw

Founding Member
Proud to be a Gator
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
[QUOTE='78;n281848]Does anyone find it odd that he keeps throwing the ball into the dirt? I mean, WTF. :lol: [/QUOTE]
[QUOTE='78;n281848]Does anyone find it odd that he keeps throwing the ball into the dirt? I mean, WTF. :lol: [/QUOTE]

He missed some open men but he hit some nice throws too. That one to Callaway was beautiful. We got the W, gotta improve for the Volunteers who want blood.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.