Grilled Salmon and spinach.

Good spot. Well done.

Gulfstream

Founding Member
Mr. Breeze
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
Looks great. And another Old Fashioned with dinner, I see. That’s a solid Wednesday night.

Those might have been the two best OF's I've ever had, seriously. The head bartenders specialty.

Gulfstream

Founding Member
Mr. Breeze
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
Nice. Any idea the bourbon he used, or was it just his way of making it?

Not sure of the bourbon, he was wearing a mask and I could barley understand what he was saying half of the time. I just went with his recommendation.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Country get-together in Wakulla County. Fresh shrimp, crab claws and mullet (smoked) plus the trimmings...

565CA091-7AC0-4C6F-91C6-B4BDCFE95CCE.jpeg

Daughter made a cold oven pound cake with a caramel glaze for dessert...

D7466A40-B53E-41AA-A05E-260E64674577.jpeg

For this afternoon at least all the bad stuff going on could kiss it where the round meets the brown. We had a great time.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
Country get-together in Wakulla County. Fresh shrimp, crab claws and mullet (smoked) plus the trimmings...

Daughter made a cold oven pound cake with a caramel glaze for dessert...

For this afternoon at least all the bad stuff going on could kiss it where the round meets the brown. We had a great time.
I love fried crab claws but have no idea how to prep them. How do y'all do it?

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Just shook ‘em up in the Zatarains Fish Fri and fried them long enough to just get brown. Same thing with the shrimp. You can jazz it up some I’m sure, but we had a good bit to cook so this helped with the prep. No complaints! In fact I’m still hurting some as I post this!

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
Just shook ‘em up in the Zatarains Fish Fri and fried them long enough to just get brown. Same thing with the shrimp. You can jazz it up some I’m sure, but we had a good bit to cook so this helped with the prep. No complaints! In fact I’m still hurting some as I post this!
Sounds really good. but how do you strip off the shell from the claw prior to prep?

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Sounds really good. but how do you strip off the shell from the claw prior to prep?
Cousin’s wife has a seafood supply connection in Panacea and they came cleaned. Same outfit that supplies a couple of the restaurants down that way. I’ve never cleaned just the claws, but when picking the blue crabs you could always keep them intact by just cracking that joint. They can be a little pricey I guess. It was a treat when we heard what was on the menu.

Last edited:

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
Cousin’s wife has a seafood supply connection in Panacea and they came cleaned. Same outfit that supplies a couple of the restaurants down that way. I’ve never cleaned just the claws, but when picking the blue crabs you could always keep them intact by just cracking that joint. They can be a little pricey I guess. It was a treat when we heard what was on the menu.
Man... I am over here salivating. One of my favorite Gulf Coast appetizers.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I really miss southern food sometimes. Not all the time cause it’s not the best for you, but I do miss having the opportunity to have it.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Garlic shrimp on creamy corn. A great recipe but the corn and tomatoes have to be fresh, and the tomatoes preferably home grown.
View attachment 23815
One of my favorite things is to put cream corn over sliced tomatoes. Been doing that for years. Never thought to try it with shrimp, but I can just imagine how good it would be. That is a fine looking plate!

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
One of my favorite things is to put cream corn over sliced tomatoes. Been doing that for years. Never thought to try it with shrimp, but I can just imagine how good it would be. That is a fine looking plate!

Shee-it. You guys are killin me.
iu

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
Sautéed corn and onions mixed in the food processor with some sour cream and queso fresco. Yum.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.