Dinner time

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
You must be on a diet there Coach. You only got 3 waffle fries and a 28 ounce steak.
Well, it is bathing suit season. I decided against carb loading tonight. I’ll need the protein balanced with the tomatoes and greens to fortify me for the back to school planning meeting tomorrow (the tomatoes and greens will help keep the bull shti from accumulating).
@cover2 when are you inviting all of us over for dinner?
Man, if we could ever get the logistics worked out, that’d be something wouldn’t it? I’d like to think we could try and have a tailgate, but it’d probably have to be at a soccer game seeing how the south paws are trying their best to do away with football. If we ever do play again and can have one, I’ll cook something good. But soccer tailgating is a no go. Even sounds kinda homer doesn’t it?

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
Well, it is bathing suit season. I decided against carb loading tonight. I’ll need the protein balanced with the tomatoes and greens to fortify me for the back to school planning meeting tomorrow (the tomatoes and greens will help keep the bull shti from accumulating).

Man, if we could ever get the logistics worked out, that’d be something wouldn’t it? I’d like to think we could try and have a tailgate, but it’d probably have to be at a soccer game seeing how the south paws are trying their best to do away with football. If we ever do play again and can have one, I’ll cook something good. But soccer tailgating is a no go. Even sounds kinda homer doesn’t it?
I doubt a large gathering is within the realm of possibility but on a smaller scale - who knows? I have a few members on this site that my travels intersect. Never know - I may get stationed in Pensacola one day. I would be down to organize that meet up with a few folks from here!

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Wife switched it up for me a bit. Red curry mahi, of course coupled with the first of two romaine/kale/broccoli salads.

Doesn’t look that great in the pic, but it was good.

upload_2020-7-15_21-12-54.jpeg

Attachments

• upload_2020-7-15_21-12-25.jpeg
    upload_2020-7-15_21-12-25.jpeg
    267.8 KB · Views: 39

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Nicely done gentlemen. That pork looks great HC. Look at our man Sofla coming through with the fancy water.
Maybe next time pour over ice in a Gator tumbler like C2. Though I use mine strictly for beer.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Nicely done gentlemen. That pork looks great HC. Look at our man Sofla coming through with the fancy water.
Maybe next time pour over ice in a Gator tumbler like C2. Though I use mine strictly for beer.

On a related note, sadly I have to report that my Breckenridge Brewery pint glass(seen in several pics), which I've had since 1998, was broken over the weekend. This thing had made it through school, a dozen moves, and countless heavy uses spanning a portion of four decades, but couldn't withstand two weeks of in-laws being in town. Tough walk to the recycling bin.:(

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
On a related note, sadly I have to report that my Breckenridge Brewery pint glass(seen in several pics), which I've had since 1998, was broken over the weekend. This thing had made it through school, a dozen moves, and countless heavy uses spanning a portion of four decades, but couldn't withstand two weeks of in-laws being in town. Tough walk to the recycling bin.:(
Fret not, got you a new one ordered...

E03D4A3B-2AB0-40F2-A0FC-07AEFA2D8F1E.jpeg

It’s a little more manly than what you may be accustomed to, but with a little practice you’ll be swillin’ PBR with your Bottarga and Ossobuco alla Milanese like you’d been doing it all your life.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Ribeye medium, sweet potato waffles, salad with huskys and pear tomatoes from the garden. Typical mid-week supper at the c2 house (I wish). Something tells me mama’s got something “we” need to buy!

Glad to see you rid yourself and the family of that racist Dixie Oriental Ware.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Now you wait here a cotton pickin' minute. You telling me you've never heard of Famous Dave's BBQ joint?

Famous Dave's BBQ | Famous Dave's

large_8509156f-2c33-4371-9653-9381f7b311d3.jpeg

I have not. Send me some, in fact send me a jar of each. They look like they might be pretty good.

OK, looking at your link, seems the closest Famous Daves is in Fort Myers, 261 miles from Jax. If I ever find myself in FortMyers I'll be sure to check it out. There's one in Ft Mill SC. My brother lives there, he may be visiting later this summer, I'll have him bring me a jar.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator