Dinner time

flg8rfan

Nov 28, 2018
Love this thread for motivation.
Anyone have a Blackstone grill they cook on? Always looking for new food to cook on ours.

Wildcaught salmon with cilantro, garlic, paprika, lime and Tupelo honey marinade. Cooked it on a cedar plank for added flavor. (Picked up the honey last week on the way to the beach in Medart, just outside of Wakulla.)

View attachment 23920

I recently replaced my 36” with the pro series model. I’ve been using a blackstone for years and can’t imagine not having one.

Both of my neighbors and a few friends bought one after seeing mine in action, truly a game changer for outdoor cooking.

Burgers, steaks, stir fry, fajitas, and breakfast are so easy to cook and it’s super easy to clean.

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Busy today getting the outside tied down for Isaias so I decided to prepare something that could simmer without a lot of attention. Great northern beans with smoked neckbones. I diced up a small pork roast and browned it in bacon fat before adding it to the beans and neckbone. Steamed white rice, diced onion and datil to top with cheesey cornbread and iced tea. Sorry but no room in the pot for kale.
great northern 1.jpg gret northern 2.jpg

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Two NY strips, lightly sautéed Brussels sprouts and broccoli with garlic. All me, ftr.

Wait, you ate all that?

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Busy today getting the outside tied down for Isaias so I decided to prepare something that could simmer without a lot of attention. Great northern beans with smoked neckbones. I diced up a small pork roast and browned it in bacon fat before adding it to the beans and neckbone. Steamed white rice, diced onion and datil to top with cheesey cornbread and iced tea. Sorry but no room in the pot for kale.
Good stuff Bud. The wifey loves her some Ham Hocks & Beans. Just mentioned to her we have some in the freezer but it’s too damn hot.

G8trwood

Lifetime Member
Nov 29, 2015
Damn thought you had limas for a minute. Can’t be having any northern beans round here !
Well done

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
This year I planted black beans. Maybe the name has changed now so please let me know what I should call them. Wouldn’t want @BNA to ban me over BLM. (Bean Lives Matter)

I had no idea that they dried on the bush so probably picked the first round too early. Still learning! We usually just do green beans and then can them.

36D20778-6EB7-4041-A201-1949C0833810.jpeg

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
This year I planted black beans. Maybe the name has changed now so please let me know what I should call them. Wouldn’t want @BNA to ban me over BLM. (Bean Lives Matter)

I had no idea that they dried on the bush so probably picked the first round too early. Still learning! We usually just do green beans and then can them.

Beans of color, you bigot.

Also, that looks great.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Wait, you ate all that?

Yes. I try to eat clean, but still eat a lot. My mother was a first generation immigrant who never let food got to waste. When I was young, whatever my sister couldn’t eat, I had to. So I think my stomach just got used to it.

G8trwood

Lifetime Member
Nov 29, 2015
I recently replaced my 36” with the pro series model. I’ve been using a blackstone for years and can’t imagine not having one.

Both of my neighbors and a few friends bought one after seeing mine in action, truly a game changer for outdoor cooking.

Burgers, steaks, stir fry, fajitas, and breakfast are so easy to cook and it’s super easy to clean.

Just looked at the Blackstone pro, damn you.... wonder if the wife would notice it... I was looking at buying just a large griddle top, but they are all over 100 bucks.

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
Just looked at the Blackstone pro, damn you.... wonder if the wife would notice it... I was looking at buying just a large griddle top, but they are all over 100 bucks.

check out your local Walmart. They have many on clearance this time of the year. Some Sam’s have the Blackstone as well. I’ve heard good things about the Blue Rhino as well.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
check out your local Walmart. They have many on clearance this time of the year. Some Sam’s have the Blackstone as well. I’ve heard good things about the Blue Rhino as well.
How much should I pay for a 36"? I see my local walmart has 1 left for $297.

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
How much should I pay for a 36"? I see my local walmart has 1 left for $297.

I’m not sure on pricing for the larger models. Some are hard to find and it’s gaining cult like status so they can be hard to find.

Do you cook with cast iron skillets? It’s similar. Treat it like you would a skillet, no soap. Season it properly and they are fantastic!

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I’m not sure on pricing for the larger models. Some are hard to find and it’s gaining cult like status so they can be hard to find.

Do you cook with cast iron skillets? It’s similar. Treat it like you would a skillet, no soap. Season it properly and they are fantastic!
I cook on my Weber gas grill and my Traeger. I was a line cook for many a different restaurants back in Florida so I'm very familiar with a flat top griddle. Actually surprised I've never thought of one earlier till seeing all of @heavychevy and @cover2 with their griddles.

heavychevy

water bottle holder
Sep 8, 2014
If you can hold off till thanksgiving they’ll knock 75 to 100 off. I had to work black Friday and couldn’t get one last year. My wife found one in dunnelon at tractor supply and pulled a Karen on them saying she called yesterday and the manager who she forgot the name of said they’d give her the Black Friday deal. Might find some on fb marketplace, be ware of older models that have two round burners if you’re going for a 22” or whatever size it is. they burned hot and not evenly and basically make two little bowls in the cooking surface.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
SoFla with his John Candy from the great outdoors impression . Who played Dan Aykroyd offering words of encouragement ?

:lol:

Back in 2005, I had a 16oz filet at the Palm in Boston. If you finished it, you got your name written on their chalkboard, and a little piece of paper that said you owed them $65.

Gulfstream

Founding Member
Mr. Breeze
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member

That's some damn fine eats there Coot!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.