Eff him: Butters getting hired as head coach of Central Michigan

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
He'll do great there. They don't expect to win championships, so his lax style will fit in perfect. He's a player's coach & cares about his players. That'll be enough at a place like that. So long as he doesn't claim death threats again... :bananaburn:
Player coach...what are you smoking?

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
He'll save money by dropping S&C and getting his players memberships at Planet Fitness

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah, it was a "bad situation".....who the hell does he think created it?

And it looks like Butters 'n Nuss is back in business! :dance:

Someone said they hope he hires Nord. There's just no way, is there? What about that pissant S&C coach?

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
What about that pissant S&C coach?

A little respect, please. Guy's a legend.

image.jpg

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Well, I agree he ain't much of a coach, but the players seem to love him. That's what I meant.

Not sure I'd agree with that. None of his recruits seemed to care much about his firing last year, or immediately come to his defense. The few that have spoken out didn't have the kindest words for the situation and have praised the improvements under DM. There seemed to be a general sentiment that he was an ok guy, at best. But certainly nothing like Fowler and others announcing their leaving the moment WM was canned, or players pleading about them failing to execute like we saw in the final days of Zook. For that matter, I can't think of a single incoming recruit that waffled because of his dismissal. I know we lost a few, but it was primarily tied to Shannon not being retained and/or Mullen's lack of interest in pursuing Marshall-level kids.

Tay Bang

I might have been mean to Byrd
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2018

First post:

Official JIM MCELWAIN Coaching Staff Thread
  • CMUChippewa

• Alford landed the 'Big Name' Coach that he wanted - JIM MCELWAIN.
    This is an absolute homerun. There's no ifs, and or buts about it. He is still receiving a large payout from Florida, and as I mentioned

Jim will be able to assemble a very strong staff and from the preliminary discussions around the offensive scheme, it has me truly excited for the future of the team. I really enjoyed the offensive production under Kelly and Jones and I think we'll see an exciting product on the field.

You don't usually see a Coach of this caliber take a non-P5 job, so Alford really did well with his first hire and he certainly knocked it out of the park.
    earlier in the thread, that was something Alford was specifically looking for.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
What in the everlasting f*ck does “Fire up Chips” even mean? Are they cooking fish and chips? Are they motivating California Highway Patrolmen? Are they setting a mountain of Pringle’s ablaze?

gator1946

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Our odds of beating Meatchicken just went up.

Christ what was I thinking I originally said down. That's a banable offense.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator