Driskel revenge or another poor outing?

NCOGator

Sep 5, 2014
As you know I have been a pumper this year on the Gators and Driskel. To me this game will show me his merit and me personally if I think he can bring us to the next level either this year or the next. I do have my doubts but I am staying positive.

Here is something for you Debbie Downers the Gainesville Fish Wrap

“Going in as the starting quarterback, you know what you've got to prepare for, you know what you're getting into. At that time, I didn't know how close I was to playing. You don't realize you're one snap away from playing. That's where I went wrong as a freshman. I'm going to let Treon (Harris) know, 'I could go down any play. You might have to go in and play well, so be ready to do that.' ”

#GoGators #IGTBAFG
But let's face it. If Florida is going to go into Tuscaloosa as a 14-point underdog and pull the upset, it's going to take a defining game from the starting quarterback.
He knows that.
This is also his chance to play the game that allows the fickle Gator Nation to warm up to him.
Back in 2011, he was barely shaving. To call him a deer in the headlights would be an insult to deer everywhere.
He's a different quarterback from that night in Gainesville.
This is his chance to show it.
Contact Pat Dooley at 352-374-5053 or at [email protected]. And follow at Twitter.com/Pat_Dooley.

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Gee if Pat says it lots of times I don't believe it. Time will tell.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
This kid hasn't shown it in what 17 games as a starter. I doubt he starts showing a lot now. We will have to win 2012 style probably to have a good record. Some of his quotes make you shake your head like the one where he stressed twice he set the offense up legally but not properly on some plays.

NCOGator

Sep 5, 2014
As a starter of those 17 games how many did he lose? I know he isn't the best out there, but he is the best chance we got to winning the SEC. Do I need to remind you of last year?

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
NCOGator;n53685 said:
As a starter of those 17 games how many did he lose? I know he isn't the best out there, but he is the best chance we got to winning the SEC. Do I need to remind you of last year?

3 I think and he showed he just stresses worse when we need him to carry the team like he did in the Miami game and the Louisville game and even the KY game at some points - he froze up in 2OT and couldn't even get the ball out without sitting there forever to a wide open guy in the endzone. We settled for a FG and if KY would have made a TD we wouldn't have got to a 3OT.

ntcrze

Founding Member
Banned
Banned
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
I don't think "revenge" is in Driskel's vocabulary. I don't think there's much of anything going on in his head. He's still the same player he's always been, he doesn't know how to read a defense and will make a boneheaded play for no apparent reason. After he makes a bad play, his expression doesn't change. If a coach or player comes to talk to him afterwards, does he ever look like he understands what he just did? He always seems to be at sea. I have some experience with needing to medicate some people, and Driskel looks like some of them after their dose. He's happy to be on the field, but he really doesn't understand what's going on. He talks a good game, and must do well at practice for the coaches to keep trotting him out there, but once he gets on the field, he's the same guy he's always been. An example of how clueless he is came from his post Kentucky game remarks. He said he wasn't too worried about missing receivers and related how how it will be corrected and then related how successful he had been in the off season putting more air under his throws...blah, blah, blah. The sad thing is that he is really not worried and he thinks that he can cure his inability to be accurate in a week when he has had an entire off season and the results are the same. He really does believe that everything is fine and dandy. He probably believes what Hargreaves said about him being the best quarterback in America. When the coaches finally send him to the bench, he won't understand why, he'll just have that same vacant expression he always has and still think he's a great quarterback. It's looking more and more like his decision to give up baseball was a bad one.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
What cracks me up is when people cite Tebow's horrific stats in the NFL, people here say BUT HE'S 8-4 AS A STARTER, BAHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!! :wobble:

But when people cite Driskel's record as a starter here, the keyboard diarrhea starts. :kiffin:

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n53762 said:
What cracks me up is when people cite Tebow's horrific stats in the NFL, people here say BUT HE'S 8-4 AS A STARTER, BAHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!! :wobble:

But when people cite Driskel's record as a starter here, the keyboard diarrhea starts. :kiffin:
i believe i mentioned this in another thread...the double standards in this place is hysterical.

HogtownGator

It's Great to be a CCW
Aug 8, 2014
The idea that he didn't realize he was one snap away from playing when Brantley was starting . . . I just can't get my mind around that. Hope he has developed some hunger and passion for beating Bama since 2011.

In All Kinds Of Weather

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever said:
This kid hasn't shown it in what 17 games as a starter. I doubt he starts showing a lot now. We will have to win 2012 style probably to have a good record. Some of his quotes make you shake your head like the one where he stressed twice he set the offense up legally but not properly on some plays.
Driskel is 14-3 as a starter

In All Kinds Of Weather

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
-THE DUDE- said:
Captain Sasquatch;n53762 said:

i believe i mentioned this in another thread...the double standards in this place is hysterical.
I know Driskel will never be anything like what Tebow was here, but in Driskel's first 17 games as a starter he is 14-3, and that is one game better than Tebow was in his first 17 games as a starter (13-4)

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
HogtownGator;n53772 said:
The idea that he didn't realize he was one snap away from playing when Brantley was starting . . . I just can't get my mind around that. Hope he has developed some hunger and passion for beating Bama since 2011.
He was an 18 year old frosh...yeah as the backup he should have been prepared but good lord that was 2011 who gives a ****

ntcrze

Founding Member
Banned
Banned
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
Citing Driskel's won-loss record as a starter is like thinking that Trent Dilfer led the Ravens to winning the Super bowl. Even Muschamp has said that Driskel was a "caretaker' in 2012. The Gators didn't win because of Jeff Driskel. In fact, when the coaches took off the leash in the Sugar Bowl, it proved to be a big mistake. UF probably would have won the game if they had remained conservative on offense. But they were stupid enough to give Driskel a chance. You don't let someone drive if they don't know how, and giving the keys to Driskel is a disaster waiting to happen.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Baby wolves are born with hidden-away instincts and through a time-length of momma's teaching (coaching) the pups
become instinct fulfilled wolves. Driskel hasn't become an instinct fulfilled QB. That's ruinous for him and the team he "leads".

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
My guess is he completes 58% of his passes, for over 220 yards....2 TDs and 1 INT (hopefully not a pick-six or redzone).

I'd also like to see him rush for 30-40 yards (including sacks...meaning 40-60 yards rushing, minus the sacks).

G

Founding Member
Founding Member
NCOGator;n53666 said:
As you know I have been a pumper this year on the Gators and Driskel. To me this game will show me his merit and me personally if I think he can bring us to the next level either this year or the next. I do have my doubts but I am staying positive.

Here is something for you Debbie Downers the Gainesville Fish Wrap

“Going in as the starting quarterback, you know what you've got to prepare for, you know what you're getting into. At that time, I didn't know how close I was to playing. You don't realize you're one snap away from playing. That's where I went wrong as a freshman. I'm going to let Treon (Harris) know, 'I could go down any play. You might have to go in and play well, so be ready to do that.' ”

#GoGators #IGTBAFG
But let's face it. If Florida is going to go into Tuscaloosa as a 14-point underdog and pull the upset, it's going to take a defining game from the starting quarterback.
He knows that.
This is also his chance to play the game that allows the fickle Gator Nation to warm up to him.
Back in 2011, he was barely shaving. To call him a deer in the headlights would be an insult to deer everywhere.
He's a different quarterback from that night in Gainesville.
This is his chance to show it.
Contact Pat Dooley at 352-374-5053 or at [email protected]. And follow at Twitter.com/Pat_Dooley.

Just curious what the excuses will be if he play as expected.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
BMF;n53800 said:
My guess is he completes 58% of his passes, for over 220 yards....2 TDs and 1 INT (hopefully not a pick-six or redzone).

I'd also like to see him rush for 30-40 yards (including sacks...meaning 40-60 yards rushing, minus the sacks).

I'd rather he have zero sacks for loss and about 100+ rushing by Jeff. I can see it happening the way Bama puts more emphasis on covering the middle portions of the field and kind of give you the short outside stuff and rely on good one on one tackling. He can really stress the Bama D if he's on the ball.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
NavetG8r;n53818 said:
I'd rather he have zero sacks for loss and about 100+ rushing by Jeff. I can see it happening the way Bama puts more emphasis on covering the middle portions of the field and kind of give you the short outside stuff and rely on good one on one tackling. He can really stress the Bama D if he's on the ball.

Hell, me too! But, being realistic....I'll concede he's probably going to get sacked, probably more than once. And he'll probably run on designed keepers 4 or 5 times...and then run on a busted play or two. So, that would be as many as 9 "carries" (5 designed keepers, 2 busted play runs, and 2 sacks) for about 40 yards (5 designed = 40 yards, 2 busted = 10+, 2 sacks = -10+).

HogtownGator

It's Great to be a CCW
Aug 8, 2014
-THE DUDE- said:
HogtownGator;n53772 said:
He was an 18 year old frosh...yeah as the backup he should have been prepared but good lord that was 2011 who gives a ****
Dude, I brought it up because its what he talked about in the press conference. . . and it reflects on the kid's hunger and passion for the game, I think. I just hope he's more fired up for this match up with Bama than he was for the last one.

GMDGator

Founding Member
Slick Willie - RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 15, 2014
Founding Member
NCOGator said:
Your avatar is breathtaking

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.