Eddy's Ready

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Kickers are minimized but they win and lose a lot of ball games. The last few years have been testament to that.

People pay them little heed until they really need one. I guess because they aren't involved in what we consider the real aspects of football (running, tackling, passing, catching) they are thought of as not very important. It's kind of like some golfers being more concerned about driving a long 300 yard drive than a 6 inch putt even though they each count equally.

The 2006 season comes to mind.

We played a lot of teams tight because we couldn't kick field goals (Hetland was 2-12 during the season). Then he hit one in the SEC Championship.

The two he hit in the NC game were huge. We went up by 10 and then 13 points and that made OSU panic, before half. That made them try for a 4th and short and throw on us late in the half (when Jarvis stripped fatboy).

If Hetland missed them, the bucks would have run out the clock, content with being down by only 7 at half. (of course, we still would have crushed them in the 2nd half).

Last edited:

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Collins Cooper. Enough said. Vol fans still jack off to John Ward's 'no-sir-ree' call.....

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Hope they have Eddy not involved with making tackles on returns.....just get him off the field or somebody will bust his noggin early on.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Hope they have Eddy not involved with making tackles on returns.....just get him off the field or somebody will bust his noggin early on.
I'd just as soon have someone else doing the kickoffs. It just isn't worth the risk.

Delg8tor

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Oh boy. You come by for drive by just to stir things up?

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
When he kicks it out of the endzone I think he'll be pretty safe.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
It's been a long drought in the FG world for us... I'll believe it when I see him kick it with hogs heaping, leaping and barreling in front of him. Just saying.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
I'd just as soon have someone else doing the kickoffs. It just isn't worth the risk.

I still have deep respect for the spirit crushing effect of kickoffs that fly thru the uprights - not just a touchback, but a 'stfu and get back on the bench because you have no chance to return this and I can score from ANYWHERE' type of touchback.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
By the way, it seems Saban isn't licking his wounds too much over having Eddie flipped from Bama to Florida.....

Video: Alabama kicker commit shows off huge leghttp://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/al...ly-connects-on-field-goal-from-beyond-the-50/

Alabama is getting one heck of a kicker in 2017.

Brandon Ruiz, the No. 2-ranked kicker from the recruiting class of 2017, posted a video of him hitting a field goal from beyond the 50-yard line with ease on Sunday night.

That’s over 70 yards. Seriously. Check out what you’re getting, Tide fans:

What To Expect This Season. 65 Yard Field Goals Easy
1f418.png
1f418.png
#RollTidepic.twitter.com/rJmt9ajFQR

— Brandon Ruiz (@BrandonRRuiz) July 4, 2016

Now we know it’s consistent. In June, Ruiz nailed a 76-yard field goal — with some room to spare.

In case you were wondering, the college football record for the longest made field goal is 67, which is held by three different kickers. Could history be made once he arrives to campus?

Kicks like these would certainly be a welcomed feat (no pun intended) for Alabama.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.