Even GatorCountry is Piling on

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
I had a convo with a dude last night at my son's baseball practice. He mentioned being a gator and them going to a game recently. I said, yeah, me 2. I went to Florida, was there during spurriers reign, then said Im just on sitting around on fire dan mullen watch.

He immediately looked perplexed and said, you mean granthem? And i said no, Mullen. Mullen is the reason for granthem, the reason the offense still looks and plays like crap in year 4, the reason we get out coached, outrecruited, and out hustled in games by inferior opponents, and mullen is the reason for us never sustaining any consistency of any kind. If mullen was worth half of what he was making, hed make the hard decisions and cut ties with buddies who cant get it done, but he doesnt, so he has to go.

He spent the next 20 minutes disagreeing with me. Actually asked me if watched miss st when he was there b/c the offense was really good. I then looked at him perplexed and said it looked just like it does now. sideways passes, screens, and qb powers up the middle for minimal gains. Then mentioned hes been wrong on essentially every qb hes ever had, and the few good ones all got the job b/c of an injury to a complete dud he had selected over them. Then brought up the disastrous recruiting and how its 2x's as bad as it seems b/c as we dont get - fsu, miami, bama, dwags, lsu do get and we have to play all those teams nearly every season.

At that point he was full pump and fantasy land. Went with the standard, well who would you replace him with. I rattled off a laundry list of great names. "oh we could never get any of THOSE guys, be realistic" etc. He actually trashed lincoln riley and said hes not half the coach mullen is and that he wouldnt let him near the stadium. That he is only good b/c he was given the keys to a ferrarri. I told him he took that ferrarri and boatraced us with it last year. Then he excused the loss by saying, "well all our players that were good were opting out and prepping for the nfl." I reminded him that OU players all had the same option and unlike us, they didnt play for and lose their conf title. They won it, so they really didnt have much else to prove... yet they were all there and dialed in to do work. So why the disparity? He got frustrated at that point and the convo ended.

The fools like this guy that bend over and allow fuchs/fooley/strick to shove another sausage up their rectum while pretending how wonderful it feels are prevalent in our "fan" base and they are the reason we are where we are. We dont demand more as a majority fan base.

Imagine recreating this same convo between 2 bama fans, post saban with another mediocre coach whos sucking. You cant imagine it can you? Because it doesnt happen. Both fans would be hollering for the AD to make a change because this crap isnt accepted there, or at OU, OSU, etc. Our fan base is ultimately the issue b/c the majority are t-shirt fans who dont know or give 2 shts about actually winning something serious.

You should've asked him if he posted on Gatorchatter, because he sounds like some of the pumpers on here. LOL

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
If he can put those things aside and do,what's best for the program, then he could have a big turnaround for next year. But if he insists on digging his heels cause he doesn't want to admit fault or wrongdoing, which is likely based on past behavior, then this will end poorly for everyone, him included.
So basically, if Mullen wasn't Mullen he might be successful.

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
After UGA blasts us 49-10, our players continue to mail it in the rest of the season with only maybe Samford being a win while eeking it out 23-20 as our players are done with this coaching staff just like the fans. We finish at 5-7 and the race is on for a new HC especially after a mass exodus of recruits and players and the next coach with some real work to do to get us back on track.

Spurdog98

Preston Brooks
Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2018
Tilly is the same here as over there.

There is a board rule you can't personally attack a player or coach.

A statement like "Dan Mullen is an idiot" is not allowed but "Dan Mullen calls a ****ty game" is ok.

Not everyone can handle a place like Chatter.
How long do you think it would take me to get kicked off?

Bushmaster

Lifetime Member
Jul 27, 2018
Look at this...we got a swampgasser MuLLLen lover. Hey moron, by your reaction it sure seems like my spotter rounds already got the effect.
IUQmzW.gif

Lame.

I despise Mullen more than donkey. I don't just want him fired, I want him beaten with barbed wire and dragged out of Florida wth a mule. Same for for Grantham except I don't think a mule could pull his fat ass.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
So basically, if Mullen wasn't Mullen he might be successful.

Maybe a slight rephrase is "if Mullen would stop Mullening," with the definition of "Mullening" as: 1) to arrogantly throw away common sense in order to prove to the world that you're right and everyone else is wrong or 2) to use inferior players or coaches when obvious better options can be immediately available or 3) to play conservative, ball control offense with a small lead instead of trying to score to make the lead larger or 4) running the read option regardless of personnel on the field for either team.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
What may be the most frustrating thing about this year is that if Mullen had replaced Grantham and Robinson in January and made AR the starter game 1, then we'd likely be undefeated with an actual chance at a championship and Heisman this year. But his pride, arrogance, and unfounded loyalty got in the way.

If he can put those things aside and do,what's best for the program, then he could have a big turnaround for next year. But if he insists on digging his heels cause he doesn't want to admit fault or wrongdoing, which is likely based on past behavior, then this will end poorly for everyone, him included.
ol' JB still pining away for disco dan to smell the coffee :lol:

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Maybe a slight rephrase is "if Mullen would stop Mullening," with the definition of "Mullening" as: 1) to arrogantly throw away common sense in order to prove to the world that you're right and everyone else is wrong or 2) to use inferior players or coaches when obvious better options can be immediately available or 3) to play conservative, ball control offense with a small lead instead of trying to score to make the lead larger or 4) running the read option regardless of personnel on the field for either team.
Dooshbag's best season ever was 2019, coaching Butter's players and forced to play, rather than choosing to play, one of the most prolific passers in Gator history.

He managed second place in the east with losses to both teams with equal or more talent. Wow, he beat a mediocre Auburn team at home by single digits. We love to blame Grantham for losses rather than the man who is in charge so does that mean Grantaham actually won that game, a game many have pointed to as an elite win for Mullinz? Grantham's side of the ball only gave up 2 scores while Numbnut's O sputtered to 24 points. Tommy Townsend was probably the Player of the Game for us, punting 7 times for 330 yards.

That was his peak. Now he has his own players and is a 4 loss a year coach. Nothing will change that. He is what his record says he is and any discussion about firing Grantham, or playing the right players, or changing his offense, or learning to recruit is pure bullshlt. Discussing that he could be elite if he could just change into to a completely different coach is equivalent to mental masterbation and a complete waste of time. The only thing that can improve our situation is his impending termination, the sooner the better.

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
:rotfl:
AR won't be hitting the recruiting trail, our lousy coaching staff will.
If AR is the clear leader of the team heading into next year, he will definitely aid in recruiting. Not depending on Dan. Leaning on AR to seduce a couple of competitors who want to win and make that endorsement $$$$.

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
That possible scenario is, basically, what Will Miles said on the Breakdown. But that 5 star stuff is you...lol.
You don't think an AR-lead team would inspire a few extra signings? I thought kids were drawn to play with exceptional teammates. Like when Brandon Spikes signed with us because Tebow did. In fact, Brandon said he would have gone wherever Tebow signed. Heck, they both almost went to Bama to play for Shula jr.

P.s. Let's Go Brandon.

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
Lame.

I despise Mullen more than donkey. I don't just want him fired, I want him beaten with barbed wire and dragged out of Florida wth a mule. Same for for Grantham except I don't think a mule could pull his fat ass.
Vigilante Justice thread is two doors down on the left.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
If AR is the clear leader of the team heading into next year, he will definitely aid in recruiting. Not depending on Dan. Leaning on AR to seduce a couple of competitors who want to win and make that endorsement $$$$.

You don't think an AR-lead team would inspire a few extra signings? I thought kids were drawn to play with exceptional teammates. Like when Brandon Spikes signed with us because Tebow did. In fact, Brandon said he would have gone wherever Tebow signed. Heck, they both almost went to Bama to play for Shula jr.

P.s. Let's Go Brandon.

The MuLLLen apologists are out in full force today.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
You don't think an AR-lead team would inspire a few extra signings?
No; I don't. Even if AR-15 starts the rest of the way (and who knows if that will happen), how will this help recruiting? Let's say he really lights it up. It won't lead to a bunch of guys coming here because they know Mullen rarely if ever plays any true freshman and AR-15 will go pro after the 2022 season.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
What may be the most frustrating thing about this year is that if Mullen had replaced Grantham and Robinson in January and made AR the starter game 1, then we'd likely be undefeated with an actual chance at a championship and Heisman this year. But his pride, arrogance, and unfounded loyalty got in the way.

My worry is that Mullen is dispiriting. As such, Mullen will mess with AR's head in that way that makes him misfire more.?

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
ol' JB still pining away for disco dan to smell the coffee :lol:

I know he's not going to smell the coffee. He is who he is. He had a chance to have something really special last year, and he blew it. He easily could have had a special year this year, and he blew it. And he still, in theory, could easily make major corrections for next year, but we all know that he'll screw it up because that's what he does. HE NEEDS TO BE GONE. There's no question about that. It's really frustrating to be a fan and to see things be so close, yet so far.

The only way next year can be salvaged and turn into something special is if 1) Mullen is replaced before Christmas this year, which is ideal, or 2) Mullen smells the coffee and does what's necessary. Personally, I don't think the odds of either happening are very good, which sucks.

G. Gordon Gator

Intrepid Chauvinist
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2018
That is an excellent definition of that word. Somebody get Webster's on the phone!

Of course the problem you immediately ran into was that by spelling out Mullen's actual shortcomings, some people assume you are insinuating that there is hope for him, if he would start doing things differently. And some people here -- okay, many people -- are way too emotionally invested in the idea of Mullen being The Worst Coach Ever, Who Must Be Fired Yesterday.

He should be fired yesterday because he's an insufferable azzhole and players don't respect him enough. That's the reason we'll never get enough elite players to win a championship. Strictly speaking in terms of his coaching abilities, he is not the worst ever. He is average at best, and at worst. Terminally mediocre. Not championship caliber.

But guess what, kids? Mediocre performance on the football field is acceptable for our Fuchsing administration. They used that football money to build better educational facilities, hire better faculty and vault the university into the upper echelons of academic excellence. It has served its purpose and now has gone from an asset to a liability. Fuchs does not want Florida to be known as, "a football school," like Alabama. As far as he's concerned, Mullen is...fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.