Dinner time

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Lift Horse tail, lick ass
Not having the ability taste the complexity of a great Pinot Noir, along with not being able to distinguish the complimentary acidity and fruit character that exists in the foods we eat is common almost the masses with simple pallets. Carry on drinking for power alone. I'm certain that Brett Bielemia and Concrete have a similar philosophy.
:swampqueen:

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Not having the ability taste the complexity of a great Pinot Noir, along with not being able to distinguish the complimentary acidity and fruit character that exists in the foods we eat is common almost the masses with simple pallets. Carry on drinking for power alone. I'm certain that Brett Bielemia and Concrete have a similar philosophy.
:swampqueen:
I’m just not a fan of Pinot Noir. I used to like them ok when I was younger. Rochioli makes a good one.

heavychevy

water bottle holder
Sep 8, 2014
when provolone is used, its a hoagie, when whiz is used, its a philly. simple mathematics fellas

AuggieDosta

I Don't Re Member
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
Since we're speaking of "not being a fan", I'm not a fan of wagyu. I've had it in Japan, in Spain and in St. Augustine. While my experience of it in Japan was the best, all of them are lacking in the sense of substance. The meat falls apart in your mouth like bad spam. I prefer my steak to have substance. The flavor was very good but not unlike any well cooked steak I've ever had.

Also, if you want to try it, you can order it to your house. And there's a Texas company that is selling a knockoff wagyu that is slightly cheaper.

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
Since we're speaking of "not being a fan", I'm not a fan of wagyu. I've had it in Japan, in Spain and in St. Augustine. While my experience of it in Japan was the best, all of them are lacking in the sense of substance. The meat falls apart in your mouth like bad spam. I prefer my steak to have substance. The flavor was very good but not unlike any well cooked steak I've ever had.

Also, if you want to try it, you can order it to your house. And there's a Texas company that is selling a knockoff wagyu that is slightly cheaper.

Costco sells it online as well as a ground beef version but I also assumed it was the wagyu rejects. Although I do like Costco’s other meats so it’s probably good.

AuggieDosta

I Don't Re Member
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
Costco sells it online as well as a ground beef version but I also assumed it was the wagyu rejects. Although I do like Costco’s other meats so it’s probably good.

I forget who, but I remember some TV Chef saying that they too get their meat from Costco as it is better quality than what most butchers get.

As for ground wagyu, kind of defeats the purpose IMO.

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
I forget who, but I remember some TV Chef saying that they too get their meat from Costco as it is better quality than what most butchers get.

As for ground wagyu, kind of defeats the purpose IMO.

I’m not a professional but any beef from Costco, imho, is far superior to Kroger, Walmart etc. I buy ground beef in bulk and vacuum seal it. They had a sale on filet mignon last month for $10/lb so I stocked up.

gator1946

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
If I get ground beef, I grab an entire hunk of something and have them grind it. They don't like me much.

AuggieDosta

I Don't Re Member
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
Finding an actual butcher is rare. The commissary has one and there are a few butcher shops around town but as for the majority of the big brick-n-mortar stores, they don't have them. They just unload the pre-packaged meat off the truck and put it in the display case. Walmart? - nope. "The Beef People" at Winn Dixie? - nope.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Finding an actual butcher is rare. The commissary has one and there are a few butcher shops around town but as for the majority of the big brick-n-mortar stores, they don't have them. They just unload the pre-packaged meat off the truck and put it in the display case. Walmart? - nope. "The Beef People" at Winn Dixie? - nope.
Not sure where you live but Sprouts still cuts all of their beef in-store. Antibiotic free and they have a good selection of grass fed, as well.

AuggieDosta

I Don't Re Member
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
Not sure where you live but Sprouts still cuts all of their beef in-store. Antibiotic free and they have a good selection of grass fed, as well.

I'm in Ga and have never heard of Sprouts but am glad to hear you have them available as that sounds awesome.

heavychevy

water bottle holder
Sep 8, 2014
upload_2020-9-10_19-20-9.jpeg
tried to make patty melts. messed a couple things up, went out of order on others, and winged it on the rest. Made mental notes and will try again.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Local farmers and butchers are the best places for meat. Whole Foods is second as they generally use local farmers. Sprouts is up there as well Costco is good, but part of high processing plants. Kroger, Wal-Mart, Safeway... bottom of the barrel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator