Dinner time

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Wife gone for the day, just me and the dogs. I have been running the weight room for the past two weeks in the morning and today I decided to go by the produce place and picked up some fresh corn, tomatoes, and cucumbers. Fixed an all-vegetable lunch. Added some peas from last evening (put up last summer)…

View attachment 58575

Not the best photography, but the fresh vegetables hit the spot. Every meal during the summer when I was growing up had tomatoes and cucumbers. The cukes were sliced, salted and peppered, and soaked about 15 minutes in white vinegar. Modern folks might call it a ‘quick pickle.’ The vinegar has always been a good palate cleanser for me and seems to help make everything taste better.
In Dothan we called those “White Acre Pea is an heirloom field pea that is considered a southern delicacy. Compact plants produce small, pale green peas with a creamy texture and nutty flavor. Vigna unguiculata.”

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
In Dothan we called those “White Acre Pea is an heirloom field pea that is considered a southern delicacy. Compact plants produce small, pale green peas with a creamy texture and nutty flavor. Vigna unguiculata.”
Thanks Goon. We put up a couple of Hampers of Cream 40’s last year. Probably do the same this year. The Creams seem to be making a comeback. For the last few years, Sedandy’s and Top Picks were plentiful.

And might I add, you’ve always struck me as a guy who knows his Vigna’s! :lol:

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
That is what I wanted to plant. Couldn’t find the seeds in our area so I ordered them online from Texas. Our soil might be too rich for them as they might want more sandy soil.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Thanks Goon. We put up a couple of Hampers of Cream 40’s last year. Probably do the same this year. The Creams seem to be making a comeback. For the last few years, Sedandy’s and Top Picks were plentiful.

And might I add, you’ve always struck me as a guy who knows his Vigna’s! :lol:
That is what I wanted to plant. Couldn’t find the seeds in our area so I ordered them online from Texas. Our soil might be too rich for them as they might want more sandy soil.
White acre peas or Baby Butterbeans cooked with a strip or 2 of bacon were my absolutely favorite vegetable. I would rather have them to this day than any dessert made and momma could make some pies and cobblers that were out of this world good.

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
Come On Biden GIF by GIPHY News

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Ohhhh, that explains so much!

Yeah it’s the sauce and scallops I made. Extended family lost a mom and I’d placed them in there to transport to them because they weren’t up for coming over. Never realized it appeared that way until you mentioned it.

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
Yeah it’s the sauce and scallops I made. Extended family lost a mom and I’d placed them in there to transport to them because they weren’t up for coming over. Never realized it appeared that way until you mentioned it.
Yes, it looked like congealed scallops.

I’m sorry for the loss.
Any chance they will find her soon?

G8trwood

Lifetime Member
Nov 29, 2015
Fishing trip with some old fuchers. We forgot veggies but had steak and a lot of bourbon. Fuchs Utah was cold and rainy.

IMG_3625.jpeg 70848160163__E72A4A9D-3B96-4040-9DBD-39A315CCB9CC.fullsizerender.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.