Status
Not open for further replies.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I had a convo with a dude last night at my son's baseball practice. He mentioned being a gator and them going to a game recently. I said, yeah, me 2. I went to Florida, was there during spurriers reign, then said Im just on sitting around on fire dan mullen watch.

He immediately looked perplexed and said, you mean granthem? And i said no, Mullen. Mullen is the reason for granthem, the reason the offense still looks and plays like crap in year 4, the reason we get out coached, outrecruited, and out hustled in games by inferior opponents, and mullen is the reason for us never sustaining any consistency of any kind. If mullen was worth half of what he was making, hed make the hard decisions and cut ties with buddies who cant get it done, but he doesnt, so he has to go.

He spent the next 20 minutes disagreeing with me. Actually asked me if watched miss st when he was there b/c the offense was really good. I then looked at him perplexed and said it looked just like it does now. sideways passes, screens, and qb powers up the middle for minimal gains. Then mentioned hes been wrong on essentially every qb hes ever had, and the few good ones all got the job b/c of an injury to a complete dud he had selected over them. Then brought up the disastrous recruiting and how its 2x's as bad as it seems b/c as we dont get - fsu, miami, bama, dwags, lsu do get and we have to play all those teams nearly every season.

At that point he was full pump and fantasy land. Went with the standard, well who would you replace him with. I rattled off a laundry list of great names. "oh we could never get any of THOSE guys, be realistic" etc. He actually trashed lincoln riley and said hes not half the coach mullen is and that he wouldnt let him near the stadium. That he is only good b/c he was given the keys to a ferrarri. I told him he took that ferrarri and boatraced us with it last year. Then he excused the loss by saying, "well all our players that were good were opting out and prepping for the nfl." I reminded him that OU players all had the same option and unlike us, they didnt play for and lose their conf title. They won it, so they really didnt have much else to prove... yet they were all there and dialed in to do work. So why the disparity? He got frustrated at that point and the convo ended.

The fools like this guy that bend over and allow fuchs/fooley/strick to shove another sausage up their rectum while pretending how wonderful it feels are prevalent in our "fan" base and they are the reason we are where we are. We dont demand more as a majority fan base.

Imagine recreating this same convo between 2 bama fans, post saban with another mediocre coach whos sucking. You cant imagine it can you? Because it doesnt happen. Both fans would be hollering for the AD to make a change because this crap isnt accepted there, or at OU, OSU, etc. Our fan base is ultimately the issue b/c the majority are t-shirt fans who dont know or give 2 shts about actually winning something serious.
My best friend. I love him to death. Die hard gator. Says the same shcit, verbatim. I'll make the same case for firing Mullen, he says " who we gonna get?" I give him names and he responds with "be realistic "or "who we gonna get". We had to be separated at a family cookout (watch party)one time over a Georgia loss one year during the muschamp era. Some folks are just wired that way. But if you're defending will muschamp after freaking vandy bends us over on homecoming with their true freshman back up qb, you're gonna defend anyone we hire.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
We'll get us a couple of 5 star receivers who want to ball out with AR..
Whehhhhhhh.... are you new? Never watched a Gator game?

Freshman receivers, if Douchebag Dan is still here, in 2022 will redshirt. In 2024 or so they will start getting the occasional play or two....IF they are blocking well. 2025 and 2026 are their years to play.

AR is gone next December to the NFL regardless of which team he plays for next fall.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Now hold on...
What if, and this is a big what if, but what if AR is named the starter and finishes strong on offense?
He has the skills to successfully run Mullen's offense to the tune of 40-45pts/game.
The way the media fawns on AR being a future 1st round draft pick should inspire a few extra recruits.
We'll get us a couple of 5 star receivers who want to ball out with AR.
The only thing to change then is the DC. Find anyone with a pulse and it will be an improvement.
Have an improved and hopefully serviceable defense, and voila, instant contender.

I think this is our only way this sh!t show ends well.

Just say "The only way we escape with shallow wounds."
I agree with Egor's hope. AR must tear it up with the coaching staying out of the way and his energized natural athlete teammates answering the call. Everybody with that "run over you enthusiasm". Go Gators.! Please go, Mullen.

gator1946

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Has JDH gone into a deep depression. I may have missed it but I haven't seen him post JUST BEAT THE LEG HUMPERS. At least not recently.

This is bad. Really bad.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
AR is gone next December to the NFL regardless of which team he plays for next fall.

Probably.? His learning process may need another year? - I hope.hope,hope. What if AR enjoys immensely his college life>? enjoys one more year with Mom & hometown friends.?? That may be all we got.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Probably.? His learning process may need another year? - I hope.hope,hope. What if AR enjoys immensely his college life>? enjoys one more year with Mom & hometown friends.?? That may be all we got.
He will make 35 million by signing.

Fvkking idiot Mullen wont stop that by trying to make him look bad. The scouts know what they see, and know how terrible Dan made Cam and Dak look.

YLGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 14, 2016
So the 8 people that go to Tennis matches will get chair backs in 22, but the football fans have to wait until 24. That’s some screw job.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
So the 8 people that go to Tennis matches will get chair backs in 22, but the football fans have to wait until 24. That’s some screw job.
I misread that to say "22" tennis fans and immediately thought there is no damn way 22 people actually go to tennis matches.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
Now hold on...
What if, and this is a big what if, but what if AR is named the starter and finishes strong on offense?
He has the skills to successfully run Mullen's offense to the tune of 40-45pts/game.
The way the media fawns on AR being a future 1st round draft pick should inspire a few extra recruits.
We'll get us a couple of 5 star receivers who want to ball out with AR.
The only thing to change then is the DC. Find anyone with a pulse and it will be an improvement.
Have an improved and hopefully serviceable defense, and voila, instant contender.

I think this is our only way this sh!t show ends well.

That possible scenario is, basically, what Will Miles said on the Breakdown. But that 5 star stuff is you...lol.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
That possible scenario is, basically, what Will Miles said on the Breakdown. But that 5 star stuff is you...lol.
This class is done. The hay us in the barn, other teams barns. This years play affects the 2023 class. Miles himself has.focumented that too.

And the 2020 offense gave Mullinz no bump. His very occasional better year never does.

5-Star Finger

Apex predator of the political forum biome
Lifetime Member
Nov 16, 2017
Other than that, you are spot on. Fire for effect!!

giphy.gif

UnpleasantKeenArchaeocete-size_restricted.gif

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
I'll make the same case for firing Mullen, he says " who we gonna get?" I give him names and he responds with "be realistic "or "who we gonna get".
This is a mentality I cannot wrap my head around.

My answer to his question is that his question is irrelevant. Mullen is not getting it done and will never get it done. His inability to recruit means he will never again have the offensive talent he had in 2020, and even then he lost 4 games with that talent. Best case scenario this season is a third place finish in the division. I see nothing on the horizon to tell me 2022 will be any better (with or without AR). Therefore he must go.

So it really doesn’t matter who replaces Mullen for the folks who are currently satisfied. A halfway competent hire can also guide us to third or fourth place finishes. But maybe, just maybe, we get it right and compete for championships. (And if we don’t, we get rid of that guy too.)

Of course, not knowing your friend, I have no idea if he actually enjoyed the Spurrier and Meyer years. Maybe he actually prefers mediocrity.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
You are an idiot, can't interpret the written word, but you excel at jumping the wrong conclusion.

Other than that, you are spot on. Fire for effect!!

Look at this...we got a swampgasser MuLLLen lover. Hey moron, by your reaction it sure seems like my spotter rounds already got the effect.
IUQmzW.gif

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
My best friend. I love him to death. Die hard gator. Says the same shcit, verbatim. I'll make the same case for firing Mullen, he says " who we gonna get?" I give him names and he responds with "be realistic "or "who we gonna get". We had to be separated at a family cookout (watch party)one time over a Georgia loss one year during the muschamp era. Some folks are just wired that way. But if you're defending will muschamp after freaking vandy bends us over on homecoming with their true freshman back up qb, you're gonna defend anyone we hire.
some people are just born losers. winners and winning methods make them feel uncomfortable and inferior. they like the methods and feel of a loser b/c its familiar and comfortable. honestly, that's the biggest issue we have in this country right now.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
What may be the most frustrating thing about this year is that if Mullen had replaced Grantham and Robinson in January and made AR the starter game 1, then we'd likely be undefeated with an actual chance at a championship and Heisman this year. But his pride, arrogance, and unfounded loyalty got in the way.

If he can put those things aside and do,what's best for the program, then he could have a big turnaround for next year. But if he insists on digging his heels cause he doesn't want to admit fault or wrongdoing, which is likely based on past behavior, then this will end poorly for everyone, him included.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.