Emory Jones transfers to Arizona State and gets benched; now looking to get benched at Cincy

gatorev12

Lifetime Member
Aug 17, 2018
This thread reminds me of how much I hate Dan Mullen. 2 transfer guy started over a top 5 pick because he’s the smartest guy in the room.

If Dorky Dan is the smartest guy in a room, that room better not have any crayons. Someone in that anti-MENSA room is going to eat them.

This x10000

Mullen went with Jones in 2021 solely to spite the program and to ensure he got canned.

AR is a far superior runner to Jones and had a bigger arm. His potential got him drafted in the top 5 of the NFL...and if Mullen were serious about his job, he would've worked on developing AR into a more complete QB rather than wasting time on Jones.

That's no disrespect to Jones whatsoever and I don't blame him for Mullen's incompetence or spite.

I genuinely wish Jones well.
I genuinely hope Mullen never coaches again and gets blackballed from the industry.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
This x10000

Mullen went with Jones in 2021 solely to spite the program and to ensure he got canned.

AR is a far superior runner to Jones and had a bigger arm. His potential got him drafted in the top 5 of the NFL...and if Mullen were serious about his job, he would've worked on developing AR into a more complete QB rather than wasting time on Jones.

That's no disrespect to Jones whatsoever and I don't blame him for Mullen's incompetence or spite.

I genuinely hope Mullen never coaches again and gets blackballed from the industry.
Don't hold back, let it all out!!!!!!

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
This x10000

Mullens career is over, but it's not due to blackball. It's due to him sucking so bad nobody wants him.

Last edited:

Gator87

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
This thread reminds me of how much I hate Dan Mullen. 2 transfer guy started over a top 5 pick because he’s the smartest guy in the room.

If Dorky Dan is the smartest guy in a room, that room better not have any crayons. Someone in that anti-MENSA room is going to eat them.
Let's not forget that Dan "Mensa" Mullen also started Franks over Trask, and the only reason he played Trask was that Franks got injured. If Dan is the smartest guy in the room anywhere the room must be filled with the biggest dumba$$es on the planet.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
That's nothing. Cam Mccormick is a 9th year player. He played for oregon got 8 years and now he is on Miamis roster. According to his Twitter statement he might even have another year after this. Imagine a 10th year senior.
He still sucks........

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Looks like jones had a really nice 1st game at cincy

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Looks like jones had a really nice 1st game at cincy
And against Eastern Kentucky, whose defense has been compared to the '85 Bears....if they were playing at their ages now.

Things are going to get drastically different when he faces a team with a pulse.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
And against Eastern Kentucky, whose defense has been compared to the '85 Bears....if they were playing at their ages now.

Things are going to get drastically different when he faces a team with a pulse.

I think he puts up 8 TDs this week. And 9 each week that follows.

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015

For every game he scores 7 tds in the rest of the season, you get a month off.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Emory reads this thread He becomes emory board..........
Mean Girls Whatever GIF by Dr. Donna Thomas Rodgers

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Well, Emory Jones' quest to get benched by THREE schools is almost here. He's up to 8 picks and they've lost 4 straight. As you can imagine, the fan base is threatening to storm the field and remove him themselves.....again.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
And here's a thread where the fans vent about Emory Jones. Ah, memories.

• He should have been pulled even earlier in the game. He isn’t good, at all. He wasn’t good at FL or ASU. What the coaching staff saw I will never know.
  • They saw a mobile QB who theoretically can run the offense. He cannot read defenses or the progress past the first read. At All. I'm not sure if that's him or whether he's being instructed to do that. Either way it isn't working out.
  • After watching today's game again, the comparisons of Emory Jones and Aklil Smith are there. Great runners, but cannot hit the broad side of a barn from 10 yards. I think it is time to let Lichtenberg a look. With the set throws that Jones missed today there is no reason not to. Drogosh can play the last 4 games and not lose his redshirt. The Emory Jones led Bearcats need to be done.
  • The offensive line sucks yea that's a given, but it's not like Jones is continually being rushed or even on his back repeatedly. Jones has no finesse, can't lead a receiver, isn't very accurate and hasn't got the players respect.
  • Please change the QB.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
I can't believe they haven't found someone better already....I guess life in a real conference is a b!tch for both Cincy and UCF....both 0-4 in conference.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.