Fairness wins in the end

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
It's a wonder there's still a PF at all tbh. There have been repeated reported posts on a daily basis for a couple weeks now. It's getting to the :yawn: level for this mod... It's always the same poor sensitive souls too. I wish people would just stay out of the fire if they can't take the heat, but alas, I can't control who clicks into the PF to see what everybody's talking about.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
NavetG8r;n244847 said:
It's a wonder there's still a PF at all tbh. There have been repeated reported posts on a daily basis for a couple weeks now. It's getting to the :yawn: level for this mod... It's always the same poor sensitive souls too. I wish people would just stay out of the fire if they can't take the heat, but alas, I can't control who clicks into the PF to see what everybody's talking about.

So people really are complaining? I've said it before, remove the flagging system.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
NavetG8r;n244847 said:
I wish people would just stay out of the fire if they can't take the heat.
GIF-abandon-abandon-thread-dislike-do-not-want-kramer-run-away-Seinfeld-WTF-GIF.gif

NCOGator

Sep 5, 2014
URGatorBait;n244858 said:
So people really are complaining? I've said it before, remove the flagging system.

Now that explains why I don't have that many likes. It is too close to the "Flag".....:headscratch:

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
URGatorBait;n244858 said:

So your fix is to remove a tool to help the mods identify bad behavior, not to ban the people behaving badly? Sure, makes sense...:crazy:

A while back I made the effort to start a thread in the PF to remind the regular posters in there that people who normally don't frequent the PF visit from time to time when they get bored and those are also the people that do the most complaining about the posts in the PF. I warned the PF posters that they had to curb their language and insults because they weren't the only ones reading their posts. Did anyone stop or even slow the insults? Maybe a day or two, or a week at best, then it went right back to business as usual. Instead of blaming the mods for acting on complaints, the PF posters should have modified their behavior, but refused. They only have themselves to blame imo.

NCOGator

Sep 5, 2014
Like I said Cowboy and I never agree but I know that most of his time in life is spent trying explain why he hates everyone that doesn't agree with him. So he doesn't bother me. Hell there hasn't been anyone on here that really pisses me off...maybe bc I know that y'all are a bunch of pussies:whistle:

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
NavetG8r;n244869 said:
So your fix is to remove a tool to help the mods identify bad behavior, not to ban the people behaving badly? Sure, makes sense...:crazy:

A while back I made the effort to start a thread in the PF to remind the regular posters in there that people who normally don't frequent the PF visit from time to time when they get bored and those are also the people that do the most complaining about the posts in the PF. I warned the PF posters that they had to curb their language and insults because they weren't the only ones reading their posts. Did anyone stop or even slow the insults? Maybe a day or two, or a week at best, then it went right back to business as usual. Instead of blaming the mods for acting on complaints, the PF posters should have modified their behavior, but refused. They only have themselves to blame imo.
You're not getting it, and I've explained this before. The flagging system makes it too easy for anyone to mindlessly flag posts, which you, J and Ox then have to deal with. That leads to much time wasted with you guys. If someone really has a problem, it isn't that hard to PM you guys, but IMO, that effort to do so, will likely cut down on some of the mindless flagging of posts.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
NavetG8r;n244869 said:

IDK, asking the PF regulars to curb their abrasive posting was probably going a little too far, IMO. I don't care for some of the tactics employed by some of the more aggressive posters in the PF, but when I do venture in when I see something that catches my attention (or I'm bored), I get what I get, and I somewhat expect to get some grief, given my left leaning views. I've never flagged anybody for anything and wouldn't even think of doing it - I'd probably send you a PM about it instead if it got to be that bad. So getting rid of the flag system would probably reduce the amount of complaints, as the complainers would have to PM you, which that takes a little more effort. Me and URGB don't agree much about anything, other than that he's a :jerkstore: so maybe his idea isn't so crazy after all. Just thinking out loud here. :blahblah:

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
URGatorBait;n244887 said:
You're not getting it, and I've explained this before. The flagging system makes it too easy for anyone to mindlessly flag posts, which you, J and Ox then have to deal with. That leads to much time wasted with you guys. If someone really has a problem, it isn't that hard to PM you guys, but IMO, that effort to do so, will likely cut down on some of the mindless flagging of posts.

The flag button doesn't automatically flag a post. So stop acting like it does.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
GatorBart;n244890 said:
IDK, asking the PF regulars to curb their abrasive posting was probably going a little too far, IMO. I don't care for some of the tactics employed by some of the more aggressive posters in the PF, but when I do venture in when I see something that catches my attention (or I'm bored), I get what I get, and I somewhat expect to get some grief, given my left leaning views. I've never flagged anybody for anything and wouldn't even think of doing it - I'd probably send you a PM about it instead if it got to be that bad. So getting rid of the flag system would probably reduce the amount of complaints, as the complainers would have to PM you, which that takes a little more effort. Me and URGB don't agree much about anything, other than that he's a :jerkstore: so maybe his idea isn't so crazy after all. Just thinking out loud here. :blahblah:

:sadnanner:

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
WobbleGator;n244891 said:
The flag button doesn't automatically flag a post. So stop acting like it does.

I didn't say that

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

And you aren't getting it either. Maybe you missed the part where Ox never wanted a PF to begin with? He only added it because people asked for it. There are rules for the board, the PF isn't immune to them just because Ox, J, and recently even myself because I got tired of all the BS, don't frequent there. The rules still apply just like all the other forum sections. You guys just get away with more because the mods don't venture into the PF often. You're acting like a typical liberal. Everybody else should modify THEIR behavior to accommodate me! Well, sorry bro, Gator Chatter isn't a democracy, it's Ox's little kingdom where his rules are what matters, not your special needs to insult at will without ramifications.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
NavetG8r;n244903 said:
And you aren't getting it either. Maybe you missed the part where Ox never wanted a PF to begin with? He only added it because people asked for it. There are rules for the board, the PF isn't immune to them just because Ox, J, and recently even myself because I got tired of all the BS, don't frequent there. The rules still apply just like all the other forum sections. You guys just get away with more because the mods don't venture into the PF often. You're acting like a typical liberal. Everybody else should modify THEIR behavior to accommodate me! Well, sorry bro, Gator Chatter isn't a democracy, it's Ox's little kingdom where his rules are what matters, not your special needs.

wow You totally took that the wrong way.

We are talking about different points here. I'm trying to help you not have to deal with people wasting your time with mindless flagging, but hey, apparently you like it, so have at it.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member

I flagged this post.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
URGatorBait;n244910 said:
wow You totally took that the wrong way.

We are talking about different points here. I'm trying to help you not have to deal with people wasting your time with mindless flagging, but hey, apparently you like it, so have at it.

No, actually I'm at the point where I hope Ox gets rid of the PF completely. It's gotten beyond tolerable imo. When every day, or nearly every day I first check my email in the morning, there's another flagged post (3 in one day this week) in the PF, I no longer care if you guys have your little haven or not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator