Expectations for next year?

PastyStoole

Founding Member
Man, there's no boundary line to art. ~Bird Parker
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Not coincidentally, Harris ran the show those six games. Not to over emphasize the importance of one player, but I think if you insert a quarterback who can process the field better and deliver the ball accurately, the overall offensive result during those six games would have been significantly different.

I don't know that a three-star two-time backup and true freshman would be significantly better. I hope they are, but it doesn't seem unlikely.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Not coincidentally, Harris ran the show those six games. Not to over emphasize the importance of one player, but I think if you insert a quarterback who can process the field better and deliver the ball accurately, the overall offensive result during those six games would have been significantly different.

Or an offensive line that didn't have a one armed man, and four guys who shouldn't be starting in the SEC right now?

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Yes, the team has myriad issues, I get that. But, forgetting the big pic a moment, let's call a spade a spade. Treon failed to spot open receivers in every game.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Yes, the team has myriad issues, I get that. But, forgetting the big pic a moment, let's call a spade a spade. Treon failed to spot open receivers in every game.
Absolutely correct. Going back to the FSU game we were sitting directly behind the offense and see multiple times TH could not hit nor spot McGee or Callaway on the drag routes and the crossing routes. Nuss was giving him everything he needed as well as the FSU D across the middle and he cannot see it or connect on it. In the game last week. Nuss calls a simple out and up route with Goolsby. Its a 1-2-3 drop and throw route, plain and simple. Goolsby breaks and is wide open and of course TH looks at it and tucks it, if he ever saw it. The OL gave him several opportunities and he cannot simply take advantage. TH lacks the ability, desire, and most of all the smarts to be at QB at this level.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

I'm not defending Treon, but not all the issues we lump on him were not all his fault either. The last 6 games of the season showed how really shallow we are in a number of areas, especially OL and QB. Receiver we have one guy with NFL talent, one with NFL potential (at times as a DB), and a bunch of also rans. TE we have one NFL guy, a guy who could be come one, and a bunch of guys. Deepest position on Offensive was possibly RB, due to two true freshman and a junior who will be in the NFL next year. Treon shouldn't start next year and isn't a fit for this offense, but his fellow offensive players didn't offer him a whole lot of help.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Treon shouldn't start next year and isn't a fit for this offense, but his fellow offensive players didn't offer him a whole lot of help.
I both agree, and disagree with this. I believe when Harris first took over, everybody was playing hard, trying to make plays. But as the games went by, and everybody saw how terrible Treon was at finding and hitting wide open receivers over and over and over again, their effort dropped off. It really showed in the bowl game where receivers weren't even trying to catch the ball it seemed. Practically the whole team was in ride out the rest of the season mode after winning the East.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I both agree, and disagree with this. I believe when Harris first took over, everybody was playing hard, trying to make plays. But as the games went by, and everybody saw how terrible Treon was at finding and hitting wide open receivers over and over and over again, their effort dropped off. It really showed in the bowl game where receivers weren't even trying to catch the ball it seemed. Practically the whole team was in ride out the rest of the season mode after winning the East.

… similar to the learned hopelessness of an abused child homelife.? … call child services and
have Treon removed from our home. ??

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I'm not defending Treon, but not all the issues we lump on him were not all his fault either. The last 6 games of the season showed how really shallow we are in a number of areas, especially OL and QB. Receiver we have one guy with NFL talent, one with NFL potential (at times as a DB), and a bunch of also rans. TE we have one NFL guy, a guy who could be come one, and a bunch of guys. Deepest position on Offensive was possibly RB, due to two true freshman and a junior who will be in the NFL next year. Treon shouldn't start next year and isn't a fit for this offense, but his fellow offensive players didn't offer him a whole lot of help.

'78 you have some good points there but especially about depth. But TH had alot of opportunities that he never cashed in on either. Grier was running for his life in those first six games. TH actually got some pocket time and just simply couldn't make it work. We saw it many times in the Bowl game as well as FSU. WR's and TE's streaking deep and across the middle wide open. I believe of alot of that is the mental aspect. And most of all he doesn't have the talent or mental abilities to be a QB at this level.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I believe of alot of that is the mental aspect. And most of all he doesn't have the talent or mental abilities to be a QB at this level.

… we should require our QBs as recruits to take that Wonderlic test or ratings' systems
offer an extra star for a certain score level … I mean it is higher education and the
NFL's training ground ??

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
'78 you have some good points there but especially about depth. But TH had alot of opportunities that he never cashed in on either. Grier was running for his life in those first six games. TH actually got some pocket time and just simply couldn't make it work. We saw it many times in the Bowl game as well as FSU. WR's and TE's streaking deep and across the middle wide open. I believe of alot of that is the mental aspect. And most of all he doesn't have the talent or mental abilities to be a QB at this level.

Again, don't believe he should ever start a down at qb for Florida again. But defensive coordinators were telling the media, they wouldn't rush as hard on Harris to give him open lanes to run. They knew if you covered short and he didn't break contain he was done. So those extra seconds were more by defensive design than our at the time (especially in the last 4 games) walking wound offensive line. Short guy behind tall guys always waiting on receivers to be open, with one or two guys that had the naturally ability to be open. It's disaster, Treon lacks mental timing to throw to a spot, at this point it can't be taught for him. But the collapse of this team is more than one guy, this roster needs a rebuild especially on offense.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
Perennial-Spade-Sneeboer-img-1916-w308-h308.jpg

?

images

?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays