Fall Practice 2022

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
I think the reality check is setting in with how thin we are in certain spots that my optimism is quite guarded for this season.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
I think the reality check is setting in with how thin we are in certain spots that my optimism is quite guarded for this season.
We're 2-3 recruiting cycles away from quality depth and 3-4 seasons away from championship quality, experienced depth.

Last edited:

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
We're 2-3 recruiting cycles away from quality depth and 3-4 seasons away from championship quality, experienced depth.
I agree, but stranger things have happened. It takes a lot of luck to win a Natty for most programs not named Bama.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I love it! They gonna change their tune after week 1
We’re gonna have to find some receivers. The 2 best receivers in camp have been newcomers. Pearsall and Khaleil Jackson. Khaleil didn’t even play WR in HS. He played QB. But he is a legacy.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
Agreed. Getting pretty excited to see a future defense anchored with McClellan, Collins, Norman, Searcy, K James, Kamari, D Moore, Shemar, J Jackson, Castelle, McClain, Pyburn, Graham and so on. Mizell, EWII and Jean on offense. We really need to get the OL going but its not hard to get excited about the caliber of players we will be fielding soon. Im also pretty excited about a Toney coached defense too.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

I’m actually the opposite. Obviously a handful of key injuries would change things immensely. But that aside, the buy-in of the entire team throughout this transition has been near perfect. I think the attitude has completely changed from the faux “greatness” that was talked about by SEC coaches last year, to a team that wants to win. The greatest are of concern in terms of depth is DL and LB. But I feel like Toney and Spencer have been some of the best hires Napier has made. So I feel ok about that area because of them and what they’ll do to gameplan around it. The WR situation isn’t great, but I think it’s good enough that with a a strong run game, there will be plays available.

Another thing that I draw confidence from is Vegas. Look at Alabama being favored by 17.5 at Texas. Obviously Utah isn’t Alabama, but both teams are going against currently unranked opponents and the lines read one as a blowout while the other is essentially a pick-em. For that matter, the fact that we’re not even Top 25 according to polls, but Vegas sees us playing with a team that those same polls see as the 7th best in the country, says a lot, imo. This has a 2005/15/18 feel to it. I think we exceed expectations by a mile.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I’m actually the opposite. Obviously a handful of key injuries would change things immensely. But that aside, the buy-in of the entire team throughout this transition has been near perfect. I think the attitude has completely changed from the faux “greatness” that was talked about by SEC coaches last year, to a team that wants to win. The greatest are of concern in terms of depth is DL and LB. But I feel like Toney and Spencer have been some of the best hires Napier has made. So I feel ok about that area because of them and what they’ll do to gameplan around it. The WR situation isn’t great, but I think it’s good enough that with a a strong run game, there will be plays available.

Another thing that I draw confidence from is Vegas. Look at Alabama being favored by 17.5 at Texas. Obviously Utah isn’t Alabama, but both teams are going against currently unranked opponents and the lines read one as a blowout while the other is essentially a pick-em. For that matter, the fact that we’re not even Top 25 according to polls, but Vegas sees us playing with a team that those same polls see as the 7th best in the country, says a lot, imo. This has a 2005/15/18 feel to it. I think we exceed expectations by a mile.
It's remarkable what my mind camp can do. Good to have you back.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
It's remarkable what my mind camp can do. Good to have you back.

I was always positive on the coaching staff and culture they were bringing in. I questioned how recruiting was going at several intervals. Nothing more.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
Dont do drugs folks....except edibles, those are great!

6-6 ?

It could happen.

Lose to the leghumpers?

Nope.

Not going to happen.

A common theme in the twitter replies is: no depth. That's what scares me too.

Last edited:

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
Coach made some comments about this week there will very much be competition for depth.

Sounds like the WRs had a much better day yesterday. Lots of talk about Whittemore making some highlight reel type catches and not dropping a single one thrown his way all day. The unrated Thai Chai*&%&^$-Bowman (he needs a nickname?) looking really good as well, also making some highlight reel type catches. I guess that can be taken different ways but hope its good news about Bowman and not bad news about everyone else.

N Wright is apparently looking really good as RB1 and returner. Also kicking a$$ is freshman Etienne.

Dean is also balling out.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Richardson has ridiculous, effortless arm strength. Haven't been this excited about a player in years. Good thing I already have a #15 jersey in the closet from 14 years ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.