dubster & other Foley bashers won't be happy

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
SGG;n311996 said:
You're telling me the fans of the University of Texas El Paso are this ridiculous about their football team or their Athletic Director? Doubt it.

Find me one that has more negative Nancies in it than this one. When things are bad, incessant complaining. When things are good, incessant complaining.

Tell me it isn't true.

The last 4 years gave everyone plenty of reasons to be negative, but holy hell, why not try to appreciate something good happening for once instead of digging for something to piss and moan about?

Why's that so difficult?

Bama fans are worse. Hell one of their fans killed another Bama fan for not being mad enough with the loss to the Barn a couple years ago. :lol:

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
WobbleGator;n311998 said:
Bama fans are worse. Hell one of their fans killed another Bama fan for not being mad enough with the loss to the Barn a couple years ago. :lol:

Fans and fanatics fall into different categories. Besides, that was likely a case of family violence :headslap:

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
MJMGator;n312030 said:
All Bama fans are related.

th_thgoodpoint.gif

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
SGG;n311930 said:

We could win out, defeat Clemson by 35 in the National Championship game and people will bitch because Treon didn't throw for 350 yards or because the defense gave up a passing touchdown in the 3rd quarter. I guarantee someone wouldn't be satisfied with it.

No fanbase out there, and I mean not a single fanbase, does the agony of victory better than the orange and blue.

****ing ridiculous.
This is about as over the top and ridiculous as the complainers you're complaining about. And I have news for you, every fanbase is the same. Read the meltdown thread if you want any proof.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Gator fans take winning the east, with a new coach, weak offensive line, youngsters all over the field and a QB that runs better than throws. harder than any other fan base.

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
t-gator;n312034 said:
This is about as over the top and ridiculous as the complainers you're complaining about. And I have news for you, every fanbase is the same. Read the meltdown thread if you want any proof.

Obviously you weren't around the message boards in 06, 08 and 09 when we had great regular seasons as well and it was this same kind of nonsense.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n312034 said:

Yeah those meltdowns happen after losses.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n312060 said:
Yeah those meltdowns happen after losses.
You don't think bama fans were complaining when they barely beat Tennessee?

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
SGG;n312052 said:
Obviously you weren't around the message boards in 06, 08 and 09 when we had great regular seasons as well and it was this same kind of nonsense.
Did you ever think it's possible that fan message boards are not for you?

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Well you got your negative nancies and your happy howards and your realistic randys and then your Pauls with some perspective. Its all fun and games until you call my players names and the sh#t is gonna fly........If it is a gator board we trash the red and black and mustard and catsup and the creamsyckle orange. Gators are who we CHEEERR for......btw I love message boards cause we exchange ideas and correct those eat up with dummmmazzzzz

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
threatmatrix;n312208 said:
So out of curiosity I looked up how NCs we've won in the 24 years that Foley is been at the helm. Foley has failed to hire a winner in something like 12 out of 17 sports. Nothing in Baseball of course. In something like three of the sports we managed only one NC. Take for example Gymnastics were we have one but Georgia has seven. We are dominated by other SEC teams in several sports. So other than Football and Basketball Foley has hired one other remarkable coach - Women's Tennis.
I was shocked considering how everyone crows about how great our teams have been but in reality it's because our teams are basically all good but not great. I chalk that up to UF being UF and not Foley making genius coaching hires. Plus he actually lost three NC caliber coaches in Spurrier, Meyer and Donavan.

I think we've won 3 consecutive in gymnastics, so I'm not sure WTF you're looking at?

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
MJMGator;n312227 said:
I think we've won 3 consecutive in gymnastics, so I'm not sure WTF you're looking at?

I was about to say the same thing. :lol:

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
MJMGator;n312227 said:
Yup. And 7 straight Tiddlywinks championships, thank you very much.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n312353 said:
Yup. And 7 straight Tiddlywinks championships, thank you very much.

Just sayin....if you're gonna spout off about your "research" then at least be in the friggin ballpark. :lol:

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
UF has been consistently competitive on a national level in several sports, but Foley sucks because he can't win the NCs FOR them? I suppose anytime UF is in the top 10, it's NC or bust (as in AD failure) at that point?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
No one cares about badminton, pan flute, or cup stacking. Win an NC or top 10, doesn't matter. No one cares. At all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.