Dinner time

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Mrs G hit a home run tonight with boneless chick thighs with plums in a curry and crystallized ginger sauce accompanied by saffron rice with spinach. She is by far her harshest critic and even she had to admit it was really good.
Magnificent. Vino?

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020

Nice!

We found out the hard way that it's best if you turn the propane on slowly. Works best if we spend 30 seconds turning it on instead of as quickly as possible or else the flame doesn't burn very hot. New tanks have a leak sensor that messes with it.

heavychevy

water bottle holder
Sep 8, 2014
Nice!

We found out the hard way that it's best if you turn the propane on slowly. Works best if we spend 30 seconds turning it on instead of as quickly as possible or else the flame doesn't burn very hot. New tanks have a leak sensor that messes with it.
he’s right. it doesn’t usually happen till you have company over and plan on cooking on it.

I haven’t had problems with the 36, but the 22 did it to me all the time

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Looks great! Never had the sea bass but always been interested when I see it on a menu (not at Cracker Barrel however). How do you prep and is it comparable to any of our native species?
It’s a white flaky fish that’s extremely rich and buttery. It’s absolutely melts in your mouth. It’s expensive so I don’t normally buy it unless a special occasion out to eat or in this case was one sale.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Nice!

Is this a new tank issue or a gas line issue? I don’t normally buy a brand new tank, I buy the recycled tanks and exchanges.

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
he’s right. it doesn’t usually happen till you have company over and plan on cooking on it.

I haven’t had problems with the 36, but the 22 did it to me all the time

We have a 22" so maybe it's just on that model. It's a common issue. We didn't notice it until we switched from the small canister to a tank.

Do you use scrapers on the side for wind guards?

heavychevy

water bottle holder
Sep 8, 2014
Is this a new tank issue or a gas line issue? I don’t normally buy a brand new tank, I buy the recycled tanks and exchanges.
If you’re near a tractor supply or something similar, they sell propane by the gallon for a tad over $2/gal. Little less expensive than swapping tanks. filled 2 up and topped one off for $27 or so a few weeks ago, I think Publix wants $19 for an exchange.
Edit; didn’t really answer your question. it’s a regulator issue. not sure if the bigger tanks send at a higher psi than the smaller ones or what. the 22’s regulator would malfunction I’m assuming thinking gas was leaking and only flow to the point that there was barely flame at all. Never had a problem when I used the small green camping tanks, but about every other big tank I put on it would trip it and I’d spend half an hour trying to trick the regulator. there’s ways to reset it, sometimes they worked, sometimes they didn’t. Never had an issue on the 36 though. I would move it off the porch when it comes time to season. they put off a LOT of heat.

Last edited:

heavychevy

water bottle holder
Sep 8, 2014
We have a 22" so maybe it's just on that model. It's a common issue. We didn't notice it until we switched from the small canister to a tank.

Do you use scrapers on the side for wind guards?
Don’t really have a wind problem at home. took the 22 to the beach once and angled into the wind best we could then put the RTIC in front of it on the table. worked good enough for a few burgers.

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
If you’re near a tractor supply or something similar, they sell propane by the gallon for a tad over $2/gal. Little less expensive than swapping tanks. filled 2 up and topped one off for $27 or so a few weeks ago, I think Publix wants $19 for an exchange.
Edit; didn’t really answer your question. it’s a regulator issue. not sure if the bigger tanks send at a higher psi than the smaller ones or what. the 22’s regulator would malfunction I’m assuming thinking gas was leaking and only flow to the point that there was barely flame at all. Never had a problem when I used the small green camping tanks, but about every other big tank I put on it would trip it and I’d spend half an hour trying to trick the regulator. there’s ways to reset it, sometimes they worked, sometimes they didn’t. Never had an issue on the 36 though. I would move it off the porch when it comes time to season. they put off a LOT of heat.

Yes, all of this and it may only be a 22" issue. We noticed the flame wasn't as high as it should have been or was with the bottle canisters. After resetting the regulator and then slowly turning it on, it was fixed.

We have several tanks from Costco with the gauge so we just take it to Tractor Supply for a refill. It's about $20.

Nalt

Jul 23, 2020
Does BBQ sauce on burgers and such effect the seasoning of the Blackstone griddles? Hurt or help?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator