Fall Camp 2019: starting OT Jean Delance on crutches

Oscar the G

Nov 7, 2018
I figured it night have been a mistake to play dean at CB rather than safety or star, depending on where one thinks his most suited position is. Not really sure how the coaches could be more ready for an injury to Henderson last year, they only had what was given to them. As for playing McWilliams on an island, I never said that was smart and you know that. I can understand the reasoning behind it.

The coaches do have to decide who fits where for depth. Burney would be optimal if he could play star, especially after practicing there last year. I think we have more depth at LB than safety.

Oscar the G

Nov 7, 2018
Similar to you knocking a well regarded DC over his schemes?

I dont believe I've ever told you that you were wrong about anything football wise. Most of the time I'm getting and valuing your football opinion. But you are being pretty vague in what slatons responsibilities were on that play. I'm just curious why slaton chose to rush the A gap rather than the B.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
I always like hearing about players staying later than required. Others have left and the o-line is still working.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Senior Jeawon Taylor has impressed, and in media availability, the staff was quick to point out that Taylor was probably underappreciated at the strong spot, having quietly been one of the more effective coverage guys in the country in that capacity last season.

Swonkey incoming in 3..2..1..

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Swonkey incoming in 3..2..1..
Snaps per reception doesn't mean anything. We play a division full of Muschimps who don't throw the ball, and when they do their first target is going to be one of their two top receivers being covered by CJ McWilliams.

Cant help but note they aren't showing pass breakups to completion or per target. There is a reason they aren't.

Plus, why would the "safeties are improved" if they were already the best? Even he doesn't believe that garbage.

[New or returning CBs] also limits the amount of ground they need to patrol, which helps offset the deficiencies some in the unit have athletically.

Now for DEs and backers:

They comment on Bogle but then note Diabete is undersized. So, Diabete is undesized as 213 pound Sam backer (true, but 20-40 pounds underweight) but Bogle as a 216 pound Defensive End (hand in the dirt, lined up against an OT most plays and 50 to 80 pound underweight) has the size and length Grantham wants at DE and is ready to play now? #logic

Last edited:

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
5 early developments in Florida's fall camp

5 early developments in Florida’s fall camp

Slightly over the top. Forget the SEC East. We should be in contention for the NFC East.

I want to be encouraged by the Taylor talk, but with the rest of the article’s nature, I’m assuming it’s just par for the course.

The one part I do agree with is the OL. We lost starters, but outside of one, none of them were stars. So if we can simply get solid effort from what we return and having another year in the scheme, we should be fine.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
Well, if talented means big, strong, fast, huge arm, both Franks and Dipshyt are talented.
I prefer “mentally talented” in my QBs. Maybe he surprises this year, though. He consistently says that everything changed for him in the South Carolina game when he finally decided to start running, not scrambling. Hope it sticks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator