Even GatorCountry is Piling on

Status
Not open for further replies.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Just for the record. I enjoy joining this scrum and complaining about the team. It's a good way to get hostility toward other things out. Truth is I just don't care anymore...apathy. More truth. I'll care when things change. I'm not counting the days when that happens.

Very difficult to argue with your position on the subject.
I am still in the complainers group but I am trying to do the right thing and progress into the apathetic group.

I will use you as an example to motivate me to let go of this crap before it kills me.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
You don't think an AR-lead team would inspire a few extra signings? I thought kids were drawn to play with exceptional teammates. Like when Brandon Spikes signed with us because Tebow did. In fact, Brandon said he would have gone wherever Tebow signed. Heck, they both almost went to Bama to play for Shula jr.

P.s. Let's Go Brandon.

None of the players being recruited will ever play with AR.

I doubt his play will change recruiting in 2022 since nearly all the best players are committed

AR will be in the NFL by the time the 2023 guys get to campus

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
The MuLLLen apologists are out in full force today.
Calm down nutty neteng. Let's say you have two choices:

Option 1: Fire Dan Mullen and Staff ASAP (likely at the end of the season). Bring in someone else (yes, just about anyone else would be an improvement). But AR and half of the decent players/recruits transfer. Transition recruiting class sucks. Back to square one just like after Chump and Butters. Maybe the new guy gets it done in a couple of years. Maybe not.

Option 2: Name AR-15 the starter. We know he can score even with Mullen hamstringing him. Get a new D coordinator. Have a chance for a year with the talent we already have on hand. Why the fuchs not try this? Better than letting a generational talent walk out the door. AR signed up to run Mullen's offense for his hometown Gators. Don't fuchs that up.

I want to win now. Not five years from now.
I want to watch AR excel in the Orange and Blue, and I don't mean Auburn.

Sometimes you have to play the hand you're dealt and not whine all the time about your cards.

I hate Dan Mullen. Always have. But because AR-15 seems perfectly suited to run his offense, I reluctantly vote to let MuLLLens have another crack at it. Absolute last fuchsing chance. Granted only because of AR-15.

G. Gordon Gator

Intrepid Chauvinist
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2018
If you want more context on @Tilly, you can see this wuss shows up as having hundreds of posts, but if you look at his postings page, every single one is deleted. He has erased everything he ever wrote here.

:exactly:

Tilly aka Flanders is and was loyal to Beta Country all along. He came over here on a comically ghey secret agent mission. First he ingratiated himself by sucking up to posters here, and once he felt like he'd earned a little gravitas, he started making feeble efforts to belittle little ol' ME every chance he got.

Reason being, as Flanders openly declared on Beta Country while this was going on, he regarded me as the, quote, "ringleader" of a bunch of disgruntled Beta Countryfolk who emigrated to Chatter. So he seriously thought that if he could diminish my standing, like killing the leader of a vampire coven, my spell would be broken and the others would recover their senses and dutifully report back to Beta Country. :crazy:

When his plan failed, it was Flanders who went skulking back to Beta with his tail between his legs. And then deleted the evidence that he was ever here. What a doosh.

Suck it, Flanders!

7c9d02223ccd50e7562c9ded7a25f4d15aa25950.gif

Bushmaster

Lifetime Member
Jul 27, 2018
I am at the point with Mullen I hope he leaves college football all together and gets an NFL gig with the Jets or some other suck ass team. I can't stand to see the arrogant prick on the sidelines, can't stand to hear him speak, and I REALLY wish one of those cock sucking reporters would take him up on one of those ridiculous challenges he throws out all the time.

Here is a challenge for you Dan. Get your team ready to whip georgia's ass!! How about win that one?? How about beat UK and LSU. How about those challenges.

I would seriously fight that MFer with my right hand tied behind my back and kick his no head coaching ass right back to Mississippi.

Big Wave

Nov 26, 2017
"Option 2: Name AR-15 the starter. We know he can score even with Mullen hamstringing him. Get a new D coordinator. Have a chance for a year with the talent we already have on hand. Why the fuchs not try this? Better than letting a generational talent walk out the door. AR signed up to run Mullen's offense for his hometown Gators. Don't fuchs that up."

This is how Mullen could survive. Hand the team to AR. AR shows promise against UGA and then wins out while looking great. Fire Grantham. Make a somewhat exciting DC hire. Win the Music City (or whatever) Bowl. Sign a top 15 class. (I know that's not good enough long term, but...) Under those circumstances Mullen could survive. If all that happens I will choose to be optimistic going into 2022.

Bullag8r

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
"Option 2: Name AR-15 the starter. We know he can score even with Mullen hamstringing him. Get a new D coordinator. Have a chance for a year with the talent we already have on hand. Why the fuchs not try this? Better than letting a generational talent walk out the door. AR signed up to run Mullen's offense for his hometown Gators. Don't fuchs that up."

This is how Mullen could survive. Hand the team to AR. AR shows promise against UGA and then wins out while looking great. Fire Grantham. Make a somewhat exciting DC hire. Win the Music City (or whatever) Bowl. Sign a top 15 class. (I know that's not good enough long term, but...) Under those circumstances Mullen could survive. If all that happens I will choose to be optimistic going into 2022.

That is great strategy if your objective is to maintain a losing coach and a losing program. I personally believe that it is way past time for a complete reset of the entire program.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member

Big Wave doesn't look too smart, but this should clear up any doubts.

You "let's make run #5 with Dan Mullen bc this time it will be different people" are hilarious.

G. Gordon Gator

Intrepid Chauvinist
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2018
Big Wave doesn't look too smart, but this should clear up any doubts.

You "let's make run #5 with Dan Mullen bc this time it will be different people" are hilarious.
So, just for the record, you don't think Dan Mullen will ever be any good? Is that what you're trying to say? Sorry, I'm not exactly sure what point you're making, that's all. I don't think you've expressed it clearly or often enough. Could you state your thoughts on Mullen one more time?

Big Wave

Nov 26, 2017
"Big Wave doesn't look too smart, but this should clear up any doubts."

For the record:

1. I never claimed to be smart.

2. I'm not a fan of CDM, never was. Nor do I hope he is retained. If he hands the team to AR, AR lights it up, we finish with five straight wins, and he gets a new DC, he will be retained and I'll look forward to next year.

I do not expect him to give the team to AR. He is too arrogant and stubborn.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Now hold on...
What if, and this is a big what if, but what if AR is named the starter and finishes strong on offense?
He has the skills to successfully run Mullen's offense to the tune of 40-45pts/game.
The way the media fawns on AR being a future 1st round draft pick should inspire a few extra recruits.
We'll get us a couple of 5 star receivers who want to ball out with AR.
The only thing to change then is the DC. Find anyone with a pulse and it will be an improvement.
Have an improved and hopefully serviceable defense, and voila, instant contender.

I think this is our only way this sh!t show ends well.
D85C3AD6-AED9-49DE-BACB-557FA2266644.gif

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
That is great strategy if your objective is to maintain a losing coach and a losing program. I personally believe that it is way past time for a complete reset of the entire program.
Even if that means No AR-15 ? Dude transfers and we have to watch him excel somewhere else?
We let Cam Newton slip through our fingers. Couldn't stomach losing AR-15. He's our next superman. Give him the keys to the team and see what happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator