Eason reaffirms that he's a Dwag

Status
Not open for further replies.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I think Franks is basing his decision on both baseball and football. Not sure.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I thought we weren't capable of getting 5*s. You guys are getting worked up for nothing.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Not to my knowledge but he would already be enrolled by the time Eason would sign. If Eason would even sign with us…

That's on the assumption today's visit doesn't change the dynamic.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
That's on the assumption today's visit doesn't change the dynamic.

True. But I would hope that the staff would be upfront with Franks that they're trying to build talent at the QB position and he would not be the only one they would be recruiting. Now if they brought in Eason and he decided to leave, I would understand. But hopefully he wouldn't leave just because were talking to him.

Frank's is not ranked that far below Eason. So the question is, will we even be a contender for Eason because Franks has signed?

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
So potentially, Trash, Franks and Eason, All 6'5", all Gators and all EE's. That would be something else.

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
I don't think we are taking all three. if Eason flips; Franks is going back to the corndogs

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
True. But I would hope that the staff would be upfront with Franks that they're trying to build talent at the QB position and he would not be the only one they would be recruiting. Now if they brought in Eason and he decided to leave, I would understand. But hopefully he wouldn't leave just because were talking to him.

Frank's is not ranked that far below Eason. So the question is, will we even be a contender for Eason because Franks has signed?

Let's expand a bit. So you've added Eason and Franks to the roster in addition to Del Rio and Trask. Harris is, well, we'll call him the "incumbent." How do you stagger the redshirts? Do you not take into consideration the likelihood that Grier's in the mix upon his return? A nice problem to have, mind you, but a lot of moving parts.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Let's expand a bit. So you've added Eason and Franks to the roster in addition to Del Rio and Trask. Harris is, well, we'll call him the "incumbent." How do you stagger the redshirts? Do you not take into consideration the likelihood that Grier's in the mix upon his return? A nice problem to have, mind you, but a lot of moving parts.

I would expect a healthy competition between them and probably a transfer or two down the line. Or a position change.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I would expect a healthy competition between them and probably a transfer or two down the line. Or a position change.

You're probably not going to end up with Franks and Eason on the same roster, but if it did happen, my guess is the coaches let them compete through fall camp and decide on which one to redshirt at that point.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
So potentially, Trash, Franks and Eason, All 6'5", all Gators and all EE's. That would be something else.
Really speaks to your maturity when you repeatedly refer to a teenager in high school whom you've never met as "trash" just because you don't like the fact that a coaching staff decided to have him play at Florida. Get over yourself. I'm sure you were a shining example of peak athleticism when you were his age.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I think one of the biggest problems that we have with our team right now is not enough talented depth on offense. So we cannot even get robust and competitive practices. Nobody competing for spots. Which leads to entitlement.

We don't really have this issue with defense because the talent is so deep that everybody is fighting for a spot.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
When you have Showers and Pitman as starting receivers on your team (as we did last year) and Harris as your undisputed starter this year, you have serious talent depth issues on your team.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
When you have Showers and Pitman as starting receivers on your team (as we did last year) and Harris as your undisputed starter this year, you have serious talent depth issues on your team.

No one expected Grier to be out a year with a brain sprain.

ufgator2002

Bleeds Orange and Blue
Aug 11, 2014
Having the knowledge we have over the years of talent levels in different areas... As I pointed out with his numbers as high as they are, not sure why Frank's is not a 5 star. Also he is from Florida where skill players typically face much better competition... Do we think Frank's or Eason truly has the better skill?

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
You're probably not going to end up with Franks and Eason on the same roster, but if it did happen, my guess is the coaches let them compete through fall camp and decide on which one to redshirt at that point.

I agree. I think one of them will be starting in the fall.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I'd let Eason play football and Franks play baseball

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
No one expected Grier to be out a year with a brain sprain.

Of course. But obviously there was no depth behind Grier. Wouldn't it be nice that if Grier went down again that we would have Franks or Eason behind him? We have one of the top 2017 QBs already committed to us in Jake Allen as well.

Plus who knows what happens down the line? Maybe an injury takes out one of these young talents. Or maybe a stupid decision does that as well. I'd rather that the staff stock talent and let the details sort out at a later date.

With Cam and Brantley in the wings after Tebow we thought we would be stocked at quarterback for the next six years. Well, we see how that turned out.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Having the knowledge we have over the years of talent levels in different areas... As I pointed out with his numbers as high as they are, not sure why Frank's is not a 5 star. Also he is from Florida where skill players typically face much better competition... Do we think Frank's or Eason truly has the better skill?

Eason has supposedly a ton of experience in a multi progression prostyle offense. I think Franks is big and strong but a bit more raw.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.