Fall Camp 2019: starting OT Jean Delance on crutches

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
The only reason we offered Taylor was because he was best friends with mac wilson, hoping if we got Taylor, Wilson would follow, and you see how that turned out :headslap:
Yeah... I remember that now.

We were getting both Mack Wilson and Bammers other LB that year, Ben Davis, cause Ole Butters was gonna spread the PB all the way to the edges. We had pumpers sure we were landing them til the last day or so.

Of course that was after we showed up late and stealing Devin Bush and Mbem-Bosse from Meatchikn.

Ole Butters fancied himself a top 2 recruiter when he first got here.

btw: Putu, Linton, Taylor, Burnett and McWilliams. That DB class was Butterrific.

Last edited:

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I love you man. Seriously.

It was Jawaan Taylor the tackle for whom they made a late run after they noticed his weight loss and game play.

Jeawon plays a lot like Kirby Smart. I could see the infatuation.

Jeawon Taylor, Florida, Safety

Look at the videos, articles and timeline. They made a push for both, which is why he was a signing day decision.

As for your feelings...

giphy.gif

Last edited:

OurProgramIsBroken

Oct 29, 2017
Yeah... I remember that now.

We were getting both Mack Wilson and Bammers other LB that year, Ben Davis, cause Ole Butters was gonna spread the PB all the way to the edges. We had pumpers sure we were landing them til the last day or so.

Of course that was after we showed up late and stealing Devin Bush and Mbem-Bosse from Meatchikn.

Ole Butters fancied himself a top 2 recruiter when he first got here.

btw: Putu, Linton, Taylor, Burnett and McWilliams. That DB class was Butterrific.
Which this doesnt have to do with DBs, but Dont forget the C'yontai Lewis and Bo Scarborough connection, Bo was a lock after Lewis committed :facepalm:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member

When the OL got swag, errrbody got swag.

Last edited:

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
I’ve wondered what the point is with these kind of comments. Do we forget all the camps and the scouting because there’s elite talent at Nowhere High just waiting to be discovered.

5-Star Finger

Apex predator of the political forum biome
Lifetime Member
Nov 16, 2017
I’ve wondered what the point is with these kind of comments. Do we forget all the camps and the scouting because there’s elite talent at Nowhere High just waiting to be discovered.

I tend to be of the mindset that exceptions tend to prove the rules. It's been a long time since I looked at it seriously but I think there is a notable difference in the draft rate of most positions for blue chip players. If I'm recalling this right, the one place this was particularly not true was at O Line. I've been around kids that looked they were going to be great and then stopped growing and others that couldn't stop eating. It's a tough position to project for a lot of reasons. I've never looked at it seriously, but I bet it has the highest bust rate - especially at tackle.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

The problem with these types of statements is that they aren't used properly. If someone's railing against a particular 2-3* player and insisting that there's zero chance they'll ever be good, then so be it. Those stats show there are exceptions and I'm ok with that logic in specific circumstances. But these posters, or tweeters, actually lead with it and encourage a debate which has been settled a million times. If it says anything, it's that the NFL draft is a total crap-shoot and that some players simply don't develop until they're much older. But when the same teams are in the top 5 in recruiting and in the following years' standings, or when a team like ND or Washington makes the final four only to be completely outclassed at nearly every position and as a result gets crushed, it kills any chance of the "stars don't matter" idea. The argument is over and I'm equally puzzled why anyone would want to continue it.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
You’ll never be able to convince me that you haven’t been diagnosed as bipolar at some point in your life.
Im just posting news dude. posting someone's tweet doesn't mean I believe in it just means I think it's interesting and it's related to the Gators.

That being said, I been entirely consistent and saying that I don't have any concerns about Hev and the OL. I said our worst offensive line under this regime was last year. I'm sure I've said it ten thousand times.

Does anyone disagree? or is it just is Knox that is confused?

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Campbell, listed at 304 on the roster, says he's at 295:

More Savage success

Starting defensive tackle Kyree Campbell is yet another Nick Savage success story. With the help of Savage, Campbell has lost weight (20 to 25 pounds) and gained strength.

Campbell said he feels a big difference on the field.

“Me running to the ball. I can run and I feel good,” he said. “I feel very good at this weight and I feel powerful.”

Campbell played at between 315 to 320 pounds last season. He’s now weighing in at 295.

“That’s something that I personally worked with Coach Savage and our strength staff to get down,” he said. “I didn’t want to lose weight, I didn’t want to lose a lot of muscle mass. I wanted to lose a lot of fat. With Savage helping me out and our new nutritionist helping me out, that’s what happened.”

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
With Savage helping me out and our new nutritionist helping me out, that’s what happened.”

So has Slaton not had access to this person? Or, he just didn't want to do what he or she said? Because in his interview, he said he worked it out himself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator