Fall Camp 2019: starting OT Jean Delance on crutches

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
From UGA's camp:

Fromm is obviously entrenched as the starter....but if he goes down they are in trouble.

True freshman D'wan Mathis is till working his way back after the summer surgery for a brain cyst and has not participated much....leaving 6' 185lb Stetson Bennett, a 2-star JUCO transfer (and former walk-on at UGA) as the top back-up. Behind him is walk-on Nathan Priestley from Los Angeles .

Bennett was a preferred walk-on at UGA and left after the 2017 season. He played JUCO last year.

"The 6-foot, 185-pounder can apply a redshirt year to his 2017 season at Georgia. He originally came to UGA in the 2017 class. So that will leave him with three seasons to play three years for the Bulldogs.

Bennett finished the 2018 season at Jones leading the program to a 10-2 record. He completed 145 of his 259 passes for 1840 yards with 16 touchdowns and 14 interceptions. That was good for a 56 percent completion rate.

His strengths are his accuracy, timing and mobility. Bennett was rated as a 2-star recruit coming out of high school. He passed up a few scholarship opportunities in order to walk-on to play for the Bulldogs."

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
This is from Goldkamp:

Talking to a number of the receivers and even other players on the team, everyone keeps raving about Chester Kimbrough. He's the first one to get mentioned every time someone asks about the freshmen defensive backs.

I've thought he's a bit thin to be ready for the SEC level, but the guys are super, super high on him. Thought it was worth noting.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
This is from Goldkamp:

Talking to a number of the receivers and even other players on the team, everyone keeps raving about Chester Kimbrough. He's the first one to get mentioned every time someone asks about the freshmen defensive backs.

I've thought he's a bit thin to be ready for the SEC level, but the guys are super, super high on him. Thought it was worth noting.
As I get older, my memory gets foggier. Wasn't CJ pretty skinny as a freshman? Not saying he's another CJ, mind you (though I'd love it if he was).

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
As I get older, my memory gets foggier. Wasn't CJ pretty skinny as a freshman? Not saying he's another CJ, mind you (though I'd love it if he was).

Yes. I spent most of 2017 thinking his head was going to just pop off at some point. It seemed giant in comparison to the rest of is body. One of the stranger looking players we've had recently.

But as you said, if Kimbrough gets a pick-6 in his first game, he can be as skinny as he wants as well.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
Yes. I spent most of 2017 thinking his head was going to just pop off at some point. It seemed giant in comparison to the rest of is body. One of the stranger looking players we've had recently.

But as you said, if Kimbrough gets a pick-6 in his first game, he can be as skinny as he wants as well.

It doesn't help that he pulls that helmet so far down either ...

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
From UGA's camp:

Fromm is obviously entrenched as the starter....but if he goes down they are in trouble.

True freshman D'wan Mathis is till working his way back after the summer surgery for a brain cyst and has not participated much....leaving 6' 185lb Stetson Bennett, a 2-star JUCO transfer (and former walk-on at UGA) as the top back-up. Behind him is walk-on Nathan Priestley from Los Angeles .

Bennett was a preferred walk-on at UGA and left after the 2017 season. He played JUCO last year.

"The 6-foot, 185-pounder can apply a redshirt year to his 2017 season at Georgia. He originally came to UGA in the 2017 class. So that will leave him with three seasons to play three years for the Bulldogs.

Bennett finished the 2018 season at Jones leading the program to a 10-2 record. He completed 145 of his 259 passes for 1840 yards with 16 touchdowns and 14 interceptions. That was good for a 56 percent completion rate.

His strengths are his accuracy, timing and mobility. Bennett was rated as a 2-star recruit coming out of high school. He passed up a few scholarship opportunities in order to walk-on to play for the Bulldogs."
I don’t wish injury on anyone but maybe he can get caught porkin Kirby’s wife or something.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
Word from camp is that Chester kimbrough is one of the most impressive cornerbacks regardless of class.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
TOS is reporting that starting OT Jean Delance is on crutches - unsure of the injury, or how serious.

Also reporting that starting DT Kyree Campbell has a groin injury and is day to day.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
TOS is reporting that starting OT Jean Delance is on crutches - unsure of the injury, or how serious.

Also reporting that starting DT Kyree Campbell has a groin injury and is day to day.

We are screwed at Tackle if we don't get a running game going good. Miami has 3 good pass rushers so they will have one on each tackle on passing downs. We will have to use a TE a lot probably for blocking.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
We are screwed at Tackle if we don't get a running game going good. Miami has 3 good pass rushers so they will have one on each tackle on passing downs. We will have to use a TE a lot probably for blocking.
My guess is that we'll throw sideways a sh!tload in the 1st half. It's our MO and they would have to have brass balls to press cover Grimes, Jefferson or Toney because any of the 3 could torch you in the bat of an eye. When they adjust Mullen will go to the ground and over the middle in the air.
One thing you're forgetting is that their offense may not be very good and if our defense does it's job their players will wilt on defense by the 3rd quarter. If you go back to every game we won last year the offensive game plan unfolded nearly identical every time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator