Fall Camp 2019: starting OT Jean Delance on crutches

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
I don't know, do healthy players the first year in a system tend to get better the more they practice and play in that system? Look I'm no fanboy of the Mullen hire but if he makes his players and team better than the team that happens to line up across from us then so be it. I never expected championships from him but if he at least keeps it(the season) interesting then I go for the ride.
Hell it wasn't that long ago that most members on this boards predecessor(GSMB) were laughing at Dabo....

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Agree, funny how the perception changed due to the wins vs. FSU & Michigan. A win is a win, but this team was close to falling apart after Missouri. We have a ton of depth issues and this injury to Delance could expose an ugly truth about this 2019 team (OL play). Hopefully Gouraige or Moore is ready, because 280lb Tarquin needs a year to put on some size. It'll be interesting to see how Miami attacks the OL in this game (with or without Delance).
You beat the team that is in front of you. Mullen isn't doing anything earth shattering but it was his first year with the players and it takes a little while to learn their strengths and weaknesses. From a talent standpoint last years line was a trainwreck….Fred Johnson...you kiddin me... but he added a wrinkle here and there and followed a system his players could learn.

Last edited:

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I think we improved some on offense at the end by speeding things up and letting Frank's pass less as a percent of our plays.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
There was definitely a difference after the first half of the USC game but I’m not sure it wipes away the Mizzou or UGA games. Maybe turns the tide in the Kentucky game though. My guess is that we don’t come out looking great at first but the offense is more consistent through out the year. Probably not a major jump in any statistical category.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member

I am not sold that Franks improved a ton either at the end. The stats say we just picked up the pace running plays and threw fewer passes % wise during those games. I think if our running game was to take a step back Franks would be in trouble as he can't carry a team passing the ball. Maybe he will prove me wrong and our 2nd best SEC receiving crew everyone talks about will have numbers that point to them being one of the best groups instead of the mediocre numbers they had last season.,

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Sounds like a deep bone bruise possibly on Delance. Does that mean he will be good by game time probably?

Musclepug

never go full retard
Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2018
Twitter says.....

Ethan Hughes (@ehughes97) tweeted at 1:07 PM on Thu, Aug 15, 2019:
Amari Burney said he's practicing at linebacker and nickel, but not safety. He's No. 2 at nickel right now.
()

BruceWayne

Dec 12, 2016
I'm watching the replay of Uglay from last year on SEC network. I did not remember that it was 20-14 late in the third quarter. About 4 min left in the third and Uga is driving. I think we can beat them this year. They aren't as far ahead of us as some people say they are. **** Uglay! Go Gators!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator