Tacos in progress

Funny looking pancakes and bacon :lol:

Yum - What did you do with it?

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
New rule, no posting in this thread about dinner without pics. Otherwise I’ll ban you for 3 days.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
0D206BE1-8A1A-44A0-B7BF-FE6118EDC9CD.png

I boil water, add eggs and boil for about 10 minutes. Then run cold water over them to cool them down.

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
@CDGator Did you want to elaborate or was it just a close ended question?

Sorry, I edited the post above with a link but I think you had already quoted me.

Double boiler steam pot with an inch of water. Bring to a boil first, then put in eggs to steam for 11 minutes. Drop in an ice bath when finished. Perfectly peeled eggs every time.

Perfect Steamed Boiled Eggs Recipe

This is what I use

products-3_quart_steamer_set_150x150-570x600.jpg

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Sorry, I edited the post above with a link but I think you had already quoted me.

Double boiler steam pot with an inch of water. Bring to a boil first, then put in eggs to steam for 11 minutes. Drop in an ice bath when finished. Perfectly peeled eggs every time.

Perfect Steamed Boiled Eggs Recipe

This is what I use

products-3_quart_steamer_set_150x150-570x600.jpg
Interesting. In the video it looked as if they still are touching the boiling water in his steaming basket.

as mentioned, I boil water first, then add eggs, then run cold water over the pot to remove the heat. I’ve heard ice can help.

In my experience, I also peel under running cold water whenever you peel them and don’t have issues. For instance, if you are peeling an Easter egg that’s been dyed and sitting in the fridge for a while, just peel under a little running cold water.

I have done the eggs in water and then bring to boil. No buéno.

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
Interesting. In the video it looked as if they still are touching the boiling water in his steaming basket.

as mentioned, I boil water first, then add eggs, then run cold water over the pot to remove the heat. I’ve heard ice can help.

In my experience, I also peel under running cold water whenever you peel them and don’t have issues. For instance, if you are peeling an Easter egg that’s been dyed and sitting in the fridge for a while, just peel under a little running cold water.

I have done the eggs in water and then bring to boil. No buéno.

These will still peel nicely if they’ve been in the fridge for several days too.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
here’s my Blackstone Szechuan stir fry from last week :lol:

Hmmmm…..if you and Seedy started packing now, how long would it be before you all and the flat top could be in Georgia? I’m north of ATL, so you can leave driving through that mess out of your calculations. I’ll happily buy the stuff needed from Kroger.

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
Hmmmm…..if you and Seedy started packing now, how long would it be before you all and the flat top could be in Georgia? I’m north of ATL, so you can leave driving through that mess out of your calculations. I’ll happily buy the stuff needed from Kroger.

Can it wait a week? I’ll drop it (Blackstone and kids) off on my way to Tally next week. If you throw in the shrimp then I might stay for an hour but the kids will need a place for the week. :lol:

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
Can it wait a week? I’ll drop it (Blackstone and kids) off on my way to Tally next week. If you throw in the shrimp then I might stay for an hour but the kids will need a place for the week. :lol:
Kids…..hmmmm……

My Lab turns 1 in a week; do you think that’s old enough to baby sit your kids? She’s very responsible….for a dog.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator