Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

Christmas Eve Charcuterie Board
Nice looking spread.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
There's a reason you don't go to an Italian restaurant and order burgers! :whistle:

I made them Sunday night and had to put them back on the grill after my first bite. Still figuring out the new Weber.:facepalm:

The worst part if I had them paired very well with a Gaffel Kolsch and a couple other pilsners. The beef itself that my wife bought was ok at best. But I tried pan searing with some new pans we got(not stainless). Ended up with something you'd expect to see at a museum cafeteria. I'm not exaggerating when I say they were horrific.

And yes, I firmly believe people should generally stay in their comfort lanes. Just was shocked that hamburgers would be what took me down.

G8trwood

Lifetime Member
Nov 29, 2015
Blackstone is a no brainer for burgers, great crust and all the smell outside.

Regular steel pans? Have a couple of the lodge cheap ones I use for proteins and quesadillas;) Our butcher sells the made in, but not preseasoned.. wtf..I’m old and don’t have time for that nonsense

meanwhile

3EF31A17-2B3A-419A-B347-1DA1EA7D717D.jpeg

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
The worst part if I had them paired very well with a Gaffel Kolsch and a couple other pilsners. The beef itself that my wife bought was ok at best. But I tried pan searing with some new pans we got(not stainless). Ended up with something you'd expect to see at a museum cafeteria. I'm not exaggerating when I say they were horrific.

And yes, I firmly believe people should generally stay in their comfort lanes. Just was shocked that hamburgers would be what took me down.

Blackstone truly is best for the burgers. I forgot that I cooked bacon earlier in the day for ours until it was too late. Leftovers were much better.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Blackstone is a no brainer for burgers, great crust and all the smell outside.

Regular steel pans? Have a couple of the lodge cheap ones I use for proteins and quesadillas;) Our butcher sells the made in, but not preseasoned.. wtf..I’m old and don’t have time for that nonsense

meanwhile

BAM! Mic Drop

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
The traditional Christmas Eve dinner in the GBM house is Lasagna preceded by heavy anti-pasto. This year was no exception.
upload_2021-12-24_23-16-23.jpeg We

I love all the cheeses and cold cuts, and of course the traditional marinated veggies - bell peppers, artichokes, mushrooms, and egg plant - but a recent addition (two Christmas’s ago?) was asparagus wrapped in pancetta and broiled. The asparagus is them topped by a sauce of Dijon and fresh squeezed OJ, and fresh chopped thyme. It is phenomenal.

upload_2021-12-24_23-20-48.jpeg

The Lasagna was pretty good too.
upload_2021-12-24_23-21-37.jpeg

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Mexican Casserole. I think this is my Wife’s all time favorite.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The traditional Christmas Eve dinner in the GBM house is Lasagna preceded by heavy anti-pasto. This year was no exception.
View attachment 38597 We

I love all the cheeses and cold cuts, and of course the traditional marinated veggies - bell peppers, artichokes, mushrooms, and egg plant - but a recent addition (two Christmas’s ago?) was asparagus wrapped in pancetta and broiled. The asparagus is them topped by a sauce of Dijon and fresh squeezed OJ, and fresh chopped thyme. It is phenomenal.

View attachment 38598

The Lasagna was pretty good too.
View attachment 38599
That’s obscene…in a most positive way! I’m steal g your wrapped asparagus btw. Looks and sounds phenomenal!

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
That’s obscene…in a most positive way! I’m steal g your wrapped asparagus btw. Looks and sounds phenomenal!
It’s amazing, let me know and I’ll PM the recipe.

I start this adventure 24+ hrs in advance. The bell peppers are roasted and skinned before tossed in the marinade. The egg plant is brined for two hours before it too is roasted and tossed in marinade. Also on the table is roasted green beans and shrimp scampi. And a caprese salad.

I forgot to take pics (which means it may not have happened) but for an appetizer I do bruschetta on toasted sliced French bread, Mascarpone topped with fig jam on thin wafer crackers, and flat bread crackers with Gouda, prosciutto, red onion, and honey, all served with a nice Prosecco.

And yes, I am exhausted and finishing up the last of the red wine at the moment.

G8trwood

Lifetime Member
Nov 29, 2015
Merry Christmas y’all!

The least favorite family member showed up with two bottles of bourbon last night, so he is off the naughty list!. One of the new relatives volunteered to make the stuff shells for today. So leisure time until the judgement begins ;). He is from Mississippi so we have doubts:)

And the old lab (13) got a prime rib bone and passed out early. He was quite happy.

Gator Cheers to all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator