Fall Camp 2019: starting OT Jean Delance on crutches

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member

Trevon Hill is up there with anyone in the country probably as a pass rusher and that 2nd year one Rossou or something like that is a terror in practice supposedly.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
We did add 1 wrinkle per game last year and I forgot to mention that....however Franks always seems like he has to settle in with short stuff before he goes downfield. I don't really mind it as much though because we have a lot of talent at WR and it gets them into the game while taking pressure off the gunning game. Guys like Toney and Grimes are only 1 block away from taking a short toss a long way too.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
We did add 1 wrinkle per game last year and I forgot to mention that....however Franks always seems like he has to settle in with short stuff before he goes downfield. I don't really mind it as much though because we have a lot of talent at WR and it gets them into the game while taking pressure off the gunning game. Guys like Toney and Grimes are only 1 block away from taking a short toss a long way too.

The Miss State game was crazy with the sideline stuff but not sure we can do that as easily against Miami as they jump stuff like that looking at their tape. Mullen knew Miss State was going to play off by the players tendencies probably and we still didn't do anything but score a TD on a trick play pass by a non-QB.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
The Miss State game was crazy with the sideline stuff but not sure we can do that as easily against Miami as they jump stuff like that looking at their tape. Mullen knew Miss State was going to play off by the players tendencies probably and we still didn't do anything but score a TD on a trick play pass by a non-QB.
We were a better offensive team by the end of the year though and while I have some concerns about our offensive line I also think their offense struggles with our defense...It may not be pretty but I think we win 27-13 or maybe 31-17....

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
“Unless there’s some well-kept secret that would qualify him for a waiver, I’d say chances of Brenton Cox getting a waiver are approximately zero,” Mars told the AJC on Tuesday.

Florida coach Dan Mullen said this week the Gators will try and seek immediate eligibility for Cox through a transfer waiver with the NCAA. There's no timetable however on hearing back from college football's governing body.

And since Cox transferred to a school within his own conference, he'll need a second waiver from SEC commissioner Greg Sankey.
Brenton Cox's NCAA eligibility waiver not looking good

Yeah.... Uga mad.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
“Unless there’s some well-kept secret that would qualify him for a waiver, I’d say chances of Brenton Cox getting a waiver are approximately zero,” Mars told the AJC on Tuesday.

Florida coach Dan Mullen said this week the Gators will try and seek immediate eligibility for Cox through a transfer waiver with the NCAA. There's no timetable however on hearing back from college football's governing body.

And since Cox transferred to a school within his own conference, he'll need a second waiver from SEC commissioner Greg Sankey.
Brenton Cox's NCAA eligibility waiver not looking good

Yeah.... Uga mad.
Of course they are. Trying to hold back student athletes from achieving their dreams. Sounds pretty racist to me.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Seems rules preventing him playing would make him practicing with the team forbidden too... you know like a suspension related thing? Anybody know if the NCAA or SEC governing bodies haven't yielded, aren't leaning towards his right to play, then what team participation is allowed?

It is stupid to let the team (UGa) that created this dilemma to have jurisdiction in dictating how Cox's future should go. If UGa cock-blox Cox and Cox can't help us on the field, then he should create a court-stink that could hurt UGa's immediate next years of recruiting. I'm all for that.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
All the sports shows are talking about NFL running backs, how badly they are paid (worse than punters and kickers), and how they need a separate union. Does this ever come to the attention of RBs that would be better at LB and make more? Just askin' cause I heard that we were recruiting one.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
Get well Big Guy we need you, hope its just a mild sprain.
Amen

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
All the sports shows are talking about NFL running backs, how badly they are paid (worse than punters and kickers), and how they need a separate union. Does this ever come to the attention of RBs that would be better at LB and make more? Just askin' cause I heard that we were recruiting one.
So are you saying Chimp was right to recruit Derrick Henry as a linebacker? I don’t like to think he’s ever right about anything.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
So are you saying Chimp was right to recruit Derrick Henry as a linebacker? I don’t like to think he’s ever right about anything.
No, not gonna say that. But I will say that Henry, if he had the slightest desire to deliver a hit, would have made more money as a LB. Wonder if we could recruit Lee (?, right?) by telling him you can be a RB just as long as you want to be a RB, but we will mention twice a year that you would be better and make more moola as a LB? If the coaches are wrong, well, we have a good RB. If the coaches are correct, wouldn't he get tired of not playing?

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
No, not gonna say that. But I will say that Henry, if he had the slightest desire to deliver a hit, would have made more money as a LB. Wonder if we could recruit Lee (?, right?) by telling him you can be a RB just as long as you want to be a RB, but we will mention twice a year that you would be better and make more moola as a LB? If the coaches are wrong, well, we have a good RB. If the coaches are correct, wouldn't he get tired of not playing?
You’d think, but kids have a funny way of viewing the planet.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014

Agree, funny how the perception changed due to the wins vs. FSU & Michigan. A win is a win, but this team was close to falling apart after Missouri. We have a ton of depth issues and this injury to Delance could expose an ugly truth about this 2019 team (OL play). Hopefully Gouraige or Moore is ready, because 280lb Tarquin needs a year to put on some size. It'll be interesting to see how Miami attacks the OL in this game (with or without Delance).

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.