Warning: Political Takes Ejected Texas HS football player runs back on field and knocks Ref into the middle of next week

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
The 18-year-old Duron was charged with Class A misdemeanor assault at about 11 a.m. Friday during an arraignment at the Edinburg Municipal Court, according to The Monitor. He's currently being held in county jail until he makes bond, which was set as a $10,000 cash surety bond.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
The 18-year-old Duron was charged with Class A misdemeanor assault at about 11 a.m. Friday during an arraignment at the Edinburg Municipal Court, according to The Monitor. He's currently being held in county jail until he makes bond, which was set as a $10,000 cash surety bond.
What he really needs is a parental unit to whip his sorry ass till he can't sit for a week. Then they need to ask the coach to have someone blind side the kids ass, at least once, at every practice. If he bitches or moans ... laps. If he quits ... jail.

Last edited:

JDW

Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
FSU just offered him...said he fits the culture and they’re awaiting a commitment

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Assault/battery. Id certainly prosecute it in a second.

I'm not sure why people think football players are above the law.

I think it might have something to do with the fact that we see football players get away with much worse nearly every day

Does the name Jameis Winston sound familiar?

EuroGator

Founding Member
Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Saw in ESPN that the school has been suspended from the playoffs (even though they went on to win the game).

There may be some valid reason for this. However, if it was simply one player ejected from the game returning to the field of his own volition, suspending them from the playoffs is the WRONG thing to do. Arrest the perp., bar him from sports, let his team mates who were not guilty of his crime continue their lives. ...as though they didn't do it!!!

:facepalm:

Where has common sense gone?

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I think we all agree that refs deserve this, but that doesn't mean you can do it.

Agreed. In fact, when this story broke, the first thing I did was make sure the ref's last name wasn't Childress. Once that was confirmed, I was totally on the side of crucifying this kid.

gatorev12

Lifetime Member
Aug 17, 2018
There may be some valid reason for this. However, if it was simply one player ejected from the game returning to the field of his own volition, suspending them from the playoffs is the WRONG thing to do. Arrest the perp., bar him from sports, let his team mates who were not guilty of his crime continue their lives. ...as though they didn't do it!!!

I tend to agree here--seems it's unfairly punishing the teammates who didn't do anything wrong.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
My heart doesn't want to give up on someone so young. My head says he's already a lost cause. My line of work makes me cynical about his chances of being a contributing member of a civilized society. He is destined to be a recidivist with this type of behavior so young.

Maybe, but the way to find out is to 1. Impose consequences and 2. Attempt rehabilitation. Skip 1 and you render 2 useless s as nd he will probably do worse later. Skip 2 and his recidivism probability is also high.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
It would be a much more effective deterrent to arrest his stupid ass immediately though.

I remember watching a cop arrest some stupid ass college student who mooned the entire civic center during graduation. much more effective to watch the cops walk up and cuff his stupid ass and perp walk him out of the in front of everybody.

hqdefault.jpg

Does tasing a pant less perp in the nutsack hurt noticeably more than tasing him in the chest/back/neck area?

Asking for a friend.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
He should never be allowed to play organized sports again. Period. This is one you don't come back from. The referee was actually injured - this kid hit him as hard as he possibly could.

A large segment of society these days supports letting armed robbery suspects and other violent criminals out of jail without having to post bail. This same group supports rioting, looting & burning down cities. My guess is they view this incident as not only not a big deal but justified. I doubt they would support banning this fine, upstanding manchild from playing a game he loves.

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014

I would think this ban would be overturned if they appeal based on what you stated above.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator