ESPN: Is Florida finding its footing under Billy Napier?

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Even if Corey Raymond hated Napier's guts (which is laughable), you think he'd damage his own future career by sandbagging his coaching?

We take coach hating to new levels around here.

Ironhead

Defender of freedom.
Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2018
Even if Corey Raymond hated Napier's guts (which is laughable), you think he'd damage his own future career by sandbagging his coaching?

We take coach hating to new levels around here.
No comment on the not buying in stuff.

Why do you think our DB's are playing so "soft"?
Why would a guy like Kimber, still be allowed to see the field after what's on film from yesterday?
Are you in the least disappointed in the play of the secondary?

At the very least, Wouldn't you agree that Napier should be chewing on that Raymond azz ??
Along with Rob Sales azz, and Armstrong's azz....and ...and...and....all the way down to Fuching Strength and Conditioning.

If I'm Billy, I've had a long day chewing out assistant coaches, "analysts", cheerleaders, the band, ball boys, coaches wives and children, and probably even the grounds keepers and landscapers.

But Billy, Is probably sitting on his couch watching the NFL today.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
It just seems like UF has a huge hole to climb to get to where the program can even dream about getting to Atlanta on the first Saturday in December much less a CFP berth, even with expansion next year. The talent gap in the trenches is painfully obvious and on display. I am at the point where I am thankful that I was alive and aware when the Gators where kings in 96,06, and 08. I was a kid in the 80’s when the program had so many near misses and missteps, and when Spurrier awoke the Monster that Bear Bryant referenced so many years earlier. I am at the point that I really don’t know if we will ever see any kind of championship ever again. UF is in my blood literally and will forever be my team in all sports. I am just thankful that I have in a lifetime when the Gators where at the top because we may never see it again.

With the divisions disappearing next year it will be even harder for us to make the championship game. No longer can win a weak East division and get into the game.

ted

Aug 24, 2019
With the divisions disappearing next year it will be even harder for us to make the championship game. No longer can win a weak East division and get into the game.
Very true, this must be what it felt like to be a bama fan btw 96 thru 2007.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
So for sake of argument, let’s say BN closes on the recruiting class(even flips a couple on ESD), hires an OC, new OL, and a ST coordinator that the gator nation is optimistic/excited about and does well in the transfer portal. UF will still be a young team in 24 with an exceptionally brutal schedule. IMHO, a 7-5 year would be excellent in 2024, with improved play calling and an actual return to putting our best athletes on ST to affect sudden change on punt fakes, punt blocks etc.. Would that be seen as progress or is the W/L record the measuring stick?
This homoerotic trash got a like?

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
At the very least, Wouldn't you agree that Napier should be chewing on that Raymond azz ??
Along with Rob Sales azz, and Armstrong's azz....and ...and...and....all the way down to Fuching Strength and Conditioning.
How the hell do you know what happens (or doesn't happen) behind closed doors? It's obvious by now Billy doesn't believe in chewing ass in public, but guys like you acting like you know what happens outside of game days in front of the world is laughable.

Ironhead

Defender of freedom.
Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2018
How the hell do you know what happens (or doesn't happen) behind closed doors? It's obvious by now Billy doesn't believe in chewing ass in public, but guys like you acting like you know what happens outside of game days in front of the world is laughable.
Ok, Fair enough.
Does it look like to you Billy is not pleased with any of his assistants on the sidelines?
I don't believe I've ever seen him do anything on the sidelines but pace back and forth and occasionally, pat a player on the pads.
But, that's the argument you want to take out of all this??

Spurffelbow833

Supporting Member
Jun 23, 2020
It just seems like UF has a huge hole to climb to get to where the program can even dream about getting to Atlanta on the first Saturday in December much less a CFP berth, even with expansion next year. The talent gap in the trenches is painfully obvious and on display. I am at the point where I am thankful that I was alive and aware when the Gators where kings in 96,06, and 08. I was a kid in the 80’s when the program had so many near misses and missteps, and when Spurrier awoke the Monster that Bear Bryant referenced so many years earlier. I am at the point that I really don’t know if we will ever see any kind of championship ever again. UF is in my blood literally and will forever be my team in all sports. I am just thankful that I have in a lifetime when the Gators where at the top because we may never see it again.
Like watching men walk on the Moon. It is hard to live down, though, especially when nothing, and I mean nothing new ever takes its place. Those championships took place before the world was fully poisoned by politics and schidt show social media culture. My world, never a particularly happening place to begin with, has shrunk. A lot. It wouldn't mean as much to me even if it did happen again.

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
We will pummel Travis. We got to him last year but had poor tackling. And that was there. He’ll wish he’d never started playing football and gone ahead with his “transition” by the time he leaves BHG in November.
I never knew sofla was an Ox alias account :lol:

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
No comment on the not buying in stuff.

Why do you think our DB's are playing so "soft"?
Why would a guy like Kimber, still be allowed to see the field after what's on film from yesterday?
Are you in the least disappointed in the play of the secondary?

If I'm Billy, I've had a long day chewing out assistant coaches, "analysts", cheerleaders, the band, ball boys, coaches wives and children, and probably even the grounds keepers and landscapers.

But Billy, Is probably sitting on his couch watching the NFL today.

Billy chewing azz?

You are talking about a guy that didn’t have much to say when the refs took that first down away from us that led to the disastrous fourth down call.

Laugh if you want but I said the same thing about Mike White. Referees are human, contrary to popular belief, and they react to people based upon respect.
If you sit back and watch Kirby convince the referee to move the ball back without a response you will continue to get screwed.

Billy should have called a timeout and spent the entire time riding the incompetent head referee’s azz just to let him know that you know what is happening.
Instead I assume that Billy prayed for him to have better judgment in the future. He asks his players to fight but he doesn’t so…….

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Ok, Fair enough.
Does it look like to you Billy is not pleased with any of his assistants on the sidelines?
I don't believe I've ever seen him do anything on the sidelines but pace back and forth and occasionally, pat a player on the pads.
But, that's the argument you want to take out of all this??
My argument to take out of all of this is that you need therapy, and to turn off Gator football for at least a few years before you keel over.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
LSU game either 3:30 CBS, 7 ESPN or 7:30 SECN. Them Tigahs don’t host many nooners, Bama too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator